We are in the midst of the 4th Industrial Revolution in the field of supply chain management. At Cranfield we witness many businesses where the innovative use of technology has disrupted the traditional approach to supply chain strategy and the impact of supply chain management on business performance. Read more Read less
Supply Chain 4.0 is upon us, supply chain executives are seeking to leverage the possibilities of emerging technology breakthroughs such as robotics, artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things, drones, people-less warehouses, 3D printing and autonomous vehicles to improve supply chain models and drive future business performance to greater levels.
These technologies are bringing some of the fundamentals of supply chain management into sharp focus. Supply Chain professionals have transformed their supply chains from a working capital cost efficiency centre to a genuine revenue making asset and a competitive advantage – using technologies to allow people to buy in a number of different ways – the Omni-Channel. It is the age of highly responsive customer value delivery.
To our knowledge Cranfield’s Supply Chain Management Programme is the most transformative and rewarding learning experience for Supply Chain executives in the UK & Europe. It is designed to bring inspiration and innovation to every supply chain professional regardless of the sector in which they work.
The benefits to Cranfield’s Supply Chain Management Programme?
- World-renowned industry Cranfield Centre for Logistics & Supply Chain Management faculty members including:
- Professor Richard Wilding OBE brings a wealth of expertise and experience with his significant contribution to Supply Chain Risk Management. In 2013, Richard was recognised for his outstanding achievement to logistics and supply chain management, he was appointed an Officer of the Most Excellent Order to the British Empire (OBE)
- Professor Martin Christopher work in the field of logistics and supply chain has gained international recognition. He has published widely including recent bestselling books such as Logistics and Supply Chain Management and Marketing Logistics. Also regularly contributing to conference and workshops around the world
At a glance
- 12 - 16 Mar 2018
- 01 - 03 Oct 2018
- Duration5 days, residential
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost£5,800 + VAT Concessions available
The programme modules run on the following dates:
|Module|| March 18 Programme
||October 18 Programme|
|1||12 - 15 March 2018
||1 - 3 October 2018|
|2||Not Applicable||12 - 13 November 2018|
What you will learn
Taking advantage of Cranfield’s proud research led heritage in this area, the Supply Chain Management programme is the only course of its type in the UK and Europe that gives you the very latest knowledge, tools, methods, strategies and solutions to manage your supply chain in the Industry 4.0 Digital era.
Of critical importance, the programme enables you to apply the latest thinking in Supply Chain essentials in order to leverage the new technologies thrusted upon the Supply Chain executive.
You will gain:
- Understanding of Industry 4.0 - The digital Era - and how to leverage transformative technology into your supply chain operations.
- How technology such as the Internet of Things, artificial intelligence, robotics and 3D printing are reshaping your supply chain.
- Insight into global megatrends and their impact on supply chains
- Supply Chain 4.0 - Opportunities and implications with an increasingly connected society
- Knowledge of how to map the Supply Chain - applying our time based strategy approach to add value to your organisation
- Optimisation of your agile supply chain methods to increase resilience
- Smarter supply chain capabilities to compete
- Ability to improve customer satisfaction and maximise profit potential: Inventory management, demand planning and customer profitability analysis
- Strategic approaches to sustainable supply chain management
Your organisation will gain:
- Improved supply chain performance to deliver value to your business.
- Better understanding of the elements vital for effective supply chain management.
- Immediate business impact through the creation of an action plan that leverages your supply chain for competitive advantage.
- Supply chain efficiency leading to improved financial performance.
- The capability to deliver an innovative supply chain culture.
- Improved ability to articulate the business vision to your external supply chain partners.
Running for the past 20 years, the Supply Chain Management Programme is a five-day residential event at Cranfield School of Management.
Recognised for his outstanding contribution to logistics and supply chain management, the Programme is led by Professor Richard Wilding OBE. Richard will be supported by an award winning faculty who provide internationally recognised supply chain research that guides you through the key elements of supply chain leadership including planning, sourcing, making, delivering and solving challenges that occur across supply chains.
The programme is delivered through talks and facilitated sessions from our experts. You will take part in supply chain simulations that give you the opportunity to practice and rehearse your responses and make decisions based on knowledge gained from the programme.
In short, you gain a holistic view of your supply chain. You will be able to strategically analyse your supply chain with greater confidence and ability to better deal with its complexities such as working simultaneously with both your customer and supplier to increase efficiency and performance.
As the number one business school for Supply Chain Management outside the USA for influence and innovation according to Gartner/SCM World 2016, at Cranfield we are confident that there is no other institution in the UK & Europe that knows more and does more to help boost the effectiveness of supply chains in the digital era.
Fundamentally, our Supply Chain Management Programme ensures you:
- Drive growth
- Increase business value
- Manage risk
- Boost collaboration across your supply chain
- Drive sustainability goals
- Successfully address demand uncertainty
- Boost customer centricity
The Supply Chain Management Programme journey.
- Creating smarter supply chain capabilities in order to compete.
- Optimising responsiveness and resilience through supply chain agility
- ‘Live’ business supply chain simulation
- The importance of innovation through a collaborative supply chain
- Improving customer satisfaction and maximise profit: Matching supply and demand
- The importance of strategic procurement and current challenges
- Industry 4.0 – The Digital Era – Leveraging transformative technology into your supply chain and manufacturing operations.
- The power and importance of customer profitability analysis
- Outsourcing your logistics within the supply chain management framework – effectively using 3rd and 4th party service providers for improved operational performance
- Performance measurement systems to boost the effectiveness of your supply chain
- DELIVER: Warehousing for the 21st Century
- Mapping the Supply Chain – Appling a time based strategy approach to add value to your organisation
- How to overcome the challenges of Supply Chain Implementation in practice
- Strategic approaches to sustainable supply chain management
- Global Sourcing and Supply Chain Management Simulation – Effectively building profitable networks
- Global Sourcing and Supply Chain Management Game De-Brief
- Global Megatrends and their impact on supply chains Key Issue Workshop
Who should attend
- Senior management with direct supply chain responsibility.
- Executives seeking supply chain integration.
- Sectors of special relevance include:
The Supply Chain Management Programme from Cranfield University School of Management has been endorsed by The Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport and has been awarded 30 hours' Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Concessions25% discount for Cranfield School of Management Alumni.
Accommodation options and prices
Tuition, course materials, full board accommodation and lifelong access to Alumni Membership benefits are included in the price of this course.
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University