Contact Iñigo Fernández del amo blanco
Areas of expertise
Iñigo graduated in 2016 from a double-degree in Industrial Engineer and Manufacturing Consultancy between the Polytechnic University of Madrid (UPM) and Cranfield University. He won the Cranfield Vice-Chancellor’s Prize 2017 for the most outstanding MSc student.
Iñigo Fernández del Amo started as a PhD student in Cranfield University in November 2016 with a scholarship from Babcock International. He focuses his research in the use of Augmented Reality (AR) and Semantic Web (SW) for knowledge capture in maintenance diagnosis. Iñigo's primary interest is to study innovative software methods to capture maintenance experts knowledge and reduce cost of AR's industrial implementation.
Besides his PhD research, Iñigo has co-supervised various MSc thesis and group projects that involve the implementation of AR and Digital Twins in the industrial workplace using SW technologies. His overall aim is to enable the transformation of operative roles into a source of valuable information for through-life engineering services using innovative visualisation and data-structuring technologies.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group
Articles In Journals
- Fernández del Amo I, Erkoyuncu J, Roy R, Palmarini R & Onoufriou D (2018) A systematic review of Augmented Reality content-related techniques for knowledge transfer in maintenance applications, Computers in Industry, 103 (December) 47-71.
- Fernández del Amo I, Erkoyuncu JA, Roy R & Wilding S (2018) Augmented reality in maintenance: an information-centred design framework, Procedia Manufacturing, 19 148-155.
- Palmarini R, Fernández del Amo I, Bertolino G, Dini G, Erkoyuncu JA, Roy R & Farnsworth M (2018) Designing an AR interface to improve trust in Human-Robots collaboration, Procedia CIRP, 70 350-355.
- Fernández del Amo I, Galeotti E, Palmarini R, Dini G, Erkoyuncu J & Roy R (2018) An innovative user-centred support tool for Augmented Reality maintenance systems design: a preliminary study, Procedia CIRP, 70 362-367.
- Erkoyuncu J, Fernández del Amo I, Dalle Mura M, Roy R & Dini G (2017) Improving efficiency of industrial maintenance with context aware adaptive authoring in augmented reality, CIRP Annals - Manufacturing Technology, 66 (1) 465-468.