To unite and inspire people to action and achieve results, great ideas need to spread. And this means speaking to your audience in a way that inspires people to follow you and join your cause. Read more Read less
Whether you like it or not, as a senior leader your communication skills at work are being compared to TED talks. You may have great ideas but if you cannot communicate them you are unlikely to inspire people to achieve results.
Speaking to Inspire for Senior Leaders is designed to help you attract supporters and repel skeptics by giving you the tools and techniques to increase your live presence, sense of purpose and capacity to connect with your audience in a range of environments and media spotlights.
“Think perform, not inform.”
Dr Diana Theodores, Joint Programme Director
At a glance
- 13 Nov 2017
- 13 Nov 2018
- Duration3 + 2 days, residential
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost£6,130 + VAT
The programme modules run on the following dates:
|Module||November 17 Programme
||November 18 Programme
|1||13 - 15 November 2017
||13 - 15 November 2018
|2||10 - 11 January 2018||22 - 23 January 2019|
What you will learn
Whether speaking to large audiences or persuading in boardrooms this programme will transform how you are seen and heard. You will move from being motivational into the realm of the inspirational.
You will leave the programme confident and energised in your ability to:
- Communicate your vision, values and message with passion and precision
- Inspire your audience in a range of speaking environments
- Use the power of storytelling to connect more deeply with your message
- Think on your feet due to enhanced improvisational skills
- Align your body, voice and energy for an authentic performance
The programme is structured as follows:
- Module one: The World of the Personal
- Inter-modular period
- Module two: The World of the Professional
Find out more about the programme themes
- Within the safe and supportive space of the rehearsal room you will explore new ways forward, break limiting default behaviours, take risks, make discoveries and practice effectively.
- Use highly effective tools and methods from the world of theatre and performance coaching, to identify the key elements in finding your fullest expression.
- Develop the mind-body state that is at the heart of personal presence.
- Learn to create powerful, sensitive and effective presentations.
Benefits to you and your organisation
Whether speaking to large audiences or persuading in boardrooms, this programme will transform how you are seen and heard.
You will understand how to harness your sources of inspiration, enhance your improvisational skills for thinking on your feet and generating new ideas, and understand how to use the power of story to connect more deeply with your audience.
Your organisation will gain a leader who can communicate a vision and share ideas in a way that inspires others to take action, and inspires confidence with internal and external stakeholders.
Who should attend
Speaking to Inspire is for senior executives who are increasingly in the spotlight at a high level and want to:
- Increase their live presence.
- Learn to adjust their style for the demands of different audiences.
- Develop their sense of purpose
- Improve their capacity to connect with their audience in a range of environments and media spotlights.
Companies who have benefited from this programme
Department of Health Northern Ireland.
Legal & General.
“Highly recommended for leaders who want to make a difference in their communications, be more creative and make PowerPoint superfluous.” Sabine Herzberg, Group Human Resources Director, Celesio AG
“My confidence in being able to deliver effective presentations has increased ten-fold and I know that I can adapt accordingly and have fun.” Garry Wake, Managing Director, Trafalgar House Pensions Administration Ltd
Accommodation options and prices
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University