There has been a worrying trend for Marketing to become increasingly tactical and less involved in strategic decision making. Few companies now have Marketing Directors at main Board level, where strategy is determined. Read more Read less
But, at Cranfield, we believe that Marketing has a critical strategic role and, done properly, can contribute enormously to organisational performance.
This course is for Marketing directors and leaders who share our values about putting Marketing back onto the strategic agenda.
Cranfield’s flagship Marketing programme celebrates its 27th anniversary and never has it been more relevant. Business must rediscover how to build new markets with innovative offers. The Marketing Directors’ Programme provides insight and practical guidance needed for such strategic directions. By the end of the programme, you will become a more effective Marketing Leader with the credibility and confidence to drive new growth opportunities, bolster innovation and lead customer-led change in your organisation.
To learn more about our Marketing Directors Programme, please visit our microsite.
At a glance
- 01 - 03 Nov 2016
- 08 - 10 May 2017
- 14 - 16 Nov 2017
- Duration3 days, residential
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost£3,950 + VAT
What you will learn
Your organisation will gain:
- An improved understanding of the latest strategic marketing thinking
- A marketing function ready to lead growth strategies
- Integration between the marketing and corporate strategy
- Improved strategic planning.
Over the course of the three days, you will cover:
- Operating at Board level: Developing a strategic focus and plan, being accountable and not just measurable
- Leading exceptional customer-facing organisations: Co-creating value with customers and having the power and influence to lead change on behalf of them
- Breakthrough innovation in marketing: Understanding unmet customer needs better and developing a strategic marketing organisation to exploit them.
Who should attend
This programme attracts senior marketers and non marketing executives with general management responsibility: typically Marketing Directors, Chief Marketing Officers, and Marketing Managers responsible for marketing strategy. Middle managers about to lead a marketing group are also encouraged to attend.
To support implementation of the programme concepts and thinking in the workplace, several members of the same organisation are encouraged to take part. It is common for up to four individuals from the same organisation to attend.
Accommodation options and prices
Tuition, course materials, full board accommodation and lifelong access to Alumni Membership benefits are included in the price of this course.
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre