Contact Evangelos Rigas
Areas of expertise
- Instrumentation, Sensors and Measurement Science
- Welding and Laser Processing
Evangelos Rigas is a Research Fellow at the Centre for Engineering Photonics at Cranfield University. He is an electronic engineer (B.Sc) and has a PhD in Optical Instrumentation. His PhD was focused on Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) for 2D and 3D velocity measurements in microfluidic flows and specifically in a dual beam swept source OCT for microfluidic velocity measurements.
Evangelos does research in Optical, Electronic, and Software Engineering. His current projects are 'Multiplexed Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) for Microfluidic Particle Flow Tracking' and 'Layer height measurement for Wire-Arc Additive Manufacturing WAAM using Range Resolved Interferometry (RRI)'.
Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
Cranfield Welding and Laser Processing Centre
Articles In Journals
- Hallam JM, Rigas E, Charrett TO & Tatam RP (2020) 2D spatially-resolved depth-section microfluidic flow velocimetry using dual beam OCT, Micromachines, 11 (4) Article No. 351. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.11522517
- Rigas E, Hallam JM, Charrett TOH, Ford HD & Tatam RP (2019) Metre-per-second microfluidic flow velocimetry with dual beam optical coherence tomography, Optics Express, 27 (17) 23849-23863. Dataset/s: https://doi.org/10.17862/cranfield.rd.7628933.v1
- Rigas E, Hallam J, Ford H, Charrett T & Tatam R (2018) Dual-channel OCT for velocity measurement in microfluidic channels. In: 26th International Conference on Optical Fiber Sensors, 2018, Lausanne, 24-28 September 2018.
- Hallam J, Rigas E, Ford H, Charrett T & Tatam R (2018) Dual sensing-light-sheet OCT for microfluidic PTV. In: SPIE Optical Engineering + Applications: Interferometry XIX, 2018, San Diego, CA, 19-23 August 2018.
- Rigas E, Correia R, Stathopoulos NA, Savaidis SP, James SW, Bhattacharyya D, Kirby PB & Tatam RP (2014) Evaluation of the optical switching characteristics of erbium-doped fibres for the development of a fibre Bragg grating sensor interrogator. In: 23rd international conference on optical fibre sensors (OFS-23), 2014, Santander, 2-6 June 2014.