Contact Umair Ahmed
Areas of expertise
- Instrumentation, Sensors and Measurement Science
- Vehicle Health Management
- Simulator Development
- Data Acquisition Systems
- Avionics Systems Integration
- Control Loading Systems
- Radar signal Processing
- Acoustics-based fault diagnostics
- Feature extraction
- Machine Learning
- Signal Processing
- Data Analytics
- Integration of vibro-acoustics sensors on B737-400 aircraft
- Analysis of far-field acoustic data and comparison against semi-empirical models
- Analysis of near-field acoustic data for condition monitoring
- Model development for fault diagnostics using acoustic signal
- Analysis of acoustic signatures from aircraft ignition system
Articles In Journals
- Ahmed U, Ali F & Jennions I (2023) Acoustic monitoring of an aircraft auxiliary power unit, ISA Transactions, Available online 13 January 2023.
- Ahmed U, Ali F & Jennions IK (2022) Evaluation of aircraft auxiliary power unit near-field acoustics for condition monitoring, IEEE Access, 10 108564-108582.
- Ahmed U, Ali F & Jennions I (2022) Signal processing of acoustic data for condition monitoring of an aircraft ignition system, Machines, 10 (9) Article No. 822.
- Ahmed U, Ali F & Jennions I (2021) Development of a far-field noise estimation model for an aircraft auxiliary power unit, IEEE Access, 9 127703-127719.
- Ahmed U, Ali F & Jennions I (2021) A review of aircraft auxiliary power unit faults, diagnostics and acoustic measurements, Progress in Aerospace Sciences, 124 (July) Article No. 100721.