Procurement expertise and professional practice is transforming business models. In some sectors, procurement spend accounts for more than 50% of all costs and is central to profitability. Procurement however is much more than a simple concern for cost, it is also about value creation and as a function is becoming a key shaper of business success. Read more Read less
So as a procurement professional, how do you build strategic value in your organisation?
Our Leading Procurement Strategy Programme co-developed and co-delivered by Cranfield School of Management and the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) will provide you with current thinking to:
- Help build customer value whilst implementing an effective cost management strategy.
- Build your personal effectiveness as a procurement leader and that of your team.
- Win support from key stakeholders so that you are able to influence change.
- Foster effective supply chain collaboration and open the doors to financial and the reputational benefits that come with it.
- Be creative in responsible sourcing of products and services.
At a glance
- 20 - 22 Nov 2018
- 03 - 05 Jun 2019
- Duration3 days, residential
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost£3,550 + VAT Concessions available
What you will learn
- A clear understanding of the impact of procurement on competitive advantage.
- Increased ability and confidence in influencing, managing and motivating teams responsible for procurement.
- Skills to manage and mitigate risks in your supply chain.
- Access to Cranfield’s recent research in product and service acquisition.
Your Organisation will gain the capability to:
- Alignment of your procurement and business strategies to support sustained growth.
- Ownership of powerful models for acquiring products and services.
- More productive relationships with suppliers through collaboration and partnering.
- Best practice embedded in strategic cost management to achieve real organisational savings.
- Closer alignment with ethical issues in procurement.
- Greater level of innovation and new product/service development from a procurement perspective.
- Improved capability to overcome the challenges and common consequences of business process outsourcing.
- Enhanced competencies for commissioning complex products and services.
This is a three-day residential programme taking place at Cranfield School of Management.
Taught by our expert faculty, you will benefit from a combination of theory and real-world practical sessions that can be easily applied to your organisation. Group work will be featured throughout the programme, giving you the opportunity to share diverse ideas and success methods used by your peers across a range of sectors.
You will address the core theories and models to better understand strategic procurement practices and the link between its performance and competitive advantage.
The programme is designed to provide the skills, knowledge and tools to lead procurement teams in both public and private organisations. You gain the ability to bring the procurement agenda to the highest levels in your organisation.
- Develop your capability to uncover true costs when procuring a product or service.
- Develop your capability to procure a product or service that supports growth.
- Ensure your organisation operates at greater levels of efficiency.
- Clearly understand strategic cost management.
- Appreciate globalisation and the risk that it presents in your procurement performance.
- Strategically manage collaboration and partnerships.
- Effectively lead and innovate a sustainable procurement function.
Day one: Procurement and the supply chain
Focus on the strategic role of procurement in the organisation and the link between procurement performance and competitive advantage.
- Supply Chain Management (SCM) – key challenges in procurement.
- Developing a procurement strategy.
- Strategic cost management.
- Globalisation and risk.
- Problem based learning.
Day two: Managing strategic supply networks
We give you the key tools for managing strategic supply networks and an opportunity to apply them in your own context.
- Business model innovation.
- Collaboration and partnering.
- Problem based learning case studies.
Day three: Innovation and Leadership
Covers issues of innovation and leadership which will allow you to face current and future challenges.
- Sustainable procurement.
- Problem based learning – sharing solutions and feedback.
- Leading cross-functional teams.
Who should attend
Senior executives who wish to develop an understanding of strategic procurement practices and the latest thinking in the procurement implications of supply management.
- Head of Procurement and Procurement Directors.
- VP Purchasing and Purchasing Directors.
- Procurement Managers.
- Operations Directors and Managers.
- Head of Supply Chain.
Concessions25% discount for Cranfield School of Management Alumni.
Accommodation options and prices
Tuition, course materials, full board accommodation and lifelong access to Alumni Membership benefits are included in the price of this course.
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University