Contact Ian Truckell
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 750111 x2741
- Email: email@example.com
Areas of expertise
- Carbon, Climate and Risk
- Digital Agriculture
- Energy and the Environment
- Monitoring and Environmental Informatics
- Natural Capital
- Soil Resources
- Sustainable Land Systems
Ian graduated with a degree in Physical Geography and a MSc in Geographical Information Management from Cranfield University.
Ian has worked on the Digital mapping of two tea estates in Malawi followed by roles as a GIS and Cartographic Officer and currently Spatial Systems Analyst at Cranfield University. During this period at Cranfield Ian has developed significant skills in Geographic Information Systems, Data visualisation, Remote Sensing and digital cartography.
Ian has technical input into a range of research and consultancy roles including:
- Research into geohazard vulnerability assessment for the Insurance Industry and the production of the Natural Perils Directory (NPD)
- Managing Agri-Epi facilities and equipment along with the running of the Phenotyping gantry system.
- Running the 3D Virtual Reality lab including representing NERC as part of the UKRI exhibition stand at the 2020 American Association for the Advancement of Science conference in Seattle.
- Spatial data analysis for to develop understanding into the effect wetlands have on the reduction in local flood risk (WelandLIFE)
- Development of soil management plans to reduce soil erosion for vegetable growers.
- Insurance industry
- Agri-EPI Centre
- Crop Health and Protection (CHAP)
- Welsh Government
- Innovate UK
- Cobrey Farms
- World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
- Environment Agency (EA)
- OASIS Hub
Articles In Journals
- Balta-Ozkan N, Yildirim J, Connor PM, Truckell I & Hart P (2021) Energy transition at local level: analyzing the role of peer effects and socio-economic factors on UK solar photovoltaic deployment, Energy Policy, 148 (January) Article No. 112004. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.13160030
- Zawadzka J, Corstanje R, Harris J & Truckell I (2019) Downscaling Landsat-8 land surface temperature maps in diverse urban landscapes using multivariate adaptive regression splines and very high resolution auxiliary data, International Journal of Digital Earth, 13 (8) 899-914.
- Truckell IG, Shah SH, Baillie IC, Hallett SH & Sakrabani R (2019) Soil and transport factors in potential distribution systems for biofertilisers derived from palm oil mill residues in Malaysia, Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 166 (November) Article No. 105005.
- Evans R, Collins AL, Foster IDL, Rickson RJ, Anthony SG, Brewer T, Deeks L, Newell-Price JP, Truckell IG & Zhang Y (2016) Extent, frequency and rate of water erosion of arable land in Britain – benefits and challenges for modelling, Soil Use and Management, 32 (Supplement S1) 149-161.
- Kibblewhite MG, Bellamy PH, Brewer TR, Graves AR, Dawson CA, Rickson RJ, Truckell I & Stuart J (2014) An exploration of spatial risk assessment for soil protection: Estimating risk and establishing priority areas for soil protection, Science of the Total Environment, 473-474 (March) 692-701.
- Centofanti T, Hollis JM, Blenkinsop S, Fowler HJ, Truckell IG, Dubus IG & Reichenberger S (2008) Development of agro-environmental scenarios to support pesticide risk assessment in Europe, Science of the Total Environment, 407 (1) 574-588.
- Blenkinsop S, Hallett SH, Truckell IG, Fowler & HJ (2010) The CREW project: Towards a toolkit for the use of probabilistic climate change projections.. In: BHS Third International Symposium: Role of Hydrology in Managing Consequences of a Changing Global Environment, Newcastle University, UK, 19 July 2010.