Contact Dr Yousef Haddad
Areas of expertise
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Manufacturing Systems
- Sustainable Manufacturing
Yousef is a Research Fellow in Sustainability Assessment of Metallic Aerospace Structures at the Sustainable Manufacturing Systems Centre in the School of Aerospace, Transport and Manufacturing. Yousef completed his PhD degree from Cranfield University and his MSc and BSc degrees from Brunel University London and Yarmouk University, respectively. Prior to commencing his role as a Research Fellow, Yousef worked as a Research Assistant in Manufacturing Systems at the same research centre.
Yousef currently works on an ATI-funded project on sustainability assessment of metallic aerospace structures.
Yousef's main research interests are in design, modelling and sustainability of manufacturing systems. Modelling approaches include mathematical programming (integer and mixed-integer linear programming, multi-objective optimisation and stochastic programming), simulation (discrete-event, agent-based and system dynamics) and life cycle assessment modelling. Yousef has successfully supervised 15 MSc students theses, as well as 6 group projects in areas related to manufacturing systems modelling and sustainable manufacturing.
Articles In Journals
- Pagone E, Haddad Y, Barsotti L, Dini G & Salonitis K (2023) A stochastic evaluation framework to improve the robustness of manufacturing systems, International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, 36 (7) 966-984.
- Gupta S, Joshi D, Jagtap S, Trollman H, Haddad Y, Yuksek YA, Salonitis K, Raut R & Narkhede B (2023) From failure to success: a framework for successful deployment of Industry 4.0 principles in the aerospace industry, International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, Available online 30 August 2023.
- Haddad Y, Pagone E, Valdez Parra R, Pearson N & Salonitis K (2022) How do small changes enable the shift to net‑zero? a techno‑environmental‑economic analysis, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Available online 4 August 2022.
- Haddad Y, Salonitis K & Emmanouilidis C (2021) Design of redistributed manufacturing networks: a model-based decision-making framework, International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, 34 (10) 1011-1030.
- Haddad Y, Salonitis K & Emmanouilidis C (2021) A decision-making framework for the design of local production networks under largescale disruptions, Procedia Manufacturing, 55, 393-400.
- Atescan Yuksek Y, Haddad Y, Pagone E, Jagtap S, Haskew S & Salonitis K (2023) Sustainability assessment of electronic waste remanufacturing: the case of laptop. In: 30th CIRP Life Cycle Engineering Conference 2023, New Brunswick, 15-17 May 2023.
- Haddad Y, Atescan Yuksek YA, Jagtap S, Jenkins S, Pagone E & Salonitis K (2023) Eco-social sustainability assessment of manufacturing systems: an LCA-based framework. In: 30th CIRP Life Cycle Engineering Conference 2023, New Brunswick, 15-17 May 2023.
- Haddad Y, Jagtap S, Pagone E & Salonitis K (2023) Sustainability assessment of aerospace manufacturing: an LCA-based framework. In: 18th Global Conference on Sustainable Manufacturing (GCSM 2022) Manufacturing Driving Circular Economy, Berlin, 5-7 October 2022.
- Kaur R, Patsavellas J, Haddad Y & Salonitis K (2022) Carbon accounting management in complex manufacturing supply chains: a structured framework approach. In: 55th CIRP Conference on Manufacturing Systems 2022, Lugano, Switzerland, 29 June - 1 July 2022.
- Tang J, Haddad Y & Salonitis K (2022) Reconfigurable manufacturing system scheduling: a deep reinforcement learning approach. In: 55th CIRP Conference on Manufacturing Systems 2022, Lugano, Switzerland, 29 June - 1 July 2022.
- Haddad Y, Pagone E, Afy-Shararah M, Pearson N, Folland JJ & Salonitis K (2021) The transition to environmentally sustainable production: a roadmap timeline methodology. In: 9th CIRP global Web conference (CIRPe 2021): Sustainable, resilient, and agile manufacturing and service operations : Lessons from COVID-19, Saint-Etienne, France, 26-28 October 2021.
- Haddad Y, Salonitis K & Emmanouilidis C (2021) Design of emergency response manufacturing networks: a decision-making framework. In: 8th CIRP Global Web Conference (CIRPe 2020): Flexible mass customisation, Virtual Event, 14-16 October 2020.