Contact Melissa Hadgkiss
April 2018 - Present: Digital Forensics Support Officer, Lab Manager in the Digital Forensics Unit, Centre for Electronic Warfare, Information, and Cyber.
2016 - March 2018: Electrical and Computing Apprentice, Lab Manager in the Digital Forensics Unit, Centre for Electronic Warfare, Information, and Cyber.
2017 - Finalist in the Cotswold Apprentice of the Year Awards
2014 - 2016: Work Experience and Protege in Digital Forensics at the Digital Forensics Unit, Centre for Electronic Warfare, Information, and Cyber, Cranfield University. Role included shadowing lecturers, assisting with labs, and research
2014 - 2016: Melissa was a police cadet with Wiltshire Police for 3 years. In 2015 Melissa won the Wiltshire Police High Sheriff Cadet Of The Year award.
2016 - Short Course: Forensic Computing Foundations, Cranfield University. The combined exam mark achieved was the highest in the class.
2017 - 2018 (in progress): BTEC in Engineering
2016 - 2017: BTEC in Computing, NVQ in Computing
2014 - 2016: BTEC Forensic Science
- Mobile device and application forensics
- Chip Off
- MacOS forensics
- Finding and adapting code (Programming for Digital Forensics)
- Imaging and acquisition (Digital Crime and Investigation)
- Open Source Intelligence (Advanced Forensic Computing)
- Social Media Forensics (Internet Forensics)
- Router Forensics (Network Forensics)
- 5 Bespoke Digital Forensic Laboratories
- Crime Scene room
- Data Recovery
- Digital Forensic Examinations
- Chip Off Acquisition
- Assisting with project supervision
- Building Digital forensic disk images
- Creation of exam and teaching data
A range of clients for data recovery
Articles In Journals
- Buckley O, Hodges D, Hadgkiss M & Morris S (2017) Keystroke Inference using Smartphone Kinematics. In: 5th International Conference on Human Aspects of Information Security, Privacy and Trust (HCI International 2017), Vancouver, 9-14 July 2017.
- Hadgkiss M & Morris S (2016) Forensic Artefacts Found Whilst Using Pokemon Go On A iOS Device. In: 5th International Conference on Cybercrime, Security and Digital Forensics (Cyberforensics 2016), Shrivenham, 14 September 2016.