Areas of expertise
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
Dr Teschner is an experienced aerospace and software engineer working in the field of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), with a strong research focus on novel CFD algorithms and high-performance computing. He received his BEng in Aerospace Engineering from the Hamburg University of Applied Sciences (Germany) and the University of Seville (Spain), along with his MSc in Computational Fluid Dynamics and PhD in Aerospace from Cranfield University.
Dr Teschner has been awarded the Erich Becker scholarship for his contribution to the aerospace industry, as well as the Lord Kings Norton prize for his academic achievements.
He joined Cranfield as a Lecturer in Computational Fluid Dynamics where he is currently developing the digital wind tunnel. Before joining Cranfield, Dr Teschner was working at the German Aerospace Center (DLR) on the high-resolution discontinuous Galerkin (DG) method for aeronautical applications in collaboration with Onera and Airbus.
I am welcoming applications for doctoral research positions in the field of CFD, especially in the area of incompressible flows, high-resolution methods, high-performance computing, particle-based methods and grid generation. Please get in contact if you are interested in pursuing a doctorate in this area.
Articles In Journals
- Teschner T-R, Könözsy L & Jenkins KW (2019) A generalised and low-dissipative multi-directional characteristics-based scheme with inclusion of the local Riemann problem investigating incompressible flows without free-surfaces, Computer Physics Communications, 239 (June) 283-310.
- Teschner TR, Könözsy L & Jenkins KW (2018) Predicting non-linear flow phenomena through different characteristics-based schemes, Aerospace, 5 (1) Article No. 22.
- Teschner TR, Könözsy L & Jenkins KW (2016) Progress in particle-based multiscale and hybrid methods for flow applications, Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 20 (4) Article No. 68.
- Figueroa-González A, Oliveira J, Teschner T-R, Könözsy L, Moulitsas I & Jenkins KW (2018) Validation of an in-house lattice Boltzmann solver for a multiphase flow application. In: 6th European Conference on Computational Mechanics (ECCM 6) and 7th European Conference on Computational Fluid Dynamics (ECFD 7), Glasgow, 11-15 June 2018.
- Teschner TR, Könözsy L & Jenkins KW (2017) A Three-Stage Algorithm for Solving Incompressible Flow Problems. In: MultiScience - XXXI. microCAD :International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference, Miskolc, 20-21 April 2017.
- Józsa T, Szoke M, Teschner T, Könözsy L & Moulitsas I (2016) Validation and verification of a 2D lattice Boltzmann solver for incompressible fluid flow. In: ECCOMAS Congress 2016, 7th European Congress on Computational Methods in Applied Sciences and Engineering, Crete, 5-10 June 2016.
- Teschner T-R, Könözsy L & Jenkins KW (2016) Numerical investigation of an incompressible flow over a backward facing step using a unified fractional step, artificial compressibility and pressure projection (ESAC-PP) method. In: microCAD International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference, 2016, Miskolc, 21-22 April 2016.