Areas of expertise
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Gas Turbines & Propulsion
Fran graduated from Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (Spain) with a Bachelor´s dregree in Aerospace Engineering in 2017. Subsequently, Fran studied a 2-years Master´s dregree in Aeronautics. While the first year was coursed in Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (Spain) the second year was studied in Linkoping University (Sweden) as part of an Erasumus+ grant.
Fran is a PhD candidate within the Centre for Propulsion and Thermal Power Engineering at Cranfield University. Fran is directly working with the Aero-Engine Installations Team in the Cranfield Gas Turbine Technology Group. His main research is based on aerodynamic nacelle optimisation for the next generation of ultra-high bypass ratio aero-engines by considering the coupled aero-engine/airframe system. Different computational fluid dynamic approaches are employed. The key noveltiy is on the development of a multi-fidelity computational method to speed up the optimisation process while maintaining high accuracy levels.
Clean Sky 2
Articles In Journals
- Tejero F, MacManus DG, Hueso-Rebassa J, Sanchez-Moreno F, Goulos I & Sheaf C (2022) Aerodynamic optimisation of civil aero-engine nacelles by dimensionality reduction and multi-fidelity techniques, International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat and Fluid Flow, Available online 30 September 2022.
- Schreiner BDJ, MacManus DG, Tejero F, Sanchez-Moreno F & Sheaf C (2022) Transonic nacelle design for future medium range aero-engines. In: ICAS 2022: 33rd Congress of the International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences, Stockholm, 4-9 September 2022.
- Sanchez-Moreno F, MacManus D, Hueso-Rebassa J, Tejero F & Sheaf C (2022) Optimization of installed compact and robust nacelles using surrogate models. In: ICAS 2022: 33rd Congress of the International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences, Stockholm, 4-9 September 2022.
- Sanchez-Moreno F, MacManus D, Tejero F, Matesanz-Garcia J & Sheaf C (2022) Robustness of optimisation algorithms for transonic aerodynamic design. In: 9th European Conference for Aeronautics and Space Sciences (EUCASS-3AF 2022), Lille, 27 June - 1 July 2022.
- Tejero F, MacManus D, Hueso-Rebassa J, Sanchez-Moreno F, Goulos I & Sheaf C (2022) Aerodynamic optimisation of civil aero-engine nacelles by dimensionality reduction and multi-fidelity techniques. In: AERO2022: 56th 3AF International Conference, Toulouse, 28-30 March 2022.