A clear marketing strategy focuses on your customers. Unlike a business plan it will help you to clarify who you should sell to, what you should sell them and why they should buy from you rather than a competitor. Cranfield has been at the forefront of leading edge thinking in this area. Read more Read less
Create a marketing strategy that maximises your growth in sales and profits.
The Marketing Strategy and Planning programme is based on decades of Cranfield research and is delivered by professors Malcolm McDonald and Stan Maklan. The programme gives you the capability to define marketing strategies that deliver sales and profit growth, and gives the tools to implement highly effective planning processes.
- Boost your confidence in marketing strategy and planning.
- Advance your knowledge on how to allocate precious marketing resources to maximum effect.
- Learn how to segment the market.
- Prioritise the most attractive and profitable market segments in line with your organisation known competitive strengths.
- Gain improved customer insights in order to drive segmentation and differentiation.
At a glance
- 18 - 19 Nov 2019
- Duration2 days, residential
- LocationCranfield campus
£2,790 + VATConcessions available
What you will learn
You will gain:
- A step-by-step process for creating a world-class marketing strategy.
- State-of-the-art concepts, tools and frameworks to improve performance and achieve competitive advantage.
- Improved skill and confidence in marketing strategy and planning.
- Leading-edge customer insight techniques to drive segmentation and planning.
- Ability to segment your customer market and prioritise the most attractive customers.
Your organisation will gain:
- A more knowledgeable marketer who can create innovative marketing strategies and maximise organisational resources to boost performance.
- Immediate business impact through the creation of marketing strategy and plans.
- Greater understanding of your customers and markets leading to differentiated value propositions and clear competitive advantage.
- Integration between the marketing and business strategy.
This is a two-day residential taking place at Cranfield School of Management.
Taught by world renowned Professor Malcolm McDonald and Professor Stan Maklan, you will benefit from their wealth of experience gained through decades of work with blue-chip businesses on their marketing planning processes.
You will benefit from a range of creative and diverse ideas used by the programme participants to overcome challenges that they have faced across a range of sectors.
The pragmatic design of the programme content walks you through a step-by-step process for developing a marketing strategy and plan. The goal is to help you organise the strategic marketing planning process effectively for immediate implementation, ready for you to share with confidence to your stakeholders.
You will learn how to:
- Perform correct segmentation.
- Prioritise segments.
- Correctly understand your customers' needs and use this to deliver strategic advantage.
- Craft clear and profitable value propositions that resonate with customers.
- Develop marketing strategies in line with customers needs.
- Create a powerful multi-channel strategy that effectively serves your customers.
- Perform CRM benchmarking.
- Make use of knowledge, tools and techniques required to implement marketing change.
Who should attend
- Marketing Directors and Managers.
- Business Development and Commercial Directors.
- SME Managing Directors.
Concessions25% discount for Cranfield School of Management Alumni.
Accommodation options and prices
Tuition, course materials, full board accommodation and lifelong access to Alumni Membership benefits are included in the price of this course.
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University