How to build and realise the maximum value of your business. Read more Read less
The 2-day masterclass will cover the key stages you need to know when selling your business, from knowing how to put a price on the business, right up to what happens after the deal. If you are considering selling your business then this masterclass is a must.
Delivered by Peter Watson, BGP Counsellor (2005-2011) and Director of an organisation which specialises in buying and selling businesses, and David Welling, BGP Counsellor (2008-present) and MD of a well-known consultancy partnership.
At a glance
- 18 - 19 Jul 2019
- LocationCranfield campus
- Cost £2,050 +VAT per delegate (a 25% discount is available to BGP alumni)
What you will learn
- Insight into how to make your business easier to buy and the importance of timing
- Clearer definition of where value lies in your business
- Understanding the difference between the QUANTITY and the QUALITY of profits
- The due diligence processes – what is it and why does it matter
- Structuring of a deal – getting the right terms and how to know when a deal is a good deal
- The importance of meeting your personal needs
- How to take your key people and your shareholders with you
- Where to focus your efforts
- Appreciation of how to get the most out of professional advisers
- Greater confidence to approach a sale positively
- 10 things TO DO and 10 things NOT TO DO for a successful outcome
Who should attend
- Business owners that are considering, or are interested in, the potential sale of their business within the next 5 years.
Accommodation options and pricesAccommodation, all materials, lunches and refreshments are included in the price.
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.