Research Fellow in Flight Simulation at
Cranfield University with a PhD in Applied Integrative
Data Analysis (graduated with distinction). Currently working on a new Future Systems Simulator
with Rolls Royce under PINES project (Powerplant Integration of Novel Engine Systems).
Postgraduate of the Silesian University of Technology in Poland and Cranfield University, with a broad computer science background in both software and hardware aspects, proficient in computer graphics, design, flight simulation, human factors and software engineering. Skilled in a variety of applications and environments.
Flight simulation, software engineering, Human-Machine Interface
Involvement in Powerplant Integration of Novel Engine Systems (PINES) and Open Flight Deck (OFD) projects.
Individual research into human-machine interface systems in the Future Systems Simulator.
collaborated with colleagues from numerous groups and centres (such as
Centre for Autonomous and Cyberphysical Systems, Human Factors Group and
Safety and Accident Investigation Centre (SAIC)) and with our
industrial partners - Rolls-Royce and DCA Design International.
DCA Design International
Articles In Journals
- Li WC, Korek WT, Liang YH & Lin JJH (2023) Touchscreen controls for future flight deck design: investigating visual parameters on human-computer interactions between pilot flying and pilot monitoring, Journal of Aeronautics, Astronautics and Aviation, 55 (2) 201-211.
- Li WC, Wang Y & Korek WT (2022) To be or not to be? Assessment on using touchscreen as inceptor in flight operation, Transportation Research Procedia, 66 117-124.
- Zhang J, Korek WT & Li W-C (2023) Pilots' perceived workload and flight performance while interacting with touchscreen inceptor during instrument landings. In: IEEE/AIAA 42nd Digital Avionics Systems Conference (DASC) 2023, Barcelona, Spain, 1-5 October 2023.
- Wang Y, Yang L, Korek WT, Zhao Y & Li WC (2023) The evaluations of the impact of the pilot’s visual behaviours on the landing performance by using eye tracking technology. In: 25th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCII 2023), Copenhagen, 23-28 July 2023.
- Del Barrio L, Korek W, Millidere M, Harrison R & Whidborne J (2023) Analysis of visualization systems in flight simulators. In: 2023 AIAA Aviation and Aeronautics Forum and Exposition (AIAA AVIATION Forum), San Diego, 12-16 June 2023.
- Korek WT, Li W-C, Lu L & Lone M (2022) Investigating pilots’ operational behaviours while interacting with different types of inceptors. In: 24th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCII 2022), Virtual Event, 26 June - 1 July 2022.
- Li W, Liang Y, Korek WT & Lin JJH (2022) Assessments on human-computer interaction using touchscreen as control inputs in flight operations. In: HCI International 2022: 24th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, Virtual Event, 26 June - 1 July 2022.
- Korek WT, Mendez A, Asad HU, Li WC & Lone M (2020) Understanding human behaviour in flight operation using eye-tracking technology. In: 22nd International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCI International) 2020, Copenhagen, 19-24 July 2020.