Contact Natalia Jawiarczyk
Areas of expertise
- Water Science and Engineering
Natalia obtained MSc in the field of Biotechnology, majoring in Environmental Biotechnology at the Wroclaw University of Technology (Poland). She has also graduated from Master in Industrial and Agrifood Biotechnology at Almeria University (Spain) majoring in Industrial Biotechnology and Bioprocessing with focus on Marine Biotechnology.
Natalia’s previous research experience includes working on projects concerning:
- Protein production from insects grown on waste as Research Assistant in Biowaste processing at Canfield University (January-October 2017);
- Microalgal biofuels production as Research Assistant at University of Almeria, Spain (February 2012-April 2013);
- Biochemical analysis of bacterial lipid markers as Researcher at Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland (February 2009-September 2010).
Natalia joined Cranfield Water in October 2017. The aim of Natalia’s EngD project as a part of the Industrial Doctorate Centre for the Water Sector (STREAM) is to establish how fat, oil and grease (FOG) deposits form in the sewer network and how they can be effectively rehabilitated and inhibited using bio-additives. She is focusing on understanding the factors contributing to deposition to enable more accurate targeting of bio- additive strategies. Natalia’s work is funded by Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) and Severn Trent Water.
Natalia is an active STEM Ambassador and a member of Canfield Doctoral Community (CDC) for Water, Energy, Design and Agrifood committee. The role of CDC is to bring researchers together and to build strong Research Culture.
Severn Trent Water
Articles In Journals
- Abdel-Aal M, Villa R, Jawiarczyk N, Alibardi L, Jensen H, Schellart A, Jefferson B, Shepley P & Tait S (2020) Potential influence of sewer heat recovery on in-sewer processes, Water Science and Technology, 80 (12) 2344-2351.
- Paściak M, Gorska S, Jawiarczyk N & Gamian A (2017) Lactobacillus johnsonii glycolipids, their structure and immunoreactivity with sera from inflammatory bowel disease patients, Microbial Biotechnology, 10 (2) 456-468.
- García Cuadra F, Jawiarczyk N, González López CV, Fernández Sevilla JM & Acién Fernandez FG (2017) Bioalgae biomass recovery: Use of proteins, carbohydrates and lipids, Latin American Magazine of Environmental and Algal Biotechnology / Revista Latinoamericana de Biotecnologia Ambiental y Algal, 3 (2).