Contact Dr Tosin Adedipe
Areas of expertise
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Energy Asset Management
- Oil and Gas
- Renewable Energy
- Safety, Resilience, Risk & Reliability
Dr Tosin Adedipe is a Technical Project Manager at Cranfield University.
Tosin completed a PhD in Energy and Power at Cranfield University, focusing on offshore energy asset management. She held a Research Assistant role in the Cranfield University Energy and Power Department during this time.
Tosin completed her BEng in Petroleum Engineering from Covenant University, Nigeria. She held positions as an Offshore Gas Export Intern and a Project Associate (Junior Strategy Consultant in Extractive Industry and Manufacturing Projects). She completed an MSc in Offshore and Ocean Technology at Cranfield University, with a thesis on waxing process simulation in offshore pipelines under phase inversion conditions with OLGA software.
Dr Tosin Adedipe is the Technical Project Manager of the £9m HyPER Phase 2 project for hydrogen production and CO2 capture technology scale-up and the £250k Bio-HyPER Phase 1 project - both funded by the Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) at Cranfield University. Her project management experience has ranged from energy research and net-zero projects, energy (oil and gas) operations and consulting. With a focus on renewable energy asset and decarbonisation project management, her most recent research projects have been in hydrogen and CO2 capture technology development, offshore wind energy asset decommissioning costs & risk management.
Dr Adedipe won the Women’s Engineering Society (WES) Top 50 Women in Engineering award in 2022 and has published six peer-reviewed research articles in her early research career. At Cranfield University, she lectures on the Risk and Reliability Engineering module. She is a Member of the Institute of Engineering Technology (IET) and Project Management Institute (PMI) and an Associate Member of the Association of Project Management (APM) and Energy Institute (EI), currently working towards engineering chartership (CEng) and project management professional qualification (PMP).
Articles In Journals
- Shafiee M & Adedipe T (2023) A Bayesian network model for the probabilistic safety assessment of offshore wind decommissioning, Wind Engineering, 47 (1) 104-125.
- Shafiee M & Adedipe T (2022) Offshore wind decommissioning: an assessment of the risk of operations, International Journal of Sustainable Energy, 41 (8) 1057-1083.
- Elusakin T, Shafiee M, Adedipe T & Dinmohammadi F (2021) A stochastic petri net model for O&M planning of floating offshore wind turbines, Energies, 14 (4) Article No. 1134.
- Adedipe T & Shafiee M (2021) An economic assessment framework for decommissioning of offshore wind farms using a cost breakdown structure, International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment, 26 (February) 344-370.
- Adedipe T, Shafiee M & Zio E (2020) Bayesian network modelling for the wind energy industry: an overview, Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 202 (October) Article No. 107053.