Areas of expertise
- Carbon Capture & Storage
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Gas Turbines & Propulsion
BackgroundZeeshan has a background in Mechanical and Manufacturing engineering with nearly six years of industrial experience in various industries. He received his PhD in Compressible Turbulent High-Speed Flows from Cranfield University.
Current activitiesDr Zeeshan Rana is currently working in the areas of Carbon Capture using Nano-technology which is an experimental project. He is also working on various projects related to Computational Fluid Dynamics for example investigations into complex hypersonic flows.
Articles In Journals
- Sakellariou K, Rana ZA & Jenkins KW (2017) Optimisation of the surfboard fin shape using computational fluid dynamics and genetic algorithms, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part P: Journal of Sports Engineering and Technology, 231 (4) 344-354.
- El Rafei M, Konozsy L & Rana ZA (2015) Investigation of numerical dissipation in classical and implicit large eddy simulations, Aerospace, 4 (4) 59-79.
- Rana ZA, Thomber B & Drikakis D (2013) Dynamics of sonic hydrogen jet injection and mixing inside scramjet combustor, Engineering Applications of Computational Fluid Mechanics, 7 (1) 13-39.
- Rana ZA, Thornber B & Drikakis D (2011) Transverse jet injection into a supersonic turbulent cross-flow, Physics of Fluids, 23 (4) 046103-1-046103-21.
- Rana ZA, Thornber B & Drikakis D (2011) On the importance of generating accurate turbulent boundary condition for unsteady simulations, Journal of Turbulence, 12 (35) 1-39.
- Antonios Foivos Antoniadis, Panagiotis Tsoutsanis, Zeeshan Rana, Ioannis Kokkinakis & Dimitris Drikakis (2015) Azure: An Advanced CFD software suite based on High-Resolution and High-order Methods. In: 53rd AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, Kissimmee, 5-9 January 2015.
- Kokkinakis IW, Antoniadis AV, Drikakis D, Tsoutsanis P & Rana ZA (2015) High-order methods for shock wave turbulent boundary layer interaction. In: 20th AIAA International Space Planes and Hypersonic Systems and Technologies Conference 2015, Glasgow, 6-9 July 2015.
- Könözsy L, Kokkinakis IW, Antoniadis AF, Rana ZA, Tsoutsanis P & Drikakis D (2015) High-order methods for shock wave turbulent boundary layer interaction. In: UK Turbulence Consortium Annual Review, Southampton, 3 September 2015.
- Rana ZA, Thornber BJR & Drikakis D (2011) Analysis of hydrogen injection into the combustor of HyShot-II scramjet engine using ILES. In: 49th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition, Orlando, Florida, 4-7 January 2011.
- Rana ZA, Thornber B & Drikakis D (2011) An ILES analysis of transverse jet injection in to supersonic cross-flow with synthetic turbulent boundary layer. In: 49th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition, Orlando, Florida, 4-7 January 2011.
- Rana ZA, Drikakis D & Thornber BJ Investigation of sonic jet mixing in a stream of supersonic cross-flow using large eddy simulations. In: 27th Congress of the International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences, Nice, 19 September 2010.
- Rana ZA, Thornber BJR & Drikakis D (2009) Simulations of the HyShot-II (scramjet) model using high-resolution methods. In: 45th AIAA/ASME/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference, 2009, Denver, CO, 2-5 August 2009.