Improve your personal leadership to create and inspire high-performing teams
Who is this for
- Are increasingly taking on greater leadership responsibilities within their career or organisation,
- Need to enhance their leadership impact and capabilities to take the next step in their career,
- Are looking to refine their leadership approach to maximise performance across their team and create a positive performance culture,
- Are ambitious and want to become exceptional leaders.
What you will get
You will acquire a broader grasp of how to lead yourself, others and your organisation. Exploring the real dilemmas faced by leaders in a variety of creative and engaging ways will help you tackle your own challenges by embedding new leadership practices.
Discover your own personal leadership style to better interpret your context and how best to lead within it. Experience greater confidence to implement new ways to revitalise team members and inspire employee engagement by developing a fresh way of viewing performance as a leader. Develop the ability to perform and lead in a constantly pressurised environment.
By the end of the programme, you will have a leadership practice that will prepare you for your next leadership transition and the rest of your career.
“I found the course eye opening and uplifting.
To meet other people and managers having
the same kind of problems made me feel
more confident, and I feel I can use my new
skills effectively in my organisation.”
Kris Smyth, Production Team Leader, Ethos Energy Group
“It gives you a chance to take a step back, really look at
yourself a little bit harder and the impact you have on
other people in the workplace. Some of your frustrations,
other delegates have experienced the same and they give
you other ideas of how you might tackle them differently.
It’s about thinking outside the box, thinking laterally
and it sends you away with a real sense of purpose and
motivation to implement it.”
Ellen Thurman-Carvey, Sales Director, Barcham Trees Plc
At a glance
- 25 Jun 2024
- 26 Nov 2024
- Duration3 + 2 days, residential (Plus e-learning & live webinars)
- LocationCranfield campus
- Cost£6,850 + VAT Concessions available
Spread over an 11 week period, the programme explores three leadership practices in your context using a blended learning approach, to enable you to become the best leader you can be. These three leadership practices are:
- Developing skills and abilities to perform in a constantly pressurised environment,
- Navigating the transition from manager to leader,
- Understanding oneself and how to become a performance role model.
- Motivating without financial reward - the power of engagement,
- Developing high performance teams,
- Coaching diverse individuals and helping them to grow.
- Creating a great place to work,
- Building a performance culture,
- Influencing upwards and handling organisational politics.
Foundations and welcome webinar (online)
This module includes orientation of the programme, introductions and content consumption.
You will undertake a psychometric assessment to analyse your inclusion, control and affection attributes as well as undertake e-learning sessions including Neuroscience for leaders, motivation and psychological capital alongside a welcome webinar with peers and faculty members.
Discovery and insights - immersion (three-day residential)
This module involves immersion into the fundamentals of leading self and others and the leadership practices used to ensure peak performance outcomes.
You’ll explore different topics including personal insights, building relationships and coaching for performance.
Application at work, e-learning coaching webinar (two months)
The application module involves using the techniques learned from module one back in your organisation to enrich your understanding of how these work in practice.
During this period, you’ll have e-learning interactions and webinars with Cranfield and your peers, including coaching webinar on progress, self-paced online learning on influencing and teams, and leadership practice journal.
Discovery and insights - review (two-day residential)
Building on the two previous modules, this two-day session adds practical understanding of how to influence cultural drivers and achieve even greater organisational performance
You’ll explore different topics including emergent trends, culture, work values, influencing and planning your leadership practice.
The programme modules run on the following dates:
|Module||June 24 Programme||November 24 Programme|
||25-27 June 2024||26-28 November 2024|
|2||3-4 October 2024||6-7 February 2025|
What you will experience
Equip yourself with the latest tools and techniques that will enable you to tackle your real-world challenges by developing a new approach that builds on your personal strengths. You’ll leave feeling rejuvenated, refreshed and more confident about tackling your challenges.
The programme will help you to:
- Empower and influence your people to achieve organisational and team goals,
- Look at your performance as a leader through a new lens that allows current capabilities to be reviewed and renewed,
- Raise organisational performance through effective leadership of individuals and teams,
- Lead yourself, your team and your organisation, as well as knowing what to try, who with, and what will have the biggest impact,
- Develop new productive habits and a talent for leading people,
- Raise employee engagement and staff retention levels through effective leadership,
- Develop new leadership practices that help your leadership career progression.
Unique and practical programme features
Built on 25 years of continuous development, this programme has helped underpin Cranfield’s approach in developing worldclass leaders. Our unique learning technique is behind Cranfield’s global top ten Financial Times ranking position, as well as informing our EFMD award-winning programmes.
A unique cohort ‘ethos’ which encourages vital peer-to-peer learning and co-coaching. A unique blended learning approach combines experientially focused classroom sessions and facilitated exploration of individual ‘live issues’, with webinars, online group coaching, and a library of webcasts to create a carefully constructed ‘networked learning’ executive development environment.
A highly practical programme that allows you to rehearse your situation for more clarity on who to speak to and how to connect with them.
Cranfield renowned faculty – drawing on their research, thought leadership and global perspective on key issues to equip you with powerful insights.
20% discount (tuition fee only) for Cranfield School of Management Alumni who have attended one of our eligible leadership programmes.
Accommodation options and prices
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University