Emily completed her BSc in Applied Forensic Sciences with a concentration in Criminalistics and Forensic Biology from Mercyhurst University. While at Mercyhurst, she also completed a minor in Physics, as well as a minor in Music. She moved on to complete her MSc in Forensic Engineering and Science at Cranfield University, with a four month research period and thesis on the production and testing of a 3D printed analogue for spinal motion segments, based on a porcine sample. She has returned to Cranfield to pursue a PhD in the Macro-structure and Physicochemical Characteristics of Bone Disease.
Emily is carrying out her PhD research within the Cranfield Forensic Institute, within Cranfield Defence and Security. Her PhD research focuses on how bone disease affects both macro-structure and nano-structure of bone, for both medical and forensic applications.
Articles In Journals
- Bonicelli A, Zioupos P, Arnold E, Rogers K, Xhemali B & Kranioti EF (2021) Age related changes of rib cortical bone matrix and the application to forensic age-at-death estimation, Scientific Reports, 11 (1) Article No. 2086. Dataset/s: 10.1038/s41598-021-81342-0/MediaObjects/41598_2021_81342_MOESM1_ESM.docx
- Arnold E, Keeble D, Greenwood C & Rogers K (2020) New insights into the application of pair distribution function studies to biogenic and synthetic hydroxyapatites, Scientific Reports, 10 (1) Article No. 19597. Dataset/s: https://static-content.springer.com/esm/art:10.1038/s41598-020-73200-2/MediaObjects/41598_2020_73200_MOESM1_ESM.pdf
- Arnold EL, Clement J, Rogers KD, Garcia-Castro F & Greenwood C (2020) The use of μCT and fractal dimension for fracture prediction in osteoporotic individuals, Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 103 (March) Article No. 103585.
- Franceskides C, Arnold E, Horsfall I, Tozzi G, Gibson MC & Zioupos P. (2020) Spinal motion segments — I: concept for a subject-specific analogue model, Journal of Bionic Engineering, Available online 24 June 2020 (4).
- Franceskides C, Arnold E, Horsfall I, Tozzi G, Gibson MC & Zioupos P (2020) Spinal motion segments — II: tuning and optimisation for biofidelic performance, Journal of Bionic Engineering, Available online 24 June 2020 (4).
- Franceskides C, Arnold E, Horsfall I, Tozzi G & Zioupos P (2017) A subject-specific analogue model for spinal motion segments. In: 23rd Congress of the European Society of Biomechanics, Seville, 2-5 July 2017.
- Franceskides C, Arnold E, Horsfall I, Clasper J, Tozzi G & Zioupos P (2017) 3D printing, the future of cost effective biomechanical testing. In: SAFE Europe Symposium 2017, Amsterdam, 3-6 April 2017.