Contact Wenliang Li
- Email: Wenliang.Li@cranfield.ac.uk
Areas of expertise
- Water Science and Engineering
BackgroundI graduated with an Msci Chemistry degree in June 2020 at Imperial College London, UK. My final year project was to 'Engineer the Luteinising Hormone Electrochemical Aptamer-based Sensor for Improved Performance' under the supervision of Prof. Tony Cass. I am now a PhD student here supervised by Dr. Zhugen Yang and Prof. Frederic Coulon.
My PhD project here aims to develop a low-cost, low-power, point-of-use paper-based device to rapidly monitor contamination (e.g. antimicrobial resistance) in the drinking water of Nigeria and other low- and middle- income countries. I am interested in biosensors and its application both environmentally and medicinally.
Articles In Journals
- Lopalco A, Manni A, Keeley A, Haider S, Li W, Lopedota A, Altomare CD, Denora N & Tuleu C (2022) In vivo investigation of (2-hydroxypropyl)-β-cyclodextrin-based formulation of spironolactone in aqueous solution for paediatric use, Pharmaceutics, 14 (4) Article No. 780.
- Li W, Coulon F, Singer A, Zhu YG & Yang Z (2021) Paper-based devices as a new tool for rapid and on-site monitoring of "superbugs", Environmental Science and Technology, 55 (18) 12133-12135.
- Kim SM et al (2020) Repurposing erectile dysfunction drugs tadalafil and vardenafil to increase bone mass, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 117 (25) 14386-14394.