Mindfulness is an exciting field of study and it is attracting a lot of media and research attention. Read more Read less
Mindful leadership is about cultivating and generating mindfulness at different levels in an organisation: It helps leaders improve their relationship with themselves, it fosters improved relationships with others, and it can be a catalyst for transformative change in an entire organisation.
Cranfield is at the forefront of the scientific enquiry into what mindful leadership is; how it works and how it can benefit individuals and organisations.
At a glance
- 01 - 03 Nov 2016
- 13 - 15 Jun 2017
- 07 - 09 Nov 2017
- Duration3 days, residential
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost2016: £3,675 + VAT, 2017: £3,850 + VAT
What you will learnThis ten-week programme is designed to support leaders as they -
- Develop their individual practice of mindfulness
- Learn highly practical and science-based methods to build stronger relationships with others through mindfulness
- Generate innovative insight and creative solutions for their specific organisational challenges and use mindfulness to have a positive impact on themselves. their team, and the system within which they work simultaneously.
The ten weeks are structured as follows:
- A three-day residential workshop (see dates below)
- A cohort webinar to address specific organisation challenges
- Peer to peer coaching and mentoring so that learning continues to embed following the workshop
- An online portal with staged learning materials and implementation support
Additionally, all participants who complete the ten-week programme are invited to the Cranfield Mindful Leadership Symposium which is held in Autumn, annually.
Mindfulness begins with an individual’s capacity to be mindful. This is the ability to be focused; to be open-minded; and to hold multiple perspectives. These three characteristics of mindfulness benefit individuals directly – generating a natural resilience to stress; allowing mental and emotional space for innovation; and supporting better decision making. When mindful, leaders begin to consciously re-balance their behaviour from reacting to responding. Personal change becomes effortless and instantaneous.
But “no (wo)man is an island". Individuals at work don’t operate in a vacuum. Much of our work is interactive, and depends on others and on factors outside our immediate control. In addition to reaping the benefits of mindfulness to you as an individual, our goal is to help you create mindful teams and foster mindfulness for your entire organization. More than simply the sum of individual mindfulness, mindful organizations include processes and systems that demonstrate a capacity to be failure-free, to achieve an unusual level of operational excellence and to adapt rapidly to dynamic contexts. Valued outcomes such as organizational learning, organizational commitment and change-readiness improve.
- Enhanced personal mastery
- Greater alignment of personal and organisational values
- Insights into habitual ways of working that hold individuals and organisation in stasis, and practical ways to solve problems and make decisions in high pressure situations
- Improved relating with others in teams and across the organisation, reliably and respectfully
- Practical tools for high-impact interventions to support organisational change
Who should attend
Senior managers and executives who wish to enhance their personal potential and to enhance the wellbeing and performance of others using innovative and evidence-based methods. For those who aspire to lead with integrity, sustainability, and maximum organizational impact.
Accommodation options and prices
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University