Areas of expertise
Aviation Management & Operations
Defence Training Analysis
Human Factors for Defence
Rebecca 's completed research projects include: Military Annual Training Test mobile learning training evaluation, Evaluation of After Action Review policy and practice for the British Army, airworthiness certification for on-board mobile phone technology, cabin air quality functionality test programme, cabin crew fitness assessment design, aircraft cabin design and operations evaluation, improving passenger services project, training research for General Aviation pilots and aircraft cabin safety research.
Rebecca is currently working on the Cranfield University (School of Engineering) Defence Human Capability Science and Technology Centre contract. Duties include writing research proposals in response to Statements of Requirements, working with stakeholders to define requirements, project management, design and implementation of research trials, data analysis and reporting. Recent research includes:
- FR20 Partnering for Talent.
- The future medical reservist: What do NHS employers want?
- Generating and Retaining Talent.
- Support to the Future Reserves 2020 programme.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of Phase 0 training.
- Understanding Training Delivery.
- Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB)
- British Airways
- British Army
- Defence Medical Services
- European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)
- European Commission 7th Framework Programme
- Royal Navy
- Transport Canada
- UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
- UK Department for Transport (DfT)
- UK Ministry of Defence (MOD)
- UK Rail Safety and Standard Board
- US Federal Railroad Administration
- McKeown, R.,Huddlestone & J (2012) How Do You Like Your Learning? E, M or C?. In: Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation, and Education Conference (I/ITSEC), Orlando, Florida, 3 December 2012.
- McKeown, R., Huddlestone & J. After Action Review Best Practice: An International Review.. In: After Action Review Best Practice: An International Review. , Orlando, Florida, 1 December 2011.