Executing strategies and policies using strategy/success maps and Balanced ScorecardsRead more Read less
This programme will give you the tools you need to implement your strategy and deliver better performance for your organisation. Through the application of success mapping you will learn how to clarify objectives and gain commitment to action. Using our performance review tools you will learn how to manage the process of capturing feedback, prioritising action and challenging your strategy. This will enable you to manage with measures and direct the future of your organisation.
Programme information – Live online
- 21 - 22 Oct + 22 Nov 2021
- Duration2 days + 1 day
- LocationLive online
- Cost£3,500 + VAT Concessions available
Programme information – Face-to-face
- Duration3 days
- LocationCranfield campus
- Cost£3,950 + VAT Concessions available
What you will learn
- Create a simple map to communicate strategic direction
- Understand the power of performance measurement in guiding strategy execution
- Gain a realistic view of what balanced scorecards can and cannot deliver
- Design KPIs to align activity to strategy and encourage the right behaviour
- Improve target setting through a 10 step process
- Validate and challenge strategy using feedback from the performance measurement system.
- Challenges in executing strategies
- Strategy Maps and Balanced Scorecards
- Success Maps and Performance Prism
- Customer value propositions
- Designing appropriate performance measures
- Setting the right targets
- Mapping strategic initiatives
- Managing the performance review process
- Using information strategically
- Validating strategies.
Reflect on your current strategy formulation and implementation processes and how you currently direct and performance manage your organisation.
- Why you need fast cycle strategy execution
- How to do fast cycle strategy execution
- Why we measure?
- The process approach – how it works, why we do it.
What Do We Need to Know? How do we deliver performance?
How Do We Capture the Data? How do we design and test indicators?
How Do We Gain Insight from Data? How do we extract actionable insights? How do we act on them?
How Do We Use Data to Challenge Strategy and Lead the Organisation? What are the leadership attributes are required?
Practical work and application of concepts in your organisation (4-6 weeks following the course).
An “Ask the Experts” Clinic. Putting your experience in context, reflecting on your learning and planning next steps.
Who should attend
- Directors and managers who are responsible for implementing strategy, designing and refreshing their scorecards or developing their organisational performance management system
- Project sponsors and leaders
- Senior line managers looking to improve their expertise in performance management.
20% discount (Tuition fee only) for Cranfield School of Management Alumni.
Accommodation options and prices
Tuition, course materials, full board accommodation and lifelong access to Alumni Membership benefits are included in the price of this course.
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University