This website is run by Cranfield University. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. However, due to the nature of the content, some of our more technical pages have higher readability indices.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- you cannot easily tab through our content
- some older PDF documents aren’t fully accessible to screen reader software. By September 2020, we plan to either fix these or replace them with accessible HTML pages
- live video streams don’t have captions. We don’t plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- you can’t skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- there’s a limit to how far you can magnify our campus map as defined by Google
What to do if you can’t access a PDF on our website
If you can’t access information in a PDF on this website and would like a different format like large print:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in five days.
If you can’t view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email us for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact email@example.com
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Cranfield University is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Some older PDFs are not tagged. We are ensuring that new PDFs added are tagged and older PDFs are tagged by September 2020.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
Many of our older documents do not meet accessibility standards. Some of these documents are essential for providing our services. We plan to either fix these or replace them as an ongoing project.
Live video streams do not have captions. We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from the accessibility regulations.
How we tested this website
We have engaged AbilityNet to conduct a review of the website (July 2020) and are actively working towards making the site more accessible.
We regularly use our quality assurance software provided by SiteImprove to monitor our site, www.cranfield.ac.uk, and this reports every five days on any issues arising.
This statement was last updated on 20 August 2020.