Areas of expertise
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Human Factors
Lichao Yang has a background in automotive engineering. He received his BEng in automotive engineering from Coventry University and MSc in automotive mechatronics from Cranfield University.
Lichao is pursuing a PhD, which aims to use artificial intelligence-based methods to characterize the driver's non-driving behaviour on the high-level automated driving vehicle. As a research assistant in Human behaviour analysis, he also provides support to the AI solution development on construction site monitoring. His research interests are Computer vision, Image processing, Deep learning, machine learning, Human behaviour analysis.
Articles In Journals
- Wang S, Mei J, Yang L & Zhao Y (2021) Infer thermal information from visual information: a cross imaging modality edge learning (CIMEL) framework, Sensors, 21, Article No. 7471.
- Yang L, Shan X, Lv C, Brighton J & Zhao Y (2021) Learning spatio-temporal representations with a dual-stream 3D residual network for non-driving activity recognition, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Available online 28 July 2021.
- Wang Z, Wu Y, Yang L, Thirunavukarasu A, Evison C & Zhao Y (2021) Fast personal protective equipment detection for real construction sites using deep learning approaches, Sensors, 21 (10) Article No. 3478.
- Shan X, Huo S, Yang L, Cao J, Zou J, Chen L, Sarrigiannis PG & Zhao Y (2021) A revised Hilbert-Huang transformation to track non-stationary association of electroencephalography signals, IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, 29 841-851.
- Yang L, Dong K, Ding Y, Brighton J, Zhan Z & Zhao Y (2021) Recognition of visual-related non-driving activities using a dual-camera monitoring system, Pattern Recognition, Available online 25 March 2021, Article No. 107955.
- Yang L, Yang T, Liu H, Shan X, Brighton J, Skrypchuk L, Mouzakitis A & Zhao Y (2020) A refined non-driving activity classification using a two-stream convolutional neural network, IEEE Sensors Journal, 21 (14) 15574-15583.
- Yang L, Dong K, Dmitruk AJ, Brighton J & Zhao Y (2019) A dual-cameras-based driver gaze mapping system with an application on non-driving activities monitoring, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 21 (10) 4318-4327.