Contact Dr Saba Al-Rubaye
Areas of expertise
- Autonomous Systems
- Communications Systems
- Electric and Hybrid Vehicles
- Industrial Automation
- Safety, Resilience, Risk & Reliability
- Systems Engineering
- Vehicle Health Management
Dr. Saba Al-Rubaye, Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor), School of Aerospace, Transport and Manufacturing at Cranfield University. She has more than 17 years of professional experience in the industry and academia with demonstrated track record of launching innovative solutions in design, testing, consultation, leadership, and program development. Dr. Al-Rubaye has led and managed several research/industrial projects from conception to completion in Canada and USA. She has been instrumental for setting up the hardware in the loop testbed in control and communications for system integration and testing projects at Quanta’s Sustainable Technology Integration Laboratory (QT-STIL) in Toronto, Canada. Before that she was, a senior researcher at Ryerson University, Canada and postdoctoral fellow in smart grid communications at Stony Brook University, USA. Dr. Al-Rubaye received her Ph.D. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Brunel University London. She is participating in developing industry standards by being an active research group member of IEEE P2784 Standard of Technology and Process Framework for Planning a Smart City, IEEE P1932.1 standard of License/unlicensed Interoperability and IEEE P1920.2, Standard for Vehicle to Vehicle Communications for Unmanned Aircraft Systems. Dr. Al-Rubaye has published many papers in IEEE journals and conferences and a recipient of the best technical paper award twice published in IEEE Vehicular Technology in 2011 and 2015, respectively. Dr. Al-Rubaye registered as a Chartered Engineer (CEng) by British Engineering Council and recognized as Associate Fellow of the British Higher Education Academy (AFHEA) in the UK, a member of the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET), and Senior Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
Dr. Al-Rubaye has many years of industry experience in modelling, simulation, testing, engineering methods, design tools and system engineering applications. Her research focusing on all the aspects of which addresses the new generation of emerging technology and integration capabilities within the dynamics of autonomous and system connectivity including:
- Autonomous Vehicle Systems
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- System Connectivity & Networking
- Automation & Artificial Intelligent
- 5G Systems and Beyond
- Digital System & Security
- Industrial Internet of Things
I'm always looking for highly motivated graduate students who are interested in pursuing PhD. Prospective students should send me an email with their CV including their interest areas and academic credentials.
MSc Teaching & Industrial Advanced Training
- Jaguar Land Rover
Articles In Journals
- Al-Rubaye S, Rodriguez J, Al-Dulaimi A, Mumtaz S & Rodrigues JPC (2019) Enabling digital grid for industrial revolution: self-healing cyber resilient platform, IEEE Network, 33 (5) 219-225.
- Busari SA, Haq KMS, Mumtaz S, Rodriguez J, Fang Y, Sicker DC, Al-Rubaye S & Tsourdos A (2019) Generalized hybrid beamforming for vehicular connectivity using THz massive MIMO, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 68 (9) 8372-8383.
- Tahira Z, Asif HM, Khan AA, Baig S, Mumtaz S & Al-Rubaye S (2019) Optimization of non-orthogonal multiple access based visible light communication systems, IEEE Communications Letters, 23 (8) 1365-1368.
- Al-Rubaye S, Al-Dulaimi A & Ni Q (2019) Power interchange analysis for reliable vehicle-to-grid connectivity, IEEE Communications Magazine, 57 (8) 105-111.
- Al-Dulaimi A, Mumtaz S, Al-Rubaye, S, Zhang S & Chin-Lin I (2019) A framework of network connectivity management in multi-clouds infrastructure, IEEE Wireless Communications, 26 (3) 104-110.
- Al-Rubaye S, Rodriguez J, Zanotti Fragonara L, Theron P & Tsourdos A (2019) Unleash narrowband technologies for industrial Internet of Things services, IEEE Network, 33 (4) 16-22.
- Zhao L, Li X, Gu B, Zhou Z, Mumtaz S, Frascolla V, Gacanin H, Ashraf MI, Rodrihuez J, Yang M & Al-Rubaye S (2018) Vehicular communications: Standardization and open issues, IEEE Communications Standards, 2 (4) 74-80.
- Al-Rubaye S, Al-Dulaimi A, Mumtaz S & Rodriguez J (2018) Dynamic pricing mechanism in smart grid communications is shaping up, IEEE Communications Letters, 22 (7).
- Busari SA, Mumtaz S, Al-Rubaye S & Rodriguez J (2018) 5G millimeter-wave mobile broadband: Performance and challenges, IEEE Communications Magazine, 56 (6) 137-143.
- Al-Rubaye S, Al-Dulaimi A, Cosmas J & Anpalagan A (2018) Call admission control for non-standalone 5G ultra-dense networks, IEEE Communications Letters, 22 (5) 1058-1061.
- Li S, Ni Q, Sun Y, Min G & Al-Rubaye S (2018) Energy-efficient resource allocation for industrial cyber-physical IoT systems in 5G era, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 14 (6) 2618-2628.
- Al-Dulaimi A, Anpalagan A, Al-Rubaye S & Ni Q (2017) Adaptive management of cognitive radio networks employing femtocells, IEEE Systems Journal, 11 (4) 2687-2698.
- Al-Dulaimi A, Al-Rubaye S, Cosmas J & Anpalagan A (2017) Planning of ultra-dense wireless networks, IEEE Network, 31 (2) 90-96.
- Al-Rubaye S & Aulin J (2017) Grid modernization enabled by SDN controllers: Leveraging interoperability for accessing unlicensed band, IEEE Wireless Communications, 24 (5) 60-67.
- Al-Rubaye S, Kadhum E, Ni Q & Anpalagan A (2017) Industrial internet of things driven by SDN platform for smart grid resiliency, IEEE Internet of Things, Early online (1).
- Al-Dulaimi A, Al-Rubaye S & Ni Q (2016) Energy Efficiency using Cloud Management of LTE Networks Employing Fronthaul and Virtualized Baseband Processing Pool, IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, Early online (2).
- Al-Dulaimi A, Al-Rubaye S, Ni Q & Sousa E (2015) 5G communications race: Pursuit of more capacity triggers LTE in unlicensed band, IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine, 10 (1) 43-51.
- Al-Rubaye S, Al-Dulaimi A & Cosmas J (2011) Cognitive femtocell, IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine, 6 (1) 44-51.
- Al-Rubaye S, Al-Dulaimi A & Cosmas J (2017) Spectrum allocation techniques for industrial smart grid infrastructure. In: 2016 IEEE 14th International Conference on Industrial Informatics (INDIN), Poitiers, 19-21 July 2016.
- Al-Rubaye S & Choi B (2016) Energy load management for residential consumers in smart grid networks. In: 2016 IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics (ICCE), Las Vegas, NV, 7-11 January 2016.
- Le T, Al-Rubaye S, Liang H & Choi B (2015) Dynamic charging and discharging for electric vehicles in microgrids. In: 2015 IEEE International Conference on Communication Workshop, London, 8-12 June 2015.
- Al-Rubaye S & Al-Dulaimi A (2013) Mobility management for LTE based small cell networks. In: 31st Wireless World Research Forum, Vancouver.
- Al-Rubaye S, Al-Dulaimi A & Cosmas J (2011) Pilot power optimization for autonomous femtocell networks. In: 2011 Wireless Advanced, London, 20-22 June 2011.
- Al-Dulaimi A, Al-Rubaye S & Cosmas J (2011) Adaptive congestion control for mobility in cognitive radio networks. In: 2011 Wireless Advanced, London, 20-22 June 2011.
- Alsabbagh H, Mahmood F, Al-Rubaye S & Edwards R (2011) The design of fractal antennas for UWB using MoM. In: 2011 IEEE Loughborough Antennas & Propagation Conference (LAPC), Loughborough, 14-15 November 2011.
- Al-Dulaimi A, Al-Rubaye S & Al-Raweshidy H (2010) Renovate cognitive networks under spectrum unavailability. In: 2010 Sixth Advanced International Conference on Telecommunications, Barcelona, 9-15 May 2010.
- Al-Rubaye S, Al-Dulaimi & Cosmas J (2010) Cognitive femtocells for future internet base on QoS. In: 25th Wireless World Research Forum, London.
- Al-Rubaye S (2010) Green radio over fibre and femtocell access network. In: 25th Wireless World Research Forum, London.
- Al-Dulaimi A, Al-Rubaye S, Al-Raweshidy H, Cosmas J & Loo J (2010) Multi-zones of cognitive to fibre networks. In: Communication Systems, Networks and Digital Signal Processing (CSNDSP 2010), Newcastle, 21-22 July 2010.
- Al-Rubaye S, Al-Dulaimi A, Al-Saeed L, Al-Raweshidy H, Kadhum E & Ismail W (2010) Development of heterogeneous cognitive radio and wireless access network. In: 24th Wireless World Research Forum, Penang Island, 12-14 April 2010.
- Al-Dulaimi A, Al-Rubaye S & Al-Raweshidy H (2010) Radio over fibre transceiver designed for cognitive communications architecture. In: 25th Wireless World Research Forum, London.
- Kadhum E, Ismail W & Al-Rubaye S (2010) Noise analysis based on BERT using hardware in-the-loop co-simulation based FSK transceiver through a hybrid DSP/FPGA platform. In: 25th Wireless World Research Forum, London.
- Kadhum E, Ismail W & Al-Rubaye S (2010) Software digital modems for software defined radio (SDR) using hybrid architecture platform. In: 24th Wireless World Research Forum, Penang Island, 12-14 April 2010.
- Al-Rubaye S & Cosmas J (2018) Provisioning unlicensed LAA interface for smart grid applications. In: 5G Networks: Fundamental Requirements, Enabling Technologies, and Operations Management, Wiley, p. 603-624.
- Al-Rubaye S & Cosmas J (2013) Technical challenges in 4G cognitive femtocell systems. In: Self-Organization and Green Applications in Cognitive Radio Networks, IGI Global, p. 1-25.
- Al-Dulaimi A, Al-Rubaye S & Cosmas J (2012) Adaptive coexistence between cognitive and fiber networks. In: Wireless Multi-Access Environments and Quality of Service Provisioning: Solutions and Application, IGI Global, p. 311-336.
- Al-Rubaye S, Al-Dulaimi A & Cosmas J (2012) Spectrum handover strategies for cognitive femtocell networks. In: Femtocell Communications and Technologies: Business Opportunitie and Deployment Challenges, IGI Global, p. 85-102.