Areas of expertise
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Electric and Hybrid Vehicles
- Gas Turbines & Propulsion
Miss Kissoon is a Research Fellow in Gas Turbine Propulsion within the Centre for Propulsion and Thermal Power Engineering in the School of Aerospace, Transport and Manufacturing at Cranfield University.
She completed her B.E. degree in Mechanical Engineering in 2017 at the University of Mauritius and went on to pursue an MSc in Thermal Power at Cranfield University where she was awarded the Course Director's Prize. Her MSc thesis was part of the Horizon 2020 project, 'ENABLEH2', funded by the European Commission.
Miss Kissoon is a member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers and the Royal Aeronautical Society. She is also a committee member of the Rolls-Royce Doctorate Network.
Miss Kissoon is affiliated with the Gas Turbine Engineering Group and the Rolls-Royce University Technology at Cranfield University. Her current research activity includes the modelling of very fast transient performance of gas turbines which includes reverse flow modelling and stall for high-speed compressors. She is also involved in the supervision of MSc projects.
Articles In Journals
- Mo D, Roumeliotis I, Mourouzidis C, Kissoon S & Liu Y (2022) Design optimization and variable geometries implementation of a high bypass three-shaft turbofan engine for EIS2050, Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, Available online 05 July 2022.
- Mo D, Roumeliotis I, Mourouzidis C, Kissoon S & Liu Y (2022) Assessment of performance boundaries and operability of low specific thrust GUHBPR engines for EIS2025, Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, Available online 25 April 2022 Article No. GTP-21-1595.
- Kissoon S, Mastropierro FS, Nalianda DK, Rolt, A & Sethi B (2020) Assessment of the BWB aircraft for military transport, Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology, 92 (5) 769-776.
- Rompokos P, Kissoon S, Roumeliotis I, Nalianda D, Nikolaidis T & Rolt A (2020) Liquefied natural gas for civil aviation, Energies, 13 (22) Article No. 5925.