This programme is about transforming your already advanced presentation skills into something more inspirational. Read more Read less
Working at a much deeper level than traditional presentation skills courses, the programme powerfully increases your live presence, sense of purpose and capacity to connect with your audience in a range of environments and media spotlights. The programme is designed for small groups to ensure a personalised experience.
The teaching & learning approaches draw from the fields of presence and performance coaching, theatre, storytelling and communications.
At a glance
- 11 Jan 2017
- 16 May 2017
- 13 Nov 2017
- Duration3 + 2 days, residential
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost£6,130 + VAT
The programme modules run on the following dates:
|Module||January 17 Programme||May 17 Programme||November 17 Programme
|1||11 - 13 January 2017||16 - 18 May 2017||13 - 15 November 2017
|2||1 - 2 March 2017||22 - 23 June 2017||10 - 11 January 2018|
What you will learn
- Inspiring your audience in a range of speaking environments
- Understanding how to use the power of story to connect more deeply with your message.
- Enhanced improvisational skills for generating new ideas, and thinking on your feet
- Awareness of how to align your body, voice and energy for authentic performance as required in multiple environments and media
- Increased sense of purpose and presence.
- Rigorous feedback from individual coaching with which to sustain and develop your inspirational speaking
- Increased ability to communicate your vision, values and message with passion and precision
Whether speaking to large audiences or persuading in boardrooms this programme will transform how you are seen and heard. You will move from being motivational into the realm of the inspirational.
Led by highly experienced facilitators who achieve great results, you will unlock your unique strengths and style as an inspirational speaker.
Module 1 – The World of the Personal
An immersive 3-day deep dive in which participants explore personal sources of inspiration, meaning and purpose, grow awareness of their strengths in the spotlight, practice storytelling and receive coaching and feedback.
Interim – During this period of several weeks participants test out their learning from Module 1 by making a short podcast or video of themselves delivering a business talk, or some other related activity. This will demonstrate some of their key learning and commitments to action from Module 1, and provide a useful vehicle for demonstrating progress as well as areas that still require some focus.
Module 2 – The World of the Professional This 2-day module focuses on the professional setting and the inspirational messages that participants need to deliver. The emphasis is on individual practice, feedback and coaching. Participants will work from their video/podcast material to progress their inspirational speaking.
- Within the safe and supportive space of the rehearsal room you will explore new ways forward, break limiting default behaviours, take risks, make discoveries and practice effectively
- Use highly effective tools and methods from the world of theatre and performance coaching, to identify the key elements in finding your fullest expression
- Develop the mind-body state that is at the heart of personal presence
- Learn to create powerful, sensitive and effective presentations.
Who should attend
Experienced presenters who:
- Need to deliver messages with the power to inspire in different contexts
- Are increasingly in the spotlight at a high level
- Want to rejuvenate and regenerate their existing performance
- Nervous about adjusting their style for the demands of new challenges and environments
Accommodation options and prices
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University