Areas of expertise
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Mechatronics & Advanced Controls
- Through-life Engineering Services
- Unmanned Ground Vehicle
- Manipulator control
- Computer Vision
Currently, Miftahur is working in a Railway Inspection and Repair System project towards his PhD. The aim of this project to simulate and test an autonomous mobile manipulator system for railway inspection and repair work. This project is a part of IN2SMART2 and IN2TRACK2.
Articles In Journals
- Liu H, Rahman M, Rahimi M, Starr A, Durazo-Cardenas I, Ruiz-Carcel C, Ompusunggu A, Hall A & Anderson R (2023) An autonomous rail-road amphibious robotic system for railway maintenance using sensor fusion and mobile manipulator, Computers and Electrical Engineering, 110 (September) Article No. 108874.
- Rahman M, Liu H, Durazo Cardenas I, Starr A, Hall A & Anderson R (2023) A review on the prospects of mobile manipulators for smart maintenance of railway track, Applied Mechanics, 13 (11) Article No. 6484.
- Rahman M, Liu H, Masri M, Durazo-Cardenas I & Starr A (2023) A railway track reconstruction method using robotic vision on a mobile manipulator: a proposed strategy, Computers in Industry, 148 (June) Article No. 103900. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.22015574
- Rahman M, Rahimi M, Starr A, Durazo Cardenas I, Hall A & Anderson R (2023) Challenges for a railway inspection and repair system from railway infrastructure. In: 10th International Conference on Control, Mechatronics and Automation (ICCMA 2022), Luxembourg, 11-14 November 2022.
- He F, Durazo-Cardenas, Liu H, Rahman M, Rahimi M, Starr A & Poulter M (2022) A practical demonstration of autonomous ultrasonic testing for rail flaws inspection. In: 11th International Conference on Through-life Engineering Services - TESConf2022, Cranfield, 8-9 November 2022.
- Rahman M, Liu H, Rahimi M, Ruiz Carcel C, Kirkwood L, Durazo Cardenas I & Starr A (2021) Investigating precision and accuracy of a robotic inspection and repair system. In: TESConf 2021: 10th International Conference on Through-life Engineering Services, Virtual Event: Host: University of Twente, 16-17 November 2021.
- Rahimi M, Liu H, Rahman M, Ruiz Carcel C, Durazo Cardenas I, Starr A, Hall A & Anderson R (2021) Localisation and navigation framework for autonomous railway robotic inspection and repair system. In: TESConf 2021: 10th International Conference on Through-life Engineering Services, Virtual Event: Host: University of Twente, 16-17 November 2021.
- Hasan M & Rahman M (2021) Development of a low cost system for lifting related injury analysis. In: 13th International Conference on Computer and Automation Engineering (ICCAE), Melbourne, 20-22 March 2021.
- Rahman M, Liu H, Durazo Cardenas I, Starr A, Hall A & Anderson R (2021) Towards an autonomous RIRS: design, structure investigation and framework. In: 7th International Conference on Mechatronics and Robotics Engineering, 2021 (ICMRE), Budapest, Hungary, 3-5 February 2021.