If you would like to bring your partner with you when you come to Cranfield, there are a number of options, both for social/pleasure or business, that we are able to offer:
- We will only charge a nominal £20 per night Bed & Breakfast, for your partner to share your room (all of our rooms are doubles) – other meals will be charged as taken
- For ease of getting about, there is a bus service from Cranfield to Milton Keynes Coachway, Milton Keynes Railway Station, Milton Keynes Shopping Centre and also to Bedford
- The new city of Milton Keynes is only 15 minutes away. There are a host of social activities available, eg. Willen Lake (for watersports), Xscape (for skiing, snowboarding and tobogganing, indoor sky diving and rock climbing plus cinemas, retail outlets and numerous bars and restaurants), the centre:mk (under-cover shopping centre - over 400 shops within the city), The Stables (live music) founded in 1969 by music legends Dame Cleo Lane & Sir John Dankworth. Destination Milton Keynes has more information on all activities and events in the City
- The market town of Bedford is only 20 minutes by bus/car. One of Bedford’s main claims to fame is that John Bunyan wrote Pilgrims Progress whilst incarcerated in Bedford prison from 1660-1672 and in 1676. Please visit Visit Britain for more information.
- There are a number of local attractions, all within easy reach, which are well worth visiting, for example, Woburn Abbey (the home of the Duke of Bedford) and Safari Park, Althorp (the final resting place of Princess Diana), Bletchley Park (famous for the codebreaking Enigma machine), Twinwoods (from where Glenn Miller took his last flight),Gullivers Land (theme park for family fun days)
- Easy rail access to London and Birmingham. From Milton Keynes to London Euston the journey time is approx 45 minutes and from Milton Keynes to Birmingham is only 1hr and 15 minutes approx. From Bedford you can go straight into St Pancras (approx 45 minutes) from where you can pick up the Eurostar
- Within the School of Management, we can offer access to books & journals in the Knowledge Interchange for partners to study whilst at Cranfield
- We can also offer free internet access for both personal and business use plus of course, the usual Windows packages
- If an accompanying partner wishes to attend an executive open programme which takes place at the same time as the original programme, we will offer a half price place. This would be subject to the partner meeting the criteria for acceptance on to the programme, completion of an application form and full payment.
For further information please contact your Course Coordinator or Gislene Robertson, Client Service Manager – Tel: +44 (0) 1234 758140.