Contact Janos Rozsa
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 754551
- Email: Janos.P.Rozsa@cranfield.ac.uk
- Blog: https://saiblog.cranfield.ac.uk/blog
Areas of expertise
- Air Transport Safety & Investigation
- Railway Accident Investigation Engineering Széchenyi István University (2016)
- Cultural Manager University of Pecs (2008)
Having completed degree in 2008, Janos joined
Hungarian National Investigating Body (KBSZ) as a railway accident investigator.
He has investigated several accidents and incidents, including railways, urban
railways (subway, tram) and special railways (chairlift, cogwheel railway). He
has experience in the investigating derailments, collisions and SPADs, with
specific knowledge in site management, accident analysis, signal box
evaluation, traffic management, and human factors. During this period, Janos was a member of the Human Factors Network of the European Agency for Railways (ERA).
In 2017, Janos departed KBSZ to work as the deputy head of the Railway Safety Office for Budapest Transport which operates the public transport system in Budapest. Janos was responsible for leading safety investigations, making safety recommendations, and develop and manage a capable investigation team within Budapest Transport.
In February 2020, Janos joined Cranfield University as a Lecturer in Safety and Accident Investigation.
- Fundamentals of Accident Investigation
- Applied Rail Accident Investigation