Contact Garyfalia Zoumpouli
Areas of expertise
- Water Science and Engineering
Garyfalia graduated with a Diploma (MEng) in Chemical Engineering from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece. In 2016 she joined the Centre for Doctoral Training in Sustainable Chemical Technologies at the University of Bath, UK, where she conducted her PhD research on water and wastewater treatment using ozonation. In 2021 she joined Cranfield University as a Research Assistant.
Garyfalia is working on Phase 3 of the Chemicals Investigation Programme (CIP3), focusing on the removal mechanisms of trace substances in wastewater treatment comprising chemical, physical and biological processes.
Articles In Journals
- Zoumpouli GA, Siqueira Souza F, Petrie B, Féris LA, Kasprzyk-Hordern B & Wenk J (2020) Simultaneous ozonation of 90 organic micropollutants including illicit drugs and their metabolites in different water matrices, Environmental Science: Water Research and Technology, 6 (9) 2465-2478.
- Zoumpouli G, Scheurer M, Brauch H, Kasprzyk-Hordern B, Wenk J & Happel O (2019) COMBI, continuous ozonation merged with biofiltration to study oxidative and microbial transformation of trace organic contaminants, Environmental Science: Water Research and Technology, 5 (3) 552-563.
- Zoumpouli G, Baker R, Taylor C, Chippendale M, Smithers C, Ho S, Mattia D, Chew Y & Wenk J (2018) A single tube contactor for testing membrane ozonation, Water (Switzerland), 10 (10) Article No. 1416.
- Zoumpouli G & Yiantsios S (2016) Hydrodynamic effects on phase separation morphologies in evaporating thin films of polymer solutions, Physics of Fluids, 28 (8) Article No. 082108.