Contact Dr Yagmur Atescan Yuksek
Areas of expertise
- Smart Materials
- Sustainable Manufacturing
BackgroundDr. Yagmur Atescan Yuksek is a Research Fellow at Cranfield University Sustainable Manufacturing Systems Centre. Prior to joining Cranfield University, she was a Research Assistant in Advanced Composites and Engineered Materials Group at the Pennsylvania State University.
Dr. Atescan's current research focus is on the sustainability of manufacturing systems and processes with a specific focus on the environmental and social life cycle assessment of metallic and composite structures. She is currently a Research Fellow on the Metallic Aerospace Structures Technologies for Eco-Social Returns (MASTER ATI) Project. She also supervises MSc students group projects and individual research projects in areas related to life cycle assessment.
Articles In Journals
- Gupta S, Joshi D, Jagtap S, Trollman H, Haddad Y, Yuksek YA, Salonitis K, Raut R & Narkhede B (2023) From failure to success: a framework for successful deployment of Industry 4.0 principles in the aerospace industry, International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, Available online 30 August 2023.
- Atescan Yuksek Y, Haddad Y, Pagone E, Jagtap S, Haskew S & Salonitis K (2023) Sustainability assessment of electronic waste remanufacturing: the case of laptop. In: 30th CIRP Life Cycle Engineering Conference 2023, New Brunswick, 15-17 May 2023.
- Haddad Y, Atescan Yuksek YA, Jagtap S, Jenkins S, Pagone E & Salonitis K (2023) Eco-social sustainability assessment of manufacturing systems: an LCA-based framework. In: 30th CIRP Life Cycle Engineering Conference 2023, New Brunswick, 15-17 May 2023.
- Atescan Y, Branco RBN, Oyama K, Madra A & Yamamoto N (2021) Quantitative structure-property relationship study of 1d-aligned soft magnetic nanocomposites for fast actuation. In: AIAA SciTech Forum 2021, Virtual Event, 19-21 January 2021.
- Atescan Y & Yamamoto N (2020) 3D structuring of magnetoelastomers for anisotropic actuation properties. In: AIAA SciTech Forum 2020, Orlando, Florida, 6-10 January 2020.