Contact Mariusz Wisniewski
- Email: M.Wisniewski@cranfield.ac.uk
- Twitter: @mazqtpopx
- Google Scholar
Mariusz Wisniewski received an MEng in Aeronautical Engineering from Loughborough University, with a thesis on the development of particle image velocimetry software. He has industry experience developing aerodynamic systems for Formula 1 wind tunnels, and integrating aircraft avionic systems for full flight simulators, primarily for the Airbus A350.
Mariusz is now a PhD student looking at developing a vision based solution for detecting drones at DARTeC. Methods of focus include stereo vision, machine vision, deep learning, and reinforcement learning.
Articles In Journals
- Wisniewski M, Rana ZA & Petrunin I (2022) Drone model classification using convolutional neural network trained on synthetic data, Journal of Imaging, 8 (8) Article No. 218. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.19423925
- Kuang B, Wisniewski M, Rana ZA & Zhao Y (2021) Rock segmentation in the navigation vision of the planetary rovers, Mathematics, 9 (23) Article No. 3048. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.16958728
- Wisniewski M, Rana ZA & Petrunin I (2023) Reinforcement learning for pan-tilt-zoom camera control, with focus on drone tracking. In: AIAA SciTech Forum 2023, National Harbor, 23-27 January 2023.
- Wisniewski M, Rana ZA & Petrunin I (2021) Drone model identification by convolutional neural network from video stream. In: 2021 AIAA/IEEE 40th Digital Avionics Systems Conference (DASC), San Antonio, 3-7 October 2021.