Areas of expertise
- Biomedical Engineering
- Welding and Laser Processing
Dr. V. Chakkravarthy is presently a research fellow in additive manufacturing at Welding and Additive Manufacturing Centre, Cranfield University, UK. Previously he was a postdoctoral researcher on a project supported by the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) at the Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, IIT Madras. His areas of research interests include digital manufacturing processes to create functionally graded materials, biomimetic porous scaffolds, 3-D lattice structures, and high entropy alloys. He has gained practical knowledge with various laser processing and wire arc additive manufacturing processes. He has also worked with various characterization tools for 5 years, including electron backscattered diffraction (EBSD), scanning electron microscopy (SEM), energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS), bio-tribocorrosion, X-ray photon spectroscopy (XPS), high cycle fatigue, metal-induced cytotoxicity, high temperature corrosion, residual stress analysis, tissue engineering, cell culture, and protein synthesis. In addition to his research, he has more than two years of experience in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and mentoring at many prestigious Indian institutions. He has won the best presenter award in several international conferences. He has been recognized as an active member in various forums which includes Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), Indian Welding Society (IWS), Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) and so on.
Wire Arc Additive Manufacturing.
Laser - Plasma hybrid Additive Manufacturing.
Sustainable Additive Manufacturing.
Articles In Journals
- Chakkravarthy V, Manojkumar P, Lakshmanan M, Eswar Prasad K, Dafale R, Chitra Vadhana V & Narayan RL (2023) Comparing bio-tribocorrosion of selective laser melted titanium-25%niobium and conventionally manufactured Ti-6Al-4v in inflammatory conditions, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 952 (August) Article No. 169852.
- Chakkravarthy V, Oliveira JP, Mahomed A, Yu N, Manojkumar P, Lakshmanan M, Zhang L, Jerome S, Prabhu TR & Narayan RL (2023) Effect of abrasive water jet peening on NaCl-induced hot corrosion behavior of Ti–6Al–4V, Vacuum, 210 (April) Article No. 111872.
- Kumar SP, Chakkravarthy V, Mahalingam A, Rajeshshyam R, Sriraman N, Marimuthu P, Narayan RL & Babu PD (2022) Investigation of crystallographic orientation and mechanical behaviour in laser-welded stainless steel 316L additive components, Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals, Available online 29 September 2022 (2).
- Vigneshwaran J, Narayan RL, Ghosh D, Chakravarthy V & Jose SP (2022) Robust hierarchical three dimensional nickel cobalt tungstate-MXene nanocomposite for high performance symmetric coin cell supercapacitors, Journal of Energy Storage, 56 (C) Article No. 106102.
- Chakkravarthy V, Lakshmanan M, Manojkumar P & Prabhakaran R (2022) Crystallographic orientation and wear characteristics of TiN, SiC, Nb embedded Al7075 composite, Materials Letters, 306 (January) Article No. 130936.
- Idury KS, Chakkravarthy V & Narayan RL (2021) Mechanical behavior of laser powder bed fusion processed inconel 625 alloy, Transactions of the Indian National Academy of Engineering, 6 975-990.
- Lakshmanan M, Rajadurai J Selwin, Chakkravarthy V & Rajakarunakaran S (2021) Tribological investigations on h-BN/NiTi inoculated Al7075 composite developed via ultrasonic aided squeeze casting, Materials Letters, 285 (February).
- Chakkravarthy V & Jerome S (2020) Printability of multiwalled SS 316L by wire arc additive manufacturing route with tunable texture, Materials Letters, 260 (February) Article No. 126981.
- Lakshmanan M, SelwinRajadurai J & Chakkravarthy V Rajakarunakaran S (2020) Wear and EBSD studies on (SiC/NiTi) reinforced Al7075 composite, Materials Letters, 272 (August) Article No. 127879.
- Chakkravarthy V & Jerome S (2020) Fabrication of preferentially oriented Al4043 alloy and its wear anisotropy, Materials Letters, 280 (December) Article No. 128578.
- Chakkravarthy V, Jose Sujin P, Lakshmanan M, Manojkumar P, Lakshmi Narayan R & Kumaran M (2022) Additive manufacturing of novel Ti-30Nb-2Zr biomimetic scaffolds for successful limb salvage. In: FARAON 2022 Digital Conference, Virtual Event (Host: Madurai Kamaraj University and University of Oslo), 2-4 February 2022.