April 2020 – Current: Teaching Assistant in Digital Investigation, Lab Manager in the Digital Investigation Unit, Centre for Electronic Warfare, Information, and Cyber.
2018-2020: Digital Forensics Support Officer, Lab Manager in the Digital Forensics Unit, Centre for Electronic Warfare, Information, and Cyber.
2016 - 2018: Electrical and Computing Apprentice, Lab Manager in the Digital Forensics Unit, Centre for Electronic Warfare, Information, and Cyber.
2014 - 2016: Work Experience and Protege in Digital Forensics at the Digital Forensics Unit, Centre for Electronic Warfare, Information, and Cyber, Cranfield University.
Melissa has regularly been shortlisted in the Cranfield student led teaching awards in the unsung hero category.
Melissa was a Cotswold Life EMI Awards 2017: Apprentice of the Year finalist.
In 2015 Melissa won the Wiltshire Police High Sheriff Cadet Of The Year award.
2018 - Current: PGDip In Forensic Investigation, Including Forensic Computing Foundations
2017 - 2018: BTEC Level 3 in Engineering
2016 - 2017: BTEC Level 3 in Computing, NVQ in Computing
2014 - 2016: BTEC Level 3 Forensic Science
Melissa is a Teaching Assistant in the Digital Investigation Unit (DIU), part of Centre for Electronic Warfare, Information, and Cyber. As part of her role, she also manages the DIU's bespoke laboratories. Melissa actively takes part in teaching, scholarship and assists with casework.
Her current interests include:
· Mobile device and application investigations
· Chip Off Acquisition
· MacOS investigations
A range of clients for data recovery and investigation casework.
Articles In Journals
- Hadgkiss M, Morris S, Paget S, Ventress A & Norris K (2022) Cheap as chips: an accessible chip off acquisition method for ball grid array (BGA) integrated circuits in digital investigations, Forensic Science International: Digital Investigation, 42-43 (October–December) Article No. 301481.
- Hadgkiss M, Morris S & Paget S (2019) Sifting through the ashes: Amazon Fire TV stick acquisition and analysis, Digital Investigation, 28 (March) 112-118.
- Buckley O, Hodges D, Hadgkiss M & Morris S (2017) Keystroke Inference using Smartphone Kinematics. In: 5th International Conference on Human Aspects of Information Security, Privacy and Trust (HCI International 2017), Vancouver, 9-14 July 2017.
- Hadgkiss M & Morris S (2016) Forensic Artefacts Found Whilst Using Pokemon Go On A iOS Device. In: 5th International Conference on Cybercrime, Security and Digital Forensics (Cyberforensics 2016), Shrivenham, 14-15 September 2016.