Contact Dr Zhugen Yang
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 758310
- Email: Zhugen.Yang@cranfield.ac.uk
- Twitter: @zhugen
- Blog: https://www.zhugenyang.com/
- Google Scholar
Areas of expertise
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biosensors & Diagnostics
- Environment and Health
- Food Safety
- Instrumentation, Sensors and Measurement Science
- Monitoring and Environmental Informatics
- Water Science and Engineering
Dr Zhugen Yang joined Cranfield University as a Lecturer (2019-22) and Senior Lecturer (2022-) leading a UKCRIC-funded Advanced Sensors Laboratory for water-environment-health-nexus, after being a Lecturer at the University of Glasgow. He has received three prestigious Fellowships/awards for different career stages, including EU Marie Curie Fellow (2013-15), UKRI NERC Personal Fellowship (2018-2021), and Leverhulme Research Leadership Awards (2023-2028). He completed his postdoc at the Universities of Cambridge and Glasgow, and was an EU Marie Curie Fellow at the University of Bath, after receiving his PhD at the University of Lyon (Ecole Centrale) in France, MSc (SYSU), and BEng (HIT) in China.
His research has been sponsored by a variety of sources (>£5m, PI on £4m) including UKRI (EPSRC, NERC, BBSRC, MRC), The Leverhulme Trust, The Royal Society, The Royal Academy of Engineering, industrial and governmental sectors (e.g., UKHSA, Home Office, Defra, EA), leading to over 70 referred articles (including PNAS, Nature Communications, ACS Nano, Adv Fucnt Mat, ES&T, Water Res, H=32 as of Feb 2022), several UK/PCT patents and a number of invited/keynote talks at international conferences. The key technology around low-cost sensors has led to a spin-out company at Cranfield.
Dr Yang is recognized globally for his work in developing a low-cost origami-paper device for the rapid diagnosis of infectious diseases, especially recently on the rapid testing of sewage for early warning of Covid-19 within the population, which is part of the UK National Wastewater Surveillance Program (N-WESP). His work has received many national and international awards including a recent James J Morgan ACS ES&T Early Career Award- Honorable Mention, featuring in Science, and numerous media coverages (e.g., BBC News, The Washington Post, etc). The origami-paper device is currently featured at London Science Museum.
We now have the opening:
 by December 2023: 3 PDRAs (4+4+3 years FTE ) and 2 fully-funded PhD studentships on sensing wastewater for public health funded by Leverhulme Trust Research Leadership Awards - details coming soon
 by June 2023: a 30-month PDRA and 1 PhD studentship on CRISPR/Cas systems with artificial cells for biocomputing.
 EPSRC CDT & Industry funded PhD studentship (4 years) starting from Oct 2023, Electrochemical and paper-microfluidics detection for monitoring of water disinfection, lnkd.in/e8ZBAAM5
We are consistently recruiting talented researchers/students in the areas of sensors, microfluidics, paper-based devices, molecular diagnostics, water quality, environmental health, and wastewater-based epidemiology, please get in touch for discussion on the potential funding opportunities. We typically recruit 2-3 students each year to ensure quality supervision. Please be in touch for discussion on self-funded or third-source funded opportunities.
Researcher students:  PhD candidates (3-4 years);  MSc by Research (12 months lab work to get MSc, optional to extend two years more for a PhD degree;  Visiting research students/placements/internships (no less than three months, ideally 6 months or more)
Postdoc, Fellowship, and Visiting Scholar: We are always keen to support talented scientists as Research Fellows, and visiting Fellows/scholars to apply for a third funding source (e.g. CSC, Leverhulme Trust, Royal Commission 1851, UK Newton fellowship, EU Marie Curie Fellowship) to explore exciting scientific research.
Dr Yang is currently leading the UKCRIC-funded Advanced Sensors Laboratory at Cranfield University. His multidisciplinary team on Advanced Sensors for Water-Environment-Health nexus focuses on the development of low-cost, rapid, and point-of-use sensors and devices for environmental science (e.g. microbial contamination in drinking water), public health (e.g. infectious, illicit drugs), and biomedical diagnostics (e.g. infectious disease and cancer). The major grants are listed below.
Dr Yang serves as editor of a special issue for TrAC -Trends in Analytical Chemistry (IF 14.9), Chemosphere (IF 8.9), Associate Editor for Heliyon Chemical Engineering, Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology (IF 6.0); Editorial Advisory/ECR Board for Advance in Sample Preparation (Elsevier), Environment Science & Ecotechnology (Elsevier IF 9.8), co-chairing/session-chairing the international conference. He leads a working group on environmental sensors and wastewater surveillance sponsored by UKRI BBSRC EBNet, and is organizing the international conference TTW6 in Oxford in 2023.
- UK Leverhulme Trust Research Leadership Award, Sensing wastewater for real-time public health (PI, 2023-2028, £1.9M)
- UKRI-BBSRC, Anglo-Canadian Collaboration on Antimicrobial resistance (ACCAMR), BB/X012840/1 (PI, 2023-2025, £150k) with Universities of Toronto, McGill, Calgary, Laval
- BioBit International Programme at Zhejiang Lab, CRISPR/Cas-enabled smart sensors integration within artificial cells for biocomputing (PI, 2023-2026, £420,000);
- UKRI MRC IAA, Origami paper device for point of care diagnosis of Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever (PI in Cranfield, 2023-2024)
- UK Royal Academy of Engineering Frontier Follow-on scheme, Low-cost paper-based biosensors for rapid monitoring of water quality in LMICs, (PI, 2020 – 2024, FF\1920\1\36, £310,286); in collaboration with Federal University Lafia, Nigeria & Cameron
- UK Royal Academy of Engineering Frontier Follow-on scheme -Top up funds for translation( PI, 2023-2024)
- UK Royal Society Research Grants, Understanding AMR transmission in the environment using the digital molecular method (PI, 2023-2024, RGS\R1\231032)
- UK Royal Society, Development of microfluidic paper-based biochips for point-of-care detection of multiple cytokines,(PI, 2022-2024, IEC\NSFC\211234)
- UKRI-BBSRC Proof-of-Concept, CRISPR/Cas-enabled paper-based sensors for rapid monitoring of antimicrobial resistance (PI, 2022-2023)
- UK Research England HEIF Spinning Out Novel Pathogen Analysis Technology (PI, 2023-2023)
- UK Home Office/Health Security Agency, Post-pandemic sensors for wastewater, PI, 2021-2023
- EPSRC-DTP, Diagnostic evaluation of removal of protozoan oocysts (2020-2023)
- UK NERC NPIF Innovation Fellowship, Lab-on-a-Paper for Point-of-Use Microbial Source Tracking (PI, 2018 – 2021, NE/R013349/1, £537,033);
- UK NERC, National COVID-19 Wastewater Epidemiology Surveillance Programme (Co-I, 2020 – 2021, NE/V010441/1, £791,191).
- UK BBSRC, (Co-I, 2018 – 2020, BB/S004335/1, £200,000); with Cefas, Cromarty Mussels Ltd.
- UK Home Office/ACE, Automation for wastewater surveillance, 2021-2022 (Co-I, £247,620)
- UK DEFRA - Deloitte MCS Limited, Exploring the development opportunities around the Covid19 WasteWater Sampling, (Co-I, 2022-2022)
- Africa Honey Consortium, Establishing a rapid testing system for contaminant detection in African honey (Co-I,2021-2022)
- UK Higher Education Innovation Fund (HEIF), Research England, Commercialization of origami-paper device for wastewater surveillance, (PI, 2022-2022)
- UK Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (DEFRA) - Deloitte MCS Limited, Understanding exposure routes and pathways of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in the environment (PI, 2022-2022)
- Research England via Cranfield University, Smart Living Grand Challenges, (Co-I, 2020-2022)
- UK Home Office/ACE, Paper-origami device for rapid detection of SARS-CoV-2 in wastewater, (PI, 2021-2022)
- Anglian Water, Rapid Covid sensors, PI, 2020-2021
- Industry partner, Automatic detection for sewage virus, PI, 2020-2022
- UK Royal Academy of Engineering, Low-cost and rapid water sensors for LMICs (PI, 2018 – 2020, FoDSF\1819\1\8); with Federal University Lafia
- UK Royal Academy of Engineering, Rapid Sepsis Diagnostics (Co-I, 2018 - 2019, FoEST1819\T6\4); with Tran Hung Dao University Hospital, Vietnam
- UK Scottish Research Partnership in Engineering, Rapid monitoring of water contamination using cost-effective sensors, (PI, 2018 - 2019, PECRE1819/05)
UKRI (NERC, EPSRC, BBSRC, MRC), The Leverhulme Trust, The Royal Society, The Royal Academy of Engineering, Home Office, Environment Agency, UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA), Scottish Partnership of Research Funds, Scottish Water, Anglian Water, and other industry
Articles In Journals
- Hassard F, Singh S, Coulon F & Yang Z (2023) Can wastewater monitoring protect public health in schools? [Comment], The Lancet Regional Health. Americas, 20 (April) Article No. 100475.
- Spatola Rossi C, Coulon F, Ma S, Zhang YS & Yang Z (2023) Microfluidics for rapid detection of live pathogens, Advanced Functional Materials, Available online 3 March 2023 Article No. 2212081.
- Yang K, Lu ZJ, Zhu TY, Wang JX, Yang FQ, Abbas SZ, Zhou J, Yang Z, Mi JL, Ravi SK & Yong YC (2023) Tailoring the whole-cell sensing spectrum with cyborgian redox machinery, Analytica Chimica Acta, 1252 (April) Article No. 341046.
- Ji X, Zhao X, Zhang Z, Si Y, Qian W, Fu H, Chen Z, Wang Z, Jin H, Yang Z & He D (2023) Scalable fabrication of graphene-assembled multifunctional electrode with efficient electrochemical detection of dopamine and glucose, Nano Research, Available online 22 February 2023.
- Yang Z & Barceló D (2023) Biosensors and new analytical methods for wastewater-based epidemiology [Editorial], Trends in Analytical Chemistry, Available online 7 February 2023, Article No. 116961.
- Wang J, Wang K, Peng H, Zhang Z, Yang Z, Song M & Jiang G (2023) Entropy-driven three-dimensional DNA nanofireworks for simultaneous real-time imaging of telomerase and microRNA in living cells, Analytical Chemistry, Available online 15 February 2023.
- Ma XM, Wang JW, Zhao LT, Zhang Y, Liu JY, Wang S, Zhu D, Yang Z & Yong YC (2023) Self-assembled microfiber-like biohydrogel for ultrasensitive whole-cell electrochemical biosensing in microdroplets, Analytical Chemistry, 95 (5) 2628-2632.
- Wang SH, Wang JW, Zhao LT, Abbas SZ, Yang Z & Yong YC (2023) Soil microbial fuel cell based self-powered cathodic biosensor for sensitive detection of heavy metals, Biosensors, 13 (1) Article No. 145.
- Cao H, Mao K, Ran F, Xu P, Zhao Y, Zhang X, Zhou H, Yang Z, Zhang H & Jiang G (2022) Paper device combining CRISPR/Cas12a and reverse-transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification for SARS-CoV-2 detection in wastewater, Environmental Science and Technology, 56 (18) 13245-13253.
- Sun X, Duan M, Li R, Meng Y, Bai Q, Wang L, Liu M, Yang Z, Zhu Z & Sui N (2022) Ultrathin graphdiyne/graphene heterostructure as a robust electrochemical sensing platform, Analytical Chemistry, 94 (39) 13598-13606.
- Fu H, Wang Z, Li P, Qian W, Zhang Z, Zhao X, Feng H, Yang Z, Kou Z & He D (2022) Well-structured 3D channels within GO-based membranes enable ultrafast wastewater treatment, Nano Research, Available online 3 September 2022.
- Wu H, Niu G, Ren W, Yang Z, Xu Q, Dai L, Jiang L, Zhai S, Zhao J, Zhang N, Zhao L, Jiang Z & Zhao G (2022) Large-area and clean graphene transfer on gold-nanopyramid-structured substrates: implications for surface-enhanced Raman scattering detection, ACS Applied Nano Materials, 5 (3) 3878-3888.
- Bai Q, Luo H, Shi S, Liu S, Wang L, Du F, Yang Z, Zhu Z & Sui N (2022) AuAg nanocages/graphdiyne for rapid elimination and detection of trace pathogenic bacteria, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 613 (May) 376-383.
- Chen Z, Jin H, Yang Z & He D (2022) Recent advances on bioreceptors and metal nanomaterials-based electrochemical impedance spectroscopy biosensors, Rare Metals, Available online 7 December 2022.
- Pan Y, Mao K, Hui Q, Wang B, Cooper J & Yang Z (2022) Paper-based devices for rapid diagnosis and wastewater surveillance, Trends in Analytical Chemistry, 157 (December) Article No. 116760.
- Bai Q, Luo H, Yi X, Shi S, Wang L, Liu M, Du F, Yang Z & Sui N (2022) Nitrogen-doped graphdiyne quantum-dots as an optical-electrochemical sensor for sensitive detection of dopamine, Microchemical Journal, 179 (August) Article No. 107521.
- Nnachi RC, Sui N, Ke B, Luo Z, Bhalla N, He D & Yang Z (2022) Biosensors for rapid detection of bacterial pathogens in water, food and environment, Environment International, 166 (August) Article No. 107357.
- Jeffrey P, Yang Z & Judd SJ (2022) The status of potable water reuse implementation, Water Research, 214 (May) Article No. 118198.
- Wang Y, Xu H, Dong Z, Wang Z, Yang Z, Yu X & Chang L (2022) Micro/Nano biomedical devices for point-of-care diagnosis of infectious respiratory diseases, Medicine in Novel Technology and Devices, 14 (June) Article No. 100116.
- Liu Y, Pinto F, Wan X, Yang Z, Peng S, Li M, Cooper JM, Xie Z, French CE & Wang B (2022) Reprogrammed tracrRNAs enable repurposing of RNAs as crRNAs and sequence-specific RNA biosensors, Nature Communications, 13 (April) Article No. 1937.
- Mao K, Yang Z, Zhang H, Li X & Cooper JM (2021) Paper-based nanosensors to evaluate community-wide illicit drug use for wastewater-based epidemiology, Water Research, 189 (February) Article No. 116559.
- Li W, Coulon F, Singer A, Zhu YG & Yang Z (2021) Paper-based devices as a new tool for rapid and on-site monitoring of "superbugs", Environmental Science and Technology, 55 (18) 12133-12135.
- Witkowska McConnell W, Davis C, Sabir SR, Garrett A, Bradley-Stewart A, Jajesniak P, Reboud J, Xu G, Yang Z, Gunson R, Thomson EC & Cooper JM (2021) Paper microfluidic implementation of loop mediated isothermal amplification for early diagnosis of hepatitis C virus, Nature Communications, 12 (1) Article No. 6994. Dataset/s: 10.5525/gla.researchdata.1127
- Anae J, Ahmad N, Kumar V, Thakur VK, Gutierrez T, Yang XJ, Cai C, Yang Z & Coulon F (2021) Recent advances in biochar engineering for soil contaminated with complex chemical mixtures: remediation strategies and future perspectives, Science of the Total Environment, 767 (May) Article No. 144351.
- Ali W, Zhang H, Wang Z, Chang C, Javed A, Ali K, Du W, Niazi NK, Mao K & Yang Z (2021) Occurrence of various viruses and recent evidence of SARS-CoV-2 in wastewater systems, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 414 (July) Article No. 125439.
- Pena-Pereira F, Bendicho C, Pavlović DM, Martín-Esteban A, Díaz-Álvarez M, Pan Y, Cooper J, Yang Z, Safarik I, Pospiskova K, Segundo MA & Psillakis E (2021) Miniaturized analytical methods for determination of environmental contaminants of emerging concern - a review, Analytica Chimica Acta, 1158 (May) Article No. 238108.
- Zhang K, Zhang H, Cao H, Jiang Y, Mao K & Yang Z (2021) Rolling circle amplification as an efficient analytical tool for rapid detection of contaminants in aqueous environments, Biosensors, 11 (10) Article No. 352.
- Ou Y, Cao S, Zhang J, Dong W, Yang Z & Yu Z (2021) Droplet microfluidics on analysis of pathogenic microbes for wastewater-based epidemiology, Trends in Analytical Chemistry, 143 (October) Article No. 116333.
- Zhou C, Pan Y, Ge S, Coulon F & Yang Z (2021) Rapid methods for antimicrobial resistance diagnosis in contaminated soils for effective remediation strategy, Trends in Analytical Chemistry, 137 (April) Article No. 116203.
- Mao K, Zhang H, Pan Y & Yang Z (2021) Biosensors for wastewater-based epidemiology for monitoring public health, Water Research, 191 (March) Article No. 116787.
- Li P, Wang Z, Song R, Qian W, Wen P, Yang Z & He D (2020) Customizable fabrication for auxetic graphene assembled macrofilms with high conductivity and flexibility, Carbon, 162 (June) 545-551.
- Chang C, Chen C, Yin R, Shen Y, Mao K, Yang Z, Feng X & Zhang H (2020) Bioaccumulation of Hg in rice leaf facilitates selenium bioaccumulation in rice (Oryza sativa L.) leaf in the Wanshan mercury mine, Environmental Science and Technology, 54 (6) 3228-3236.
- Mao K, Zhang H & Yang Z (2020) Can a paper-based device trace COVID-19 sources with wastewater-based epidemiology?, Environmental Science and Technology, 54 (7) 3733-3735.
- Mao K, Min X, Zhang H, Zhang K, Cao H, Guo Y & Yang Z (2020) Paper-based microfluidics for rapid diagnostics and drug delivery, Journal of Controlled Release, 322 (June) 187-199.
- Bhalla N, Pan Y, Yang Z & Payam A (2020) Opportunities and challenges for biosensors and nanoscale analytical tools for pandemics: COVID-19, ACS Nano, 14 (7) 7783-7807.
- Mao K, Zhang H, Pan Y, Zhang K, Cao H, Li X & Yang Z (2020) Nanomaterial-based aptamer sensors for analysis of illicit drugs and evaluation of drugs consumption for wastewater-based epidemiology, Trends in Analytical Chemistry, 130 (September) Article No. 115975.
- Bai Q, Zhang C, Li L, Zhu Z, Wang L, Jiang F, Liu M, Wang Z, Yu WW, Du F, Yang Z & Sui N (2020) Subsequent monitoring of ferric ion and ascorbic acid using graphdiyne quantum dots-based optical sensors, Microchimica Acta, 187 (December) Article No. 657.
- Mao K, Zhang H, Wang Z, Cao H, Zhang K, Li X & Yang Z (2020) Nanomaterial-based aptamer sensors for arsenic detection, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 148 (January) Article No. 111785.
- Ming T, Luo J, Liu J, Sun S, Xing Y, Wang H, Xiao G, Deng Y, Cheng Y, Yang Z, Jin H & Cai X (2020) Paper-based microfluidic aptasensors, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 170 (December) Article No. 112649.
- Mao K, Zhang H & Yang Z (2020) The potential of an integrated biosensor system with mobile health and wastewater-based epidemiology (iBMW) for the prevention, surveillance, monitoring and intervention of the COVID-19 pandemic, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, Volume 169 (December) Article No. 112617.
- Teng D, Zhang B, Xu G, Wang B, Mao K, Wang J, Sun J, Feng X, Yang Z & Zhang H (2020) Efficient removal of Cd(II) from aqueous solution by pinecone biochar: Sorption performance and governing mechanisms, Environmental Pollution, 265, Part A, (October) Article No. 115001.
- Ali W, Mao K, Zhang H, Junaid M, Xu N, Rasool A, Feng X & Yang Z (2020) Comprehensive review of the basic chemical behaviours, sources, processes, and endpoints of trace element contamination in paddy soil-rice systems in rice-growing countries, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 397 (October) Article No. 122720.
- Hui Q, Pan Y & Yang Z (2020) Paper-based devices for rapid diagnostics and testing sewage for early warning of COVID-19 outbreak, Case Studies in Chemical and Environmental Engineering, 2 (September) Article No. 100064.
- Wang Y, Sun S, Luo J, Xiong Y, Ming T, Liu J, Ma Y, Yan S, Yang Y, Yang Z, Reboud J, Yin H, Cooper JM & Cai X (2020) Low sample volume origami-paper-based graphene-modified aptasensors for label-free electrochemical detection of cancer biomarker-EGFR, Microsystems and Nanoengineering, 6 (1) Article No. 32.
- Ali W, Zhang H, Junaid M, Mao K, Xu N, Chang C, Rasool A, Wajahat Aslam M, Ali J & Yang Z (2020) Insights into the mechanisms of arsenic-selenium interactions and the associated toxicity in plants, animals, and humans: A critical review, Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology, Available online 18 March 2020 (7).
- Castrignano E, Yang Z, Feil E, Bade R, Castiglioni S, Casuanilles A, Gracia-Lor E, Hernandez F, Plosz B, Ramin P, Rousis N, Ryu Y, Thomas K, de Voogt P, Zuccato E & Kasprzyk-Hordern B (2020) Enantiomeric profiling of quinolones and quinolone resistance gene qnrS in European wastewaters, Water Research, Available online 10 March 2020, Article No. 115653.
- Reboud J, Xu G, Garrett A, Adriko M, Yang Z, Tukahebwa EM, Rowell C & Cooper JM (2019) Paper-based microfluidics for DNA diagnostics of malaria in low resource underserved rural communities, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 116 (11) 4834-4842.
- Mao K, Ma J, Li X & Yang Z (2019) Rapid duplexed detection of illicit drugs in wastewater using gold nanoparticle conjugated aptamer sensors, Science of the Total Environment, 688 (October) 771-779.
- Yang Z, Xu G, Reboud J, Ali SA, Kaur G, McGiven J, Boby N, Gupta P, Chaudhuri P & Cooper JM (2018) Rapid veterinary diagnosis of bovine reproductive infectious diseases from semen using paper-origami DNA microfluidics, ACS Sensors, 3 (2) 403-409.
- Castrignano E, Yang Z, Bade R, Baz-Lomba JA, Castiglioni S, Causanilles A, Covaci A, Gracia-Lor E, Hernandez F, Kinyua J, McCall AK, van Nuijs ALN, Ort C, Plosz BG, Ramin P, Rousis NI, Ryu Y, Thomas KV, de Voogt P, Zuccato E & Kasprzyk-Hordern B (2018) Enantiomeric profiling of chiral illicit drugs in a pan-European study, Water Research, 130 151-160.
- Alzahrani H, Antoine C, Aoki K, Baker L, Balme S, Bentley C, Bhattacharya G, Bohn PW, Cai Q, Cao C, Commandeur D, Crooks RM, Edwards M, Ewing A, Fu KY, Galeyeva A, Gao R, Hersbach T, Hillman R, Hu YX, Jiang L, Kanoufi F, Kranz C, Liu SC, Loffler T, Long YT, MacPherson J, McKelvey K, Minteer S, Mirkin M, Mount A, Nichols R, Nogala W, Ohl D, Qiu KP, Ren H, Rudd J, Schuhmann W, Siwy Z, Tian ZQ, Unwin P, Wang YX, Wilde P, Wu YF, Yang ZG & Ying YL (2018) Processes at nanoelectrodes: general discussion, Faraday Discussions, 210 235-265.
- Wei B, Mao K, Liu N, Zhang M & Yang Z (2018) Graphene nanocomposites modified electrochemical aptamer sensor for rapid and highly sensitive detection of prostate specific antigen, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 121 41-46.
- Alzahrani H, Bentley C, Bohn PW, Chikere C, Commandeur D, Crooks RM, Ehi-Eromosele C, Ewing A, Galeyeva A, Hersbach T, Hillman R, Kanoufi F, Koper M, Kranz C, Loffler T, Long YT, MacPherson J, McKelvey K, Minteer S, Mirkin M, Nichols R, Nogala W, Ohl D, Pelta J, Ren H, Rudd J, Schuhmann W, Tian ZQ, Unwin P, Vezzoli A, Willets K, Wu YF, Yang ZG, Zhan DP & Zhao CA (2018) Energy conversion at nanointerfaces: general discussion, Faraday Discussions, 210 333-351.
- Alzahrani H, Bentley C, Burrows R, Cao C, Cai Q, Chikere C, Crooks RM, Dunevall J, Edwards M, Ewing A, Gao R, Hillman R, Kahram M, Kanoufi F, Kranz C, Lemineur JF, Long YT, McKelvey K, Mirkin M, Moore S, Nogala W, Ren H, Schuhmann W, Unwin P, Vezzoli A, White H, Willets K, Yang ZG & Ying YL (2018) Dynamics of nanointerfaces: general discussion, Faraday Discussions, 210 451-479.
- Mao K, Zhou Z, Han S, Zhou X, Hu J, Li X & Yang Z (2018) A novel biosensor based on Au@Ag core-shell nanoparticles for sensitive detection of methylamphetamine with surface enhanced Raman scattering, Talanta, 190 263-268.
- Yang Z, Xu G, Reboud J, Kasprzyk-Hordern B & Cooper JM (2017) Monitoring genetic population biomarkers with wastewater-based epidemiology, Analytical Chemistry, 89 (18) 9941-9945.
- Rousis NI, Gracia-Lor E, Zuccato E, Bade R, Baz-Lomba JA, Castrignanò E, Causanilles A, Covaci A, de Voogt P, Hernàndez F, Kasprzyk-Hordern B, Kinyua J, McCall A, Plósz BG, Ramin P, Ryu Y, Thomas KV, van Nuijs A, Yang Z & Castiglioni S (2017) Wastewater-based epidemiology to assess pan-European pesticide exposure, Water Research, 121 (September) 270-279.
- Gracia-Lor E, Rousis NI, Zuccato E, Bade R, Baz-Lomba JA, Castrignanò E, Causanilles A, Hernández F, Kasprzyk-Hordern B, Kinyua J, McCall A, van Nuijs ALN, Plósz BG, Ramin P, Ryu Y, Santos MM, Thomas K, de Voogt P, Yang Z & Castiglioni S (2017) Estimation of caffeine intake from analysis of caffeine metabolites in wastewater, Science of the Total Environment, 609 1582-1588.
- Gracia-Lor E, Castiglioni S, Bade R, Been F, Castrignano E, Covaci A, Gonzalez-Marino I, Hapeshi E, Kasprzyk-Hordern B, Kinyua J, Lai FY, Letzel T, Lopardo L, Meyer MR, O'Brien J, Ramin P, Rousis NI, Rydevik A, Ryu Y, Santos MM, Senta I, Thomaidis NS, Veloutsou S, Yang Z, Zuccato E & Bijlsma L (2017) Measuring biomarkers in wastewater as a new source of epidemiological information: Current state and future perspectives, Environment International, 99 131-150.
- Mao K, Yang Z, Li J, Zhou X, Li X & Hu J (2017) A novel colorimetric biosensor based on non-aggregated Au@Ag core–shell nanoparticles for methamphetamine and cocaine detection, Talanta, 175 338-346.
- Mao K, Yang ZG, Du P, Xu ZQ, Wang ZL & Li XQ (2016) G-quadruplex-hemin DNAzyme molecular beacon probe for the detection of methamphetamine, RSC Advances, 6 (67).
- Yang Z, Castrignano E, Estrela P, Frost CG & Kasprzyk-Hordern B (2016) Community sewage sensors towards evaluation of drug use trends: detection of cocaine in wastewater with DNA-directed immobilization aptamer sensors, Scientific Reports, 6 Article No. 21024.
- Yang Z, D'Uriac MA, Goggins S, Kasprzyk-Hordern B, Thomas KV, Frost CG & Estrela P (2015) A novel DNA biosensor using a ferrocenyl intercalator applied to the potential detection of human population biomarkers in wastewater, Environmental Science and Technology, 49 (9) 5609-5617.
- Yang Z, Kasprzyk-Hordern B, Goggins S, Frost CG & Estrela P (2015) A novel immobilization strategy for electrochemical detection of cancer biomarkers: DNA-directed immobilization of aptamer sensors for sensitive detection of prostate specific antigens, The Analyst, 140 (8) 2628-2633.
- Yang Z, Kasprzyk-Hordern B, Frost CG, Estrela P & Thomas KV (2015) Community sewage sensors for monitoring public health, Environmental Science and Technology, 49 (10) 5845-5846.
- Yang Z, Chevolot Y, Gehin T, Solassol J, Mange A, Souteyrand E & Laurenceau E (2013) Improvement of protein immobilization for the elaboration of tumor-associated antigen microarrays: Application to the sensitive and specific detection of tumor markers from breast cancer sera, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 40 (1) 385-392.
- Yang Z, Chevolot Y, Gehin T, Dugas V, Xanthopoulos N, Laporte V, Delair T, Ataman-Onal Y, Choquet-Kastylevsky G, Souteyrand E & Laurenceau E (2013) Characterization of three amino-functionalized surfaces and evaluation of antibody immobilization for the multiplex detection of tumor markers involved in colorectal cancer, Langmuir, 29 (5) 1498-1509.
- Sui N, Monnier V, Yang Z, Chevolot Y, Laurenceau E, Souteyrand E & Dugas V (2012) Preparation of core-shell silver/silica nanopaticles and their application for enhancement of cyanine 3 fluorescence, International Journal of Nanoscience, 11 (04) Article No. 1240020.
- Yang Z, Chevolot Y, Ataman-Onal Y, Choquet-Kastylevsky G, Souteyrand E & Laurenceau E (2012) Cancer biomarkers detection using 3D microstructured protein chip: Implementation of customized multiplex immunoassay, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 175 22-28.
- Laurenceau E, Yang ZG, Chevolot Y, Attaman Y, Choquet-Kastylevsky G & Souteyrand E (2011) Tumor antigens titration on novel miniaturized immunoassay: 3D-Protein chip performance evaluation, Bulletin du Cancer, 98 S70-S70.
- Yang Z & Mai K (2011) Nonisothermal crystallization and melting behavior of beta-mucleated isotactic polypropylene and polyamide 66 blends, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 119 (6) 3566-3573.
- Yang Z, Laurenceau E, Chevolot Y, Önal YA, Choquet-Kastylevsky G & Souteyrand E (2011) Cancer biomarkers detection using microstructured protein chip: implementation of customized multiplex immunoassay, Procedia Engineering, 25 952-955.
- Yang Z & Mai K (2010) Crystallization and melting behavior of beta-nucleated isotactic polypropylene/polyamide 6 blends with maleic anhydride grafted polyethylene-vinyl acetate as a compatibilizer, Thermochimica Acta, 511 (1-2) 152-158.
- Yang Z, Zhang Z, Tao Y & Mai K (2009) Preparation, crystallization behavior, and melting characteristics of beta-nucleated isotactic polypropylene blends with polyamide 6, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 112 (1) 1-8.
- Yang Z, Chen C, Liang D, Zhang Z & Mai K (2009) Melting characteristic and beta-crystal content of beta-nucleated polypropylene/polyamide 6 alloys prepared using different compounding methods, Polymer International, 58 (12) 1366-1372.
- Zhang Z, Tao Y, Yang Z & Mai K (2008) Preparation and characteristics of nano-CaCO3 supported beta-nucleating agent of polypropylene, European Polymer Journal, 44 (7) 1955-1961.
- Yang Z, Zhang Z, Tao Y & Mai K (2008) Effects of polyamide 6 on the crystallization and melting behavior of P-nucleated polypropylene, European Polymer Journal, 44 (11) 3754-3763.
- Zhang Z, Wang C, Yang Z, Chen C & Mai K (2008) Crystallization behavior and melting characteristics of PP nucleated by a novel supported beta-nucleating agent, Polymer, 49 (23) 5137-5145.