Contact Jonathan Ricketts
Areas of expertise
- Air Transport Safety & Investigation
Jon has worked in industry for 13 years in various airworthiness and safety engineering roles. Initially as a Manufacturing Engineer overseeing elements of design and production while assuring the airworthiness characteristics of the products. Following this role, he worked as an Airworthiness Surveyor specialising in military aviation, providing safety assurance on design projects being undertaken across industry for the MoD.
Jon currently provides airworthiness and safety engineering consultancy, including:
- Application of safety analysis techniques such as Bow Ties, HAZOP, FMEA, GSN, etc.
- Undertaking design and production assurance.
- Independent safety audits.
- Creation and appraisal of safety assessment reports and associated evidence.
He holds a BEng Engineering and MSc Military Aerospace & Airworthiness, Jon chose the topic of 'Application of Machine Learning within Air Safety' for his PhD research.
Undertaking PhD research into safety culture and the application of machine learning to improve system design and air safety.