Contact Dr Sandeep Jagtap
Dr Sandeep Jagtap is a Lecturer in Smart and Green manufacturing at Sustainable Manufacturing Systems Centre, School of Aerospace, Transport and Manufacturing. He worked as a Lecturer in Food and Drink Supply Chain Management at National Centre for Food Manufacturing, University of Lincoln. He has over 15 years of combined experience within academics and industry.
Dr Jagtap holds a PhD in Sustainable Food Supply Chain Management from Loughborough University, UK, which was sponsored by EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Food. He holds a B.Tech in Food Technology from North Maharashtra University, India; a Master’s Degree in Bio-Food Technology from Lund University in Sweden; and an MBA from the University of Applied Sciences - Stralsund, Germany.
Dr Jagtap serves on the Editorial Advisory Board for the British Food Journal. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Food Science and Technology (FIFST) and Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
- Sustainable Manufacturing
- Industry 4.0 Applications - IoT, Big Data, 3D Printing, Augmented Reality
- Circular Economy
Dr Jagtap is keen on collaborating with academics and practitioners in the area of sustainability and Industry 4.0 applications. He is also interested in supervising PhD students and assisting Post-doctoral candidates. Please email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles In Journals
- Trollman H, Jagtap S, Garcia-Garcia G, Harastani R, Colwill J & Trollman F (2021) COVID-19 demand-induced scarcity effects on nutrition and environment: investigating mitigation strategies for eggs and wheat flour in the United Kingdom, Sustainable Production and Consumption, 27 (July) 1255-1272.
- Jagtap S, Garcia-Garcia G & Rahimifard S (2021) Optimisation of the resource efficiency of food manufacturing via the Internet of Things, Computers in Industry, 127 (May) Article No. 103397.
- Jagtap S, Saxena P & Salonitis K (2021) Food 4.0: implementation of the augmented reality systems in the food industry, Procedia CIRP, 104 1137-1142.
- Garcia-Garcia G & Jagtap S (2021) Enhancement of a spent irrigation water recycling process: a case study in a food business, Applied Sciences, 11 (21) Article No. 10355.
- Garcia-Garcia G, Coulthard G, Jagtap S, Afy-Shararah M, Patsavellas J & Salonitis K (2021) Business process re-engineering to digitalise quality control checks for reducing physical waste and resource use in a food company, Sustainability, 13 (22) Article No. 12341.
- Trollman H, Colwill J & Jagtap S (2021) A circularity indicator tool for measuring the ecological embeddedness of manufacturing, Sustainability, 13 (16) Article No. 8773.
- Jagtap S, Garcia-Garcia G, Duong L, Swainson M & Martindale W (2021) Codesign of food system and circular economy approaches for the development of livestock feeds from insect larvae, Foods, 10 (8) Article No. 1701.
- Jagtap S, Skouteris G, Choudhari V, Rahimifard S & Nguyen Khanh Duong L (2021) An Internet of Things approach for water efficiency: a case study of the beverage factory, Sustainability, 13 (6) Article No. 3343.
- Duong LNK, Al-Fadhli, M, Jagtap S, Bader F, Martindale W, Swainson M & Paoli A (2020) A review of robotics and autonomous systems in the food industry: from the supply chains perspective, Trends in Food Science and Technology, 106 (December) 355-364.
- Jagtap S, Bader F, Garcia-Garcia G, Trollman H, Fadiji T & Salonitis K (2020) Food logistics 4.0: opportunities and challenges, Logistics, 5 (1) Article No. 2.
- Jagtap S & Rahimifard S (2019) The digitisation of food manufacturing to reduce waste – case study of a ready meal factory, Waste Management, 87 (March) 387-397.
- Jagtap S, Bhatt C, Thik J & Rahimifard S (2019) Monitoring potato waste in food manufacturing using image processing and Internet of Things approach, Sustainability, 11 (11) Article No. 3173.
- Jagtap S & Duong LNK (2019) Improving the new product development using big data: a case study of a food company, British Food Journal, 121 (11) 2835-2848.
- Jagtap S, Rahimifard S & Duong LNK (2019) Real‐time data collection to improve energy efficiency: A case study of food manufacturer, Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, Available online 11 December 2019 Article No. e14338.
- Almanei M, Oleghe O, Jagtap S & Salonitis K (2021) Machine learning algorithms comparison for manufacturing applications. In: Advances in Manufacturing Technology XXXIV, Derby, 7-10 September 2021.
- Jagtap S, Skouteris G, Choudhari V & Rahimifard S (2018) Improving water efficiency in the beverage industry with the Internet of Things. In: IEEE International Conference On Emerging Trends in Engineering, Science, and Technology, Changa, 14-15 December 2018.
- Jagtap S & Rahimifard S (2018) Real-time data collection to improve energy efficiency in food manufacturing. In: International Congress on Organizational Management, Energy Efficiency and Occupational Health and Safety in Agrifood Industry (+agro 2018), Castel Branco, 3-4 October 2018.
- Rahimifard S, Woolley E, Webb DP, Garcia-Garcia G, Stone J, Jellil A, Gimenez-Escalante P, Jagtap S, Trollman & H (2017) Forging new frontiers in sustainable food manufacturing. In: 4th International Conference on Sustainable Design and Manufacturing (SDM 2017), Bologna, 26-28 April 2017.
- Jagtap S & Rahimifard S (2017) Utilization of Internet of Things to improve resource efficiency of food supply chains. In: HAICTA 2017: 8th International Conference on Information & Communication Technologies in Agriculture, Food and Environment, Chania, 21-24 September 2017.
- Martindale W, Duong L, Jagtap S & Swainson M (2022) Food industry 4.0: unlocking advancement opportunities in the food manufacturing sector. Wallingford: CABI.
- Jagtap S, Skouteris G, Choudhari V & Rahimifard S (2022) Improving water efficiency in the beverage industry with the internet of things. In: Implementing data analytics and architectures for next generation wireless communications, Hershey, PA: IGI Global, p. 18-26.
- Jagtap S, Duong L, Trollman H, Bader F, Garcia-Garcia G, Skouteris G, Li J, Pathare P, Martindale W, Swainson M & Rahimifard S (2021) IoT technologies in the food supply chain. In: Food technology disruptions, London: Academic Press, p. 175-211.
- Bader F & Jagtap S (2019) Internet of things-linked wearable devices for managing food safety in the healthcare sector. In: Wearable and Implantable Medical Devices Applications and Challenges Volume 7 in Advances in ubiquitous sensing applications for healthcare, Academic Press, p. 229-253.
- Patrhare PB, Roskilly AP & Jagtap S. (2019) Energy efficiency in meat processing. In: Novel Technologies and Systems for Food Preservation, IGI Global, p. 78-107.
- Jagtap S & Rahimifard S (2019) Unlocking the potential of the Internet of Things to improve resource efficiency in food supply chains. In: Innovative Approaches and Applications for Sustainable Rural Development, Cham: Springer, p. 287-301.