Contact Dr Veronica Marchante Rodriguez
Areas of expertise
Dr Marchante-Rodriguez studied Chemical Engineering at the University of Alicante. Her degree project was Designing of a Pilot Plant System to Deionized Water from the Water Supply of Alicante City.
Following that, she started her PhD at the University of Alicante in collaboration with the Chemical Engineering Department and the Optics Department. She obtained a qualification of Cum Laude. During that period, she has taken part in the development of researching projects related to the application of the nanoclay-based pigments into different substrates, like textiles and printing inks. In addition, she has attended several National and International Conferences with oral presentations and poster contributions. Furthermore, she has participated in the application for research funds for the spread of the application of the nanoclay-based pigments in other fields.
Currently, she is a Research Fellow in Polymer Nanocomposites at the Centre for Automotive Technology (CAT) (Environmental Science and Technology Department) in Cranfield University.
- Researching in Polymer Nanocomposites
- Researching in Nanopigments and colorants for several applications and substrates
- Researching in the release of nanoparticles from commercial nanocomposites (SIRENA Project)
- Collaborating in the organisation of the international conference NANOSTRUC 2014.
Articles In Journals
- Bang CS, Rana ZA, Könözsy L, Marchante Rodriguez V & Temple C (2022) Numerical investigation and fluid-structure interaction (FSI) analysis on a double-element simplified Formula One (F1) composite wing in the presence of ground effect, Fluids, 7 (2) Article No. 85.
- Bang CS, Rana ZA, Könözsy L, Marchante Rodriguez V & Temple C (2022) Aeroelastic analysis of a single element composite wing in ground effect using fluid-structure Interaction, Journal of Fluids Engineering, 144 (4) Article No. 041202.
- Blazquez M, Marchante V, Gendre L, Starost K, Njuguna J, Schutz JA, Lacave JM, Egizabal A, Elizetxea C & Cajaraville MP (2020) Particle emission measurements in three scenarios of mechanical degradation of polypropylene-nanoclay nanocomposites, Journal of Aerosol Science, 150 (December) Article No. 105629.
- Huerta-Cardoso O, Durazo-Cardenas I, Merchante-Rodriguez V, Longhurst P, Coulon F & Encinas-Oropesa A (2020) Up-cycling of Agave Tequilana Bagasse-Fibres: a study on the effect of fibre-surface treatments on interfacial bonding and mechanical properties, Results in Materials, 8 (December) Article No. 100158.
- Krishnaswamy S, Abhyankar HA, Marchante V, Huang Z & Brighton JL (2019) Aerogel/epoxy thermal coatings for carbon fibre reinforced plastic substrates, Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology, 33 (6) 579-594.
- Krishnaswamy S, Marchante V, Abhyankar H, Huang Z & Brighton J (2019) Non-isothermal cure kinetics of aerogel/epoxy composites using differential scanning calorimetry, Polymer-Plastics Technology and Engineering, 58 (16) 1757-1765.
- Krishnaswamy S, Bhattacharyya D, Abhyankar H, Marchante V, Huang Z & Brighton J (2019) Morphological, optical and thermal characterisation of aerogel-epoxy composites for enhanced thermal insulation, Journal of Composite Materials, 53 (7) 909-923.
- Krishnaswamy S, Tinsley L, Marchante V, Addepalli S, Huang Z & Abhyankar H (2018) Effect of extrusion and compression moulding on the thermal properties of nylon-6/silica aerogel composites, Journal of Thermoplastic Composite Materials, 31 (7) 992-1009. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.4299254
- Dubey SP, Thakur VK, Krishnaswamy S, Abhyankar HA, Marchante V & Brighton JL (2017) Progress in environmental-friendly polymer nanocomposite material from PLA: synthesis, processing and applications, Vacuum, 146 655-663.
- Dubey DP, Abhyankar HA, Marchante V, Brighton JL, Blackburn K, Temple C, Bergmann B, Trinh G & David C (2016) Modelling and validation of synthesis of poly lactic acid using an alternative energy source through a continuous reactive extrusion process, Polymers, 8 (4) Article No. 164.
- Gendre L, Marchante Rodriguez V, Abhyankar H, Blackburn D, Temple C & Brighton J (2016) Development of CNC prototype for the characterization of the nanoparticle release during physical manipulation of nanocomposites, Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part A: Toxic Hazardous Substances and Environmental Engineering, 51 (6) 459-501.
- Dubey SP, Abhyankar HA, Marchante V, Brighton JL & Blackburn K (2016) Chronological review of the catalytic progress of polylactic acid formation through ring opening polymerization, International Research Journal of Pure and Applied Chemistry, 12 (3) Article No. IRJPAC.27469 1-20.
- Dubey S, Abhyankar H, Marchante Rodriguez V, Brighton J & Bergmann B (2015) Mathematical Modeling for Continuous Reactive Extrusion of Poly Lactic Acid formation by Ring Opening Polymerization Considering Metal/Organic Catalyst and Alternative Energies, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, International Journal of Chemical, Molecular, Nuclear, Materials and Metallurgical Engineering, 9 (2) 298-302.
- Gendre L, Marchante Rodriguez V, Abhyankar H, Blackburn K & Brighton JL (2015) Measurement of nanoparticles release during drilling of polymer nanocomposites, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 617 Article No. 012027.
- Beltran MI, Benavente V, Marchante V, Dema H & Marcilla A (2014) Characterisation of montmorillonites simultaneously modified with an organic dye and an ammonium salt at different dye/salt ratios. Properties of these modified montmorillonites EVA nanocomposites, Applied Clay Science, 97-98 43-52.
- Gendre L, Blackburn K, Brighton J, Marchante Rodriguez V & Abhyankar H (2014) Nanomaterials Life Cycle Analysis: Health and Safety Practices, Standards and Regulations - Past,Present and Future Perspective, International Research Journal of Pure and Applied Chemistry, 5 (3) 208-228.
- Marchante V, Marcilla A & Beltran MI (2013) Nanoclay-based Pigments: synthesis, characterization and application, NanoProduct Review Journal, 2 Article No. 201304.
- Marchante V, Marcilla A, Benavente V, Martinez-Verdu FM & Beltran MI (2013) Linear low-density polyethylene colored with a nanoclay-based pigment: Morphology and mechanical, thermal, and colorimetric properties, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 129 (5) 2716-2726.
- Marchante V, Benavente V, Marcilla A, Martinez-Verdu FM & Beltran MI (2013) Ethylene Vinyl Acetate/Nanoclay-Based Pigment Composites: Morphology, Rheology, and Mechanical, Thermal, and Colorimetric Properties, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 130 (4) 2987-2994.
- Beltrán MI, Benavente V, Marchante V & Marcilla A (2013) The influence of surfactant loading level in a montmorillonite on the thermal, mechanical and rheological properties of EVA nanocomposites, Applied Clay Science, 83-84 153-161.
- Rodríguez VM, Martínez-Verdú FM, Rico MIB & Gomis AM (2012) Mechanical, thermal and colorimetric properties of LLDPE coloured with a blue nanopigment and conventional blue pigments, Pigment and Resin Technology, 41 (5) 263-269.
- Marchante V & Beltran M (2015) Montmorillonite Polyethylene Nanocomposites. In: Polyethylene-Based Blends, Composites and Nanocomposites. Visakh P.M., Maria Jose Martinez Morlanes (ed.), Hoboken (New Jersey), Salem (Massachusetts): Scrivener Publishing LLC and John Wiley & Sons, Inc., p. 257-280.
- Njuguna J, Ansari, F, Sachse S, Zhu H & Marchante Rodriguez V (2014) Nanomaterials, nanofillers, and nanocomposites: types and properties. In: Health and environmental safety of nanomaterials: polymer nancomposites and other materials containing nanoparticles, Cambridge, UK.: Elsevier, Woodhead Publishing, p. 3-27.