Contact Dr Vivek Narisetty
Areas of expertise
- Biomass and Waste
- Food waste
- Waste Management and Resource Efficiency
I have Defended my Ph.D. thesis entitled “Development of a bioprocess for microbial production of 1,3-propanediol from biodiesel derived crude glycerol” and the work was carried out at Microbial Processes and Technology Division, CSIR-National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (CSIR-NIIST), Kerala, India. Later in the Department of Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology New Delhi, India, as a Postdoctoral research associate, I was assigned with two different objectives (i) Development of a carbon catabolite repression negative strain of Pichia stipitis and Saccharomyces cerevisiae, by molecular tools and (ii) designing an A-stat mode of the continuous bioreactor to understand the physiology of S. cerevisiae and P. stipitis in carbon limited, oxygen-limited and dual limited regimes.
- Invited Researcher to University of Jaén, Jaén, Spain in June 2016 as a part of BIOASSORT project funded by European Commission Seventh framework programme, Marie Curie Actions- International staff exchange scheme.
- Invited Researcher to University of Napoli “FEDERICO II”, Naples, Italy in July 2016 as a part of BIOASSORT project funded by European Commission Seventh framework programme, Marie Curie Actions-International staff exchange scheme
- Invited Researcher to University of Bielefeld, Bielefeld, Germany in September – October 2018 as a part of DST – DAAD Indo – German joint collaboration on the Project “Genetic engineering of Lactobacillus brevis for improved 1,3-Propanediol production”.
As a postdoctoral research associate in
Biomass/Bioenergy Systems in Centre for
Climate and Environmental Protection (CCEP), School of Water, Energy and
Environment (SWEE) at Cranfield University (CU), UK, I am involved in various research activities pertaining to value-added product biosynthesis using industrial waste and agricultural residues through native and non-native microorganisms. Along with research activities, I will be engaged in writing the research proposals, the supervision of masters, and Ph.D. students in the laboratory.
Articles In Journals
- Bhatia SK, Vivek N, Kumar V, Chandel N, Thakur M, Kumar D, Yang YH, Pugazendhi A & Kumar G (2021) Molecular biology interventions for activity improvement and production of industrial enzymes, Bioresource Technology, 324 (March) Article No. 124596.
- Vivek N, Hazeena SH, Alphy MP, Kumar V, Magdouli S, Sindhu R, Pandey A & Binod P (2021) Recent advances in microbial biosynthesis of C3 – C5 diols: Genetics and process engineering approaches., Bioresource Technology, 322 (February) Article No. 124527.