Contact Muntazir Abbas
Areas of expertise
- Energy Asset Management
- Safety, Resilience, Risk & Reliability
- Structures and Materials
Muntazir Abbas completed his Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in 2008. He completed his MS in Manufacturing Engineering and Management from National University of Science and Technology (NUST), Islamabad Pakistan in 2015. Muntazir has also done specialisation in marine engineering from NUST. He has served marine industry as engineering officer on ships, asset maintenance planner and production manager. Muntazir is presently doing his PhD from Cranfield University. His main research focus is risk and reliability based asset maintenance for marine structures subjected to marine corrosion, micro-biological induced corrosion (MIC). The deterministic/probabilistic prediction modelling for corrosion, structural health monitoring (SHM), condition monitoring and Inspection/maintenance for offshore platforms are also the topics of his research interest.
Articles In Journals
- Abbas M & Shafiee M (2020) An overview of maintenance management strategies for corroded steel structures in extreme marine environments, Marine Structures, 71 (May) Article No. 102718.
- Abbas M & Shafiee M (2018) Structural health monitoring (SHM) and determination of surface defects in large metallic structures using ultrasonic guided waves, Sensors, 18 (11) Article No. 3958.
- Abbas M, Simms N, Syed A, Malik OA & Sumner J (2019) Evaluation of the effects of highly saline and warm seawaters on corrosivity of marine assets. In: EUROCORR 2019, Seville, 9-13 September 2019.
- Abbas M, Shafiee M & Simms N (2019) Corrosion behaviour of cupronickel 90/10 alloys in Arabian sea conditions and its effect on maintenance of marine structures. In: 38th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (OMAE 2019), Glasgow, 9-14 June 2019.