Contact Mark Lewis
- Tel: +44 (0) 1793 314133
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of expertise
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Defence Systems Engineering
- Operational Analysis and Simulation
- Systems Engineering
BackgroundFrom 2000, and before joining Cranfield University in 2011, Mark was a Royal Navy Air Engineer with roles including
- Lightening II modelling and simulation and security lead
- UN Liasion Offficer, Basrah, Iraq Staff Officer
- Royal Navy Air Engineering and Survival School
- Deputy Air Engineer Officer 829 Sqn.
- UK MOD Chief Scientific Advisors' Commendation, 2013
- Chartered Engineer, Royal Aeronautical Society, 2010
- UK MOD Chief of Defence Material Commendation, 2009
- MSc Defence Simulation Modelling, Cranfield University, 2008
- MEng (Hons) Systems Engineering, Loughborough University, 2000.
Mark's current research activities include:
- knowledge capture and reuse for computer generated forces
- evaluation of narrative in training simulations
both in conjunction with the MOD Centre for Defence Enterprise.
His other areas of interest include:
- use of commerical-off-the-shelf technology including games technology
- military flight training simulators
- accreditation of simulation systems
- computer generated forces
- 3D modelling
- logistics modelling.
- UK MOD
- Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (dstl)
- JCSys Consultancy Services