Contact Roger Crook
- Email: email@example.com
Roger Crook has extensive experience of equipment support, acquisition and the supply chain in Defence. He served in the British Army in the Corps of Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers. His varied roles have included commanding equipment repair workshops, and formation headquarters staff, both in the UK and overseas. He has also worked in equipment acquisition in the UK Defence Equipment and Support organisation, both as an Integrated Logistic Support Manager and in the Headquarters’ Finance and Management Group. His other roles have been in training and education, including two years at the Canadian Forces School of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, commanding the School for Electronic and Aeronautical Engineering and as military Directing Staff at the Defence Academy of the UK, with responsibility for military technology and logistics courses.
Drawing on his experience of through life equipment support, from acquisition to disposal, Roger has been a lecturer with Cranfield since 2014, where he has a particular interest in through life support, contracting strategies and MoD internal and external relationships. He holds an honours degree in mechanical engineering (Royal Military College of Science 1980-83) and an MSc in Defence Technologies (Cranfield University 1993-94). He is also a Chartered Engineer, a Fellow of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, a Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute and a Member of the Higher Education Academy with a Post-Graduate Certificate in Academic Practice.
- Management and delivery of the Efficient and Effective Through Life Support Module in the UK DAM MSc.
- Capability and Acquisition Management Courses (UK students).
- Supervising student MSc theses.
- International Capability and Acquisition Management. Developed by Cranfield for tailored overseas delivery. Clients include Kenya, Ghana and Qatar. A modified version has also been delivered with the UK MoD as part of the MDWSC package in Kuwait, Jordan, Moldova, Croatia, Bosnia and Palestine.
- UK Defence Equipment & Support
- UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office, Partnership for Peace Programme
- Warwick University, Efficient and Effective Through Life Support MSc Module for Malaysian Armed Forces
- UK Defence College of Logistics
- Crook R & Summers MP (2018) Defence logistics information systems. In: Defence Logistics: enabling and sustaining successful military operations, London: Kogan Page, p. 345-356.