The overall aim of this collection of stackable modules is to equip participants with an understanding of Transformational Strategy (TS) which involves “radical changes in how members perceive, think and behave at work”.
The Bronze, Silver and Gold stackable modules will provide an overview and explanation of a number of diagnostic frameworks related to transformational strategy and support students in learning how to apply these frameworks via a series of case studies at organisational and sectoral level.
Who is this for?
- Leaders and middle managers who wish to understand or implement transformational change within their organisations and manage the challenges that come with it.
- If you choose to study past our Bronze, Silver and Gold badges, minimum criteria for the Postgraduate Award is an English language speaking IELTS score of 6.5.
How you will study
Our modules are fully stackable and self-paced, so you choose how much you want to learn and when.
- Bronze: 4 hours online, access anytime
- Silver: 6 hours online, access anytime
- Gold: 10 hours live online cohort based learning (two 5-hour sessions)
Gold Live Online sessions:
22 February 2023, 12:30-17:30 GMT
28 February 2023, 12:30-17:30 GMT
Our stacks offer reflection activities throughout which we suggest you allow additional time for, this is at your pace but our guidance is up to 8 hours for Bronze and up to 12 hours for Silver. This is your opportunity to apply your new knowledge and reflect on the impact it can have on you in your current and future roles.
Location: Online – a combination of always available, access anytime and live online.
What you will learn
Bronze – Self-paced
Award: Cranfield Bronze Digital Learning Badge
By the end of your Bronze stack you will be able to:
- Have an understanding of the significance of transformational strategy.
- Explain the difference between incremental and transformational strategy.
- Critically evaluate different frameworks for guiding the implementation of transformational strategy.
Silver – Self-paced
Award: Cranfield Silver Digital Learning Badge
Should you want to progress to our Silver stack, by the end of your study you will have developed knowledge enabling you to:
- Outline the traditional view of strategy as competitive advantage and explain why this is not enough to protect against transformational change.
- Identify the role(s) of leaders and middle managers in implementing transformational change.
Gold – Live Online
Award: Cranfield Gold Digital Learning Badge
Taking your stack up to Gold level will deepen your knowledge and learning, enabling you to:
- Explain the importance of organisational learning and culture in relation to transformational change.
- Describe key barriers to organisational learning (defensive routines, the difference between single- and double-loop learning).
- Outline the relevance of a story-telling perspective to implementing transformational change.
Completing the Bronze, Silver and Gold Cranfield Digital Badges within this stack alongside those in the Organisation Design stack and an Integrated Assessment will earn you a Postgraduate Award in Organisational Transformation and Design.
This comprises 3 Postgraduate Awards.
This comprises 6 Postgraduate Awards.
Master of Science (MSc)
PG Diploma, plus a thesis.