Contact Dr Taufiq Asyhari
- Email: A.Asyhari@cranfield.ac.uk
Areas of expertise
Dr Taufiq Asyhari is a Lecturer in Networks and Communications in the Centre for Electronic Warfare, Information and Cyber, Cranfield University, UK since February 2017. Previously, he held positions at the University of Bradford (School of EECS), National Chiao Tung University (MIRC and Department of ECE), and Bell Laboratories - Alcatel-Lucent, Germany. He also held visiting appointments at the University of Stuttgart--Institute of Telecommunications and National Chiao Tung University--Information Theory Lab. He spent his doctoral study at the University of Cambridge, UK where he was affiliated to Trinity Hall, and received the PhD degree in Information Theory in 2012.
Dr Asyhari is an Associate Editor of IEEE Access and a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA), UK. He has published over 15 research articles in top-tier IEEE journals and conferences. His research work received the Best Paper Award at the 2014 International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems (ISWCS) jointly awarded by IEEE, EURASIP and CTTC. He has served as Technical Programme Committee and Session Chair in a number of international conferences, and has been frequently invited to review articles in leading journals and conferences. He has also given talks on his research (keynote speech, Guest lecture, Invited seminars) in various institutions worldwide.
My research interests are in the area of information theory, communication and coding theory, and signal processing techniques with applications to wireless and nano molecular networks. My current research encompasses the following topics:
- MIMO wireless communications
- Nano-molecular communications, error-correcting codes and capacity analysis
- Communication techniques for Internet-of-Things (IoT)
- Channel modelling and estimation for mobile wireless networks
- Throughput-reliability-security trade-offs in wireless networks
- Information theory for Big Data and its applications
- E. Chuku (PhD, University of Bradford): Performance-security trade-off in cognitive radio networks
- B. Modu (PhD, University of Bradford): Analytical modelling and data analytics for malaria transmission
I am always looking for motivated students with strong background in one or more of the following areas: mathematics, communications, networks, programming and simulation. If you are interested in doing PhD with me in the topics of my research interests, please send me an e-mail with your CV.
Articles In Journals
- Rahman MA, Asyhari AT, Bhuiyan MZA, Salih QM & Zamli KZB (2018) L-CAQ: Joint Link-Oriented Channel-Availability and Channel-Quality Based Channel Selection for Mobile Cognitive Radio Networks, Journal of Network and Computer Applications, 113 (July) 26-35.
- Asyhari AT & ten Brink S (2017) Orthogonal or superimposed pilots? A rate-efficient channel estimation strategy for stationary MIMO fading channels, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 16 (5) 2776-2789.
- Qiu S, Asyhari T, Guo W, Wang S, Li B, Zhao C & Leeson M (2017) Molecular Channel Fading due to Diffusivity Fluctuations, IEEE Communications Letters, 21 (3) 676-679.
- Azad S, Rahman A, Asyhari AT & Pathan AK (2017) Crowd Associated Network: Exploiting over Smart Garbage Management System, IEEE Communications Magazine, 55 (7) 186-192.
- Haselmayr W, Aejaz SMH, Asyhari AT, Springer A & Guo W (2017) Transposition errors in diffusion-based mobile molecular communication, IEEE Communications Letters, Early Online (99).
- Modu B, Polovina N, Lan Y, Konur S, Asyhari AT & Peng Y (2017) Towards a Predictive Analytics-Based Intelligent Malaria Outbreak Warning System, Applied Sciences, 7 (8).
- Guo W, Asyhari T, Farsad N, Yilmaz HB, Li B, Eckford A & Chae CB (2016) Molecular Communications: Channel Model and Physical Layer Techniques, IEEE Wireless Communications, 23 (4) 120-127.
- Asyhari A & Guillén i Fàbregas A (2014) MIMO Block-Fading Channels With Mismatched CSI, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 60 (11) 7166-7185.
- Asyhari AT & Guillén i Fàbregas A (2012) Nearest Neighbor Decoding in MIMO Block-Fading Channels With Imperfect CSIR, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 58 (3) 1483-1517.
- Rahman MA, Hasan MM, Asyhari AT & Bhuiyan MZA (2018) A 3D-collaborative wireless network: towards resilient communication for rescuing flood victims. In: The 15th IEEE International Conference on Dependable, Autonomic and Secure Computing (DASC 2017), Orlando, Florida, 6-10 November 2017.
- Modu B, Asyhari AT, Konur S & Peng Y (2017) An Assessment on the Hidden Ecological Factors of the Incidence of Malaria. In: IS4SI 2017 Summit DIGITALISATION FOR A SUSTAINABLE SOCIETY, Gothenburg, 12-16 June 2017.
- Modu B, Asyhari AT & Peng Y (2016) Data Analytics of Climatic Factor Influence on the Impact of Malaria Incidence. In: 2016 IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (SSCI), Athens, 6-9 December 2016.
- Qiu S, Asyhari T & Guo W (2016) Mobile Molecular Communications: Positional-Distance Codes. In: 2016 IEEE 17th International Workshop on Signal Processing Advances in Wireless Communications (SPAWC), Edinburgh, 3-6 July 2016.
- Asyhari AT & ten Brink S (2014) Channel Estimation for Stationary Fading Channels: Orthogonal versus Superimposed Pilots. In: 2014 11th International Symposium on Wireless Communications Systems (ISWCS), Barcelona, 26-29 August 2014.
- Asyhari AT & Guillén i FàbregasA (2013) GMI and Mismatched-CSI Outage Exponents in MIMO Block-Fading Channels. In: 2013 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, Istanbul, 7-12 July 2013.
- Asyhari AT & Guillén i Fàbregas A (2011) Mismatched CSI Outage Exponents of Block-Fading Channels. In: 2011 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, Saint Petersburg, 31 July - 5 August 2011.
- Asyhari AT, Koch T & Guillén i Fàbregas A (2011) Nearest Neighbour Decoding and Pilot-Aided Channel Estimation in Stationary Gaussian Flat-Fading Channels. In: 2011 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, Saint Petersburg, 31 July - 5 August 2011.
- Asyhari AT, Koch T & Guillén i Fàbregas A (2011) Nearest Neighbour Decoding with Pilot-Assisted Channel Estimation for Fading Multiple-Access Channels. In: 2011 49th Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing (Allerton), Monticello, Illinois, 28-30 September 2011.
- Asyhari AT & Guillén i Fàbregas A (2010) MIMO Block-Fading Channels with Mismatched CSIR. In: 2010 International Symposium On Information Theory & Its Applications, Taichung, 17 October 2010 - 20 October 2017.
- Asyhari AT & Guillén i Fàbregas A (2010) Coding for the MIMO ARQ Block-Fading Channel with Imperfect Feedback and CSIR. In: 2010 IEEE Information Theory Workshop, Dublin, 30 August - 3 September 2010.
- Asyhari AT & Guillén i Fàbregas A (2009) Nearest Neighbour Decoding in Block-Fading Channels with Imperfect CSIR. In: 2009 IEEE Information Theory Workshop, Taormina, Sicily, 11-16 October 2009.
- Asyhari AT, Oh SW, Li KH & Teh KC (2007) Adaptive Window Length Estimation for Channel Estimation in CDMA Receivers. In: 2007 IEEE 18th International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, Athens, 3 September 2007 - 7 September 2009.
- Asyhari AT, Win HH, Hoang AT, Tao M & Liang YC (2007) Applying Generalized Cμ-rule Scheduling for Resource Allocation in OFDMA Systems. In: 2006 10th IEEE International Conference on Communication Systems, Singapore, 30 October - 1 November 2006.