Contact Dr Ruben Sakrabani
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 750111 x2710
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: https://blogs.cranfield.ac.uk/environmental-technology/catching-up-with-dr-ruben-sakrabani
- Google Scholar
Areas of expertise
- Sustainable Land Systems
- Waste Management and Resource Efficiency
- Water Science and Engineering
Dr Ruben Sakrabani obtained his first degree in Chemistry
from the National University of Malaysia. He obtained the prestigious British
High Commissioners Chevening Award to pursue an MSc in Environmental Pollution
Control from University of Leeds. After his MSc, he worked for a year at Earth
Tech Engineering Ltd as an Assistant Environmental Specialist. He then started
his PhD at University of Abertay Dundee and later transferred to University of
Bradford. His PhD work was on contaminated sediments. He has experience in
field and laboratory analysis involving contaminated sediments and hands on
experience operating AAS, HPLC and ion chromatograph. During his PhD, Dr
Sakrabani spent four months at Aalborg University in Denmark developing novel
methods to predict biodegradability of organic matter from combined sewer
sediments. In addition, he was also involved in an EU collaborative project
involving trans-national access to Major Research Infrastructure (MRI) at WL
Delft Hydraulics in the Netherlands. Dr Ruben Sakrabani joined Cranfield in
September 2002 as Lecturer in Soil Chemistry.
MSc by Research in Evaluating the role of biochar derived from carbon capture technology in mitigating greenhouse gas emissions.
Dr Sakrabani has more than 15 years of experience in determining nutrient dynamics in soils associated with application of organic amendments such as compost, manure, slurry, sewage sludge, biochar and digestates. His work explores the resource efficiency and reliability of organic amendments as alternative sources of fertilisers to reduce demand on inorganic fertilisers in order to maximise resource efficiency and promote sustainable intensification of agriculture. As a chemist his expertise also lies in the fate and transport of heavy metals and micropollutants in soils. He has an excellent and extensive track record in projects on biosolids application to land in relation to its use as alternative phosphorus fertiliser. He has published in over 70 peer reviewed journals and is currently the Associate Editor of Soil Use and Management. His work related to sanitation is linked to valorisation of faecal sludge into fertilisers in Madagascar, Malawi, Ghana, Kenya and Haiti. He is also member of the NERC Advisory Network and NERC Peer Review College. Selected examples of projects that he is involved in are :
- Nutrient dynamics and mechanisation of organo-mineral fertilisers derived from sewage sludge
- Renewable sources of phosphorus from sewage sludge and faecal derived fertilisers (developing countries)
- Carbon capture technology into organic waste to be utilised as novel fertilisers
- Use of dry spectral technology as novel approach in fertiliser recommendation
- Mobile phone App technology use in soil nutrient assessment
- Tackling soil fertility in cocoa farms in West Africa and Indonesia
- Tackling reuse of palm oil waste in Malaysia and Nigeria
- Tackling organic sources of fertilisers in tea plantations
- Assessing the balance between greenhouse gas and ammonia emissions from pastures receiving slurry
- Fate and transport of micropollutants (such as personal care products) present in sludge when applied to soil
- Agri-Food Charities
- United Utilities
- Carbon capture technology providers
- Sanitation venture companies in Kenya, Malawi, Ghana, Madagascar
Articles In Journals
- Ramasamy SP, Veeraswamy D, Ettiyagounder P, Arunachalam L, Devaraj SS, Krishna K, Oumabady S & Sakrabani R (2023) New insights into method development and characterization of amorphous silica from wheat straw, Silicon, Available online 22 March 2023.
- Asrat TG, Sakrabani R, Corstanje R, Breure T, Hassall KL, Kebede F & Haefele SM (2023) Spectral soil analysis for fertilizer recommendations by coupling with QUEFTS for maize in East Africa: A sensitivity analysis, Geoderma, 432 (April) Article No. 116397.
- Albano X, Whitmore AP, Sakrabani R, Thomas CL, Sizmur T, Ritz K, Harris J, Pawlett M, Watts C & Haefele SM (2023) Effect of different organic amendments on actual and achievable yields in a cereal-based cropping system, Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science, Available online 27 February 2023.
- Mnthambala F, Tilley E, Tyrrel S & Sakrabani R (2022) Effect of various organic fertilisers on phosphorus mineralisation, use efficiency and maize yield, Resources, 11 (10) Article No. 86.
- Mallory A, Parker A, Hutchings P & Sakrabani R (2022) Why agricultural tools work in theory but aren’t adopted in practice: a grounded theory approach to ICT in Ghana and Kenya, Air, Soil and Water Research, 15.
- Mallory A, Golicz K & Sakrabani R (2022) An analysis of in‐field soil testing and mapping for improving fertiliser decision‐making in vegetable production in Kenya and Ghana, Soil Use and Management, 38 (1) 164-178. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.12687902
- Mnthambala F, Tilley E, Tyrrel S & Sakrabani R (2021) Phosphorus flow analysis for Malawi: Identifying potential sources of renewable phosphorus recovery, Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 173 (October) Article No. 105744. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.14790090
- Golicz K, Sakrabani R & Hallett SH (2021) Novel procedure for testing of soil field test kits involving paper strips, Soil Use and Management, 37 (3) 607-617. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.11193668
- Fungenzi T, Sakrabani R, Burgess P, Lambert S & McMahon P (2021) Medium-term effect of fertilizer, compost, and dolomite on cocoa soil and productivity in Sulawesi, Indonesia, Experimental Agriculture, 57 (3) 185-202. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.14885847
- Barra I, Khiari L, Haefele SM, Sakrabani R & Kebede F (2021) Optimizing setup of scan number in FTIR spectroscopy using the moment distance index and PLS regression: application to soil spectroscopy, Scientific Reports, 11 (1) Article No. 13358.
- Echchelh A, Hess T, Sakrabani R, Prigent S & Stefanakis AI (2021) Towards agro-environmentally sustainable irrigation with treated produced water in hyper-arid environments, Agricultural Water Management, 243 (January) Article No. 106449.
- Barra I, Haefele SM, Sakrabani R & Kebede F (2021) Soil spectroscopy with the use of chemometrics, machine learning and pre-processing techniques in soil diagnosis: recent advances - a review, Trends in Analytical Chemistry, 135 (February) Article No. 116166.
- Ukanwa KS, Patchigolla K & Sakrabani R (2021) Energy and economic assessment of mixed palm residue utilisation for production of activated carbon and ash as fertiliser in agriculture, Environmental Technology, Available online 16 October 2021. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.16698061
- Cooke AL, Simmons RW, Rickson RJ & Sakrabani ER (2021) Efficacy of selected phosphorous sorbing materials (PSMs) to enhance the orthophosphate sorption capacity of filter socks, Water and Environment Journal, 35 (2) 807-818.
- Golicz K, Hallett SH & Sakrabani R (2021) Old problem, the Millennial solution: Using mobile technology to inform decision making for sustainable fertilizer management, Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability, 49 (April) 26-32.
- Li J, Qiu Y, Zhao Q, Chen D, Wu Z, Peng A, Khan Niazi N, Trakal L, Sakrabani R, Gao B, Wang H & Wu W (2020) Lead and copper-induced hormetic effect and toxicity mechanisms in lettuce (Lactuca sativa L.) grown in a contaminated soil, Science of the Total Environment, 741 (November) Article No. 140440.
- D’Agostino D, Borg M, Hallett SH, Sakrabani RS, Thompson A, Papadimitriou L & Knox JW (2020) Multi-stakeholder analysis to improve agricultural water management policy and practice in Malta, Agricultural Water Management, 229 (February) Article No. 105920.
- Echchelh A, Hess T & Sakrabani R (2020) Agro-environmental sustainability and financial cost of reusing gasfield-produced water for agricultural irrigation, Agricultural Water Management, 227 (January) Article No. 105860.
- Ukanwa KS, Patchigolla K, Sakrabani R & Anthony E (2020) Preparation and characterisation of activated carbon from palm mixed waste treated with trona ore, Molecules, 25 (21) Article No. 5028.
- Golicz K, Hallett S, Sakrabani R & Ghosh J (2020) Adapting smartphone app used in water testing, for soil nutrient analysis, Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 175 (August) Article No. 105532. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.9328814
- Anyaoha KE, Sakrabani R, Patchigolla K & Mouazen AM (2020) Co-gasification of oil palm biomass in a pilot scale downdraft gasifier, Energy Reports, 6 (November) 1888-1896.
- Mašková L, Simmons RW, De Baets S, Montero EM, Delmer A & Sakrabani R (2019) Assessment of silt from sand and gravel processing as a suitable sub-soil material in land restoration: a glasshouse study, Chemosphere, 219 (March) 58-65.
- Batista Seguí MD, Tyrrel S, Hess T, Sakrabani R & Knaggs D (2019) Long‐term phosphorus accumulation and removal efficiency in a land‐based wastewater treatment system in the UK, Water and Environment Journal, 33 (4) 589-598.
- Odukoya J, Lambert R & Sakrabani R (2019) Impact of crude oil on yield and phytochemical composition of selected green leafy vegetables, International Journal of Vegetable Science, 25 (6) 554-570.
- Moya B, Parker A, Sakrabani R & Mesa B (2019) Evaluating the efficacy of fertilisers derived from human excreta in agriculture and their perception in Antananarivo, Madagascar, Waste and Biomass Valorization, 10 (4) 941-952.
- Cordovil CM, Pinto R, Silva B, Sas-Paszt L, Sakrabani R & Skiba UM (2019) The impact of woody biochar on microbial processes in conventionally and organically managed arable soils, Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, 50 (12) 1387-1402.
- Golicz K, Hallett SH, Sakrabani R & Pan G (2019) The potential for using smartphones as portable soil nutrient analyzers on suburban farms in central East China, Scientific Reports, 9 Article No. 16424. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.9741578
- Moya B, Parker A & Sakrabani R (2019) Challenges to the use of fertilisers derived from human excreta: The case of vegetable exports from Kenya to Europe and influence of certification systems, Food Policy, 85 (May) 72-78.
- Lord R & Sakrabani R (2019) Ten-year legacy of organic carbon in non-agricultural (brownfield) soils restored using green waste compost exceeds 4 per mille per annum: Benefits and trade-offs of a circular economy approach, Science of the Total Environment, 686 (October) 1057-1068. Dataset/s: 10.17632/sghk25nznz.1
- Longhurst PJ, Tompkins D, Pollard SJT, Hough RL, Chambers B, Gale PG, Tyrrel S, Villa R, Taylor M, Wu S, Sakrabani R, Litterick A, Snary E, Leinster P & Sweet N (2019) Risk assessments for quality-assured, source-segregated composts and anaerobic digestates for a circular bioeconomy in the UK, Environment International, 127 (June) 253-266. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.7862024.v1
- Ukanwa K, Patchigolla K, Sakrabani R, Anthony B & Mandavgane S (2019) A review of chemicals to produce activated carbon from agricultural waste biomass, Sustainability, 11 (22) Article No. 6204.
- Truckell IG, Shah SH, Baillie IC, Hallett SH & Sakrabani R (2019) Soil and transport factors in potential distribution systems for biofertilisers derived from palm oil mill residues in Malaysia, Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 166 (November) Article No. 105005.
- Papadimitriou L, D’Agostino D, Borg M, Hallett S, Sakrabani R, Thompson A & Knox J (2019) Developing a water strategy for sustainable irrigated agriculture in Mediterranean island communities – Insights from Malta, Outlook On Agriculture, 48 (2) 143-151.
- Echchelh A, Hess T, Sakrabani R, Miguel de Paz J & Visconti F (2019) Assessing the environmental sustainability of irrigation with oil and gas produced water in drylands, Agricultural Water Management, 223 (August) Article No. 105694.
- Odukoya J, Lambert R & Sakrabani R (2019) Understanding the impacts of crude oil and its induced abiotic stresses on agrifood production: a review, Horticulturae, 5 (2) Article No. 47.
- Leip A, Ledgard S, Uwizeye A, Palhares JC, Aller MF, Amon B, Binder M, Cordovil CM, De Camillis C, Dong H, Fusi A, Helin J, Hörtenhuber S, Hristov AN, Koelsch R, Liu C, Masso C, Nkongolo NV, Patra AK, Redding MR, Rufino MC, Sakrabani R, Thoma G, Vertès F & Wang Y (2019) The value of manure - Manure as co-product in life cycle assessment, Journal of Environmental Management, 241 (July) 293-304.
- Moya B, Sakrabani R & Parker A (2019) Realizing the circular economy for sanitation: assessing enabling conditions and barriers to the commercialization of human excreta derived fertilizer in Haiti and Kenya, Sustainability, 11 (11) Article No. 3154.
- Rosmana A, Sakrabani R, Sjam S, Nasaruddin N, Asman A & Pandin BY (2019) Plant residue based-composts applied in combination with Trichoderma asperellum improve cacao seedling growth in soil derived from nickel mine area, Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences, The, 29 (1) 291-298.
- Echchelh A, Hess T & Sakrabani R (2018) Reusing oil and gas produced water for irrigation of food crops in drylands, Agricultural Water Management, 206 (July) 124-134.
- Anyaoha KE, Sakrabani R, Patchigolla K & Mouazen AM (2018) Evaluating oil palm fresh fruit bunch processing in Nigeria, Waste Management and Research, 36 (3) 236-246.
- Anyaoha KE, Sakrabani R, Patchigolla K & Mouazen AM (2018) Critical evaluation of oil palm fresh fruit bunch solid wastes as soil amendments: Prospects and challenges, Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 136 (September) 399-409.
- Sakrabani R & Hollis J (2018) Evaluating changes in soil organic matter with climate using CENTURY in England and Wales, Journal of Environmental Quality, 47 (4) 695-703.
- Wadsworth R, Hallett S & Sakrabani R (2018) Phosphate acceptance map: A novel approach to match phosphorus content of biosolids with land and crop requirements, Agricultural Systems, 166 (October) 57-69.
- Hallett SH, Sakrabani R, Keay CA & Hannam JA (2017) Developments in land information systems: examples demonstrating land resource management capabilities and options, Soil Use and Management, 33 (4) 514-529.
- Antille DL, Godwin RJ, Sakrabani R, Seneweera S, Tyrrel SF & Johnston AE (2017) Field-scale evaluation of biosolids-derived organomineral fertilizers applied to winter wheat in England, Agronomy Journal, 109 (2) 654-674.
- Seguí MD, Hess T, Sakrabani R & Tyrrel S (2017) Long-term phosphorus removal in land treatment systems: Evaluation, experiences, and opportunities, Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology, 47 (5) 314-334.
- Verheijen FG, Mankasingh U, Penizek V, Panzacchi P, Glaser B, Jeffery S, Bastos AC, Tammeorg P, Kern J, Zavalloni C, Zanchettin G & Sakrabani R (2017) Representativeness of European biochar research: part I–field experiments, Journal of Environmental Engineering and Landscape Management, 25 (2) 140-151.
- Sakrabani R, Kern J, Mankasingh U, Zavalloni C, Zanchettin G, Bastos AC, Tammeorg P, Jeffery S, Glaser B & Verheijen FG (2017) Representativeness of European biochar research: part II–pot and laboratory studies, Journal of Environmental Engineering and Landscape Management, 25 (2) 152-159.
- Kern J, Tammeorg P, Shanskiy M, Sakrabani R, Knicker H, Kammann C, Tuhkanen E-M, Smidt G, Prasad M, Tiilikkala K, Sohi S, Gascó G, Steiner C & Glaser B (2017) Synergistic use of peat and charred material in growing media – an option to reduce the pressure on peatlands?, Journal of Environmental Engineering and Landscape Management, 25 (2) 160-174.
- Hallett SH, Sakrabani R, Thompson AJ, Deeks LK & Knox JW (2017) Improving soil and water management for agriculture: insights and innovation from Malta, MCAST Journal of Applied Research and Practice, 1 40-59.
- Charlton A, Sakrabani R, Tyrrel S, Rivas Casado M, McGrath SP, Crooks B, Cooper P & Campbell CD (2016) Long-term impact of sewage sludge application on soil microbial biomass: an evaluation using meta-analysis, Environmental Pollution, 219 (December) 1021-1035.
- Bachmann H, Bucheli T, Dieguez-Alonso A, Fabbri D, Knicker H, Schmidt H, Ulbricht A, Becker R, Buscaroli A, Buerge D, Cross A, Dickinson D, Enders A, Esteves V, Evangelou M, Fellet G, Friedrich K, Gasco Guerrero G, Glaser B, Hanke U, Hanley K, Hilber I, Kalderis D, Leifeld J, Masek O, Mumme J, Carmona M, Calvelo Pereira R, Rees F, Rombolà A, De La Rosa J, Sakrabani R, Sohi S, Soja G, Valagussa M, Verheijen F & Zehetner F (2016) Toward the Standardization of Biochar Analysis: The COST Action TD1107 Interlaboratory Comparison, Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 64 (2) 513-527.
- Charlton A, Sakrabani R, McGrath SP & Campbell CD (2016) Long-term impact of sewage sludge application on rhizobium leguminosarum biovar trifolii: an evaluation using meta-analysis, Journal of Environmental Quality, 45 (5) 1572-1587.
- Rickson RJ, Deeks LK, Graves A, Harris JAH, Kibblewhite MG & Sakrabani R (2015) Input constraints to food production: the impact of soil degradation, Food Security, 7 (2) 351-364.
- Badmos B, Sakrabani R & Lord R (2015) A glass house trial to investigate the impact of water treatment sludge and green waste compost to enhance the revegetation of contaminated sites, Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science, 62 (6) 865-876.
- Pawlett M, Deeks LK & Sakrabani R (2015) Nutrient potential of biosolids and urea derived organo-mineral fertilisers in a field scale experiment using ryegrass (Lolium perenne L.), Field Crops Research, 175 56-63.
- Antille DL, Sakrabani R & Godwin RJ (2014) Nitrogen release characteristics from biosolids-derived organomineral fertilizers, Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, 45 (12) 1687-1698.
- Antille DL, Sakrabani R & Godwin RJ (2014) Effects of biosolids-derived organomineral fertilizers, urea, and biosolids granules on crop and soil established with ryegrass (Lolium perenne L.), Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, 45 (12) 1605-1621.
- Antille DL, Sakrabani R & Godwin RJ (2014) Phosphorus Release Characteristics from Biosolids-Derived Organomineral Fertilizers, Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, 45 (19) 2565-2576.
- Wu G, Li X, Kechavarzi C, Sakrabani R, Sui H & Coulon F (2014) Influence and interactions of multi-factors on the bioavailability of PAHs in compost amended contaminated soils, Chemosphere, 107 (July) 43-50.
- Ulyett J, Sakrabani R, Kibblewhite M & Hann M (2014) Impact of biochar addition on water retention, nitrification and carbon dioxide evolution from two sandy loam soils, European Journal of Soil Science, 65 (1) 96-104.
- Kibblewhite MG, Prakash S, Hazarika M, Burgess PJ & Sakrabani R (2014) Managing declining yields from ageing tea plantations, Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 94 (8) 1477-1481.
- Chipula G, Sakrabani R, Hess T & Tyrrel S (2014) Compost-sewage effluent integration for ryegrass production, Journal of Crop Improvement, 28 (3) 345-360.
- Whelan A, Kechavarzi C, Coulon F, Sakrabani R & Lord R (2013) Influence of compost amendments on the hydraulic functioning of brownfield soils, Soil Use and Management, 29 (2) 260-270.
- Deeks LK, Chaney K, Murray C, Sakrabani R, Gedara S, Le MS, Tyrrel S, Pawlett M, Read R & Smith G (2013) A new sludge-derived organo-mineral fertilizer gives similar crop yields as conventional fertilisers, Agronomy for Sustainable Development, 33 (3) 539-549.
- Sutherland L, Gabriel D, Hathaway-Jenkins L, Pascual U, Schmutz U, Rigby D, Godwin R, Sait SM, Sakrabani R, Kunin B, Benton TG & Stagl S (2012) The ‘neighbourhood effect’: A multidisciplinary assessment of the case for farmer co-ordination in agri-environmental programmes, Land Use Policy, 29 (3) 502-512.
- Butler E, Whelan MJ, Sakrabani R & van Egmond R (2012) Fate of triclosan in field soils receiving sewage sludge, Environmental Pollution, 167 101-109.
- Butler E, Whelan MJ, Ritz K, Sakrabani R & van Egmond R (2012) The effect of triclosan on microbial community structure in three soils, Chemosphere, 89 (1) 1-9.
- Harris JA, Tyrrel SF, Ritz K, Lanigan GJ, Griffiths BS, Brennan FP, Bourdin F, Massey PA, Moynihan EL, Rogers NE, Kibblewhite MG, Pawlett M, Sakrabani R, Hoekstra NJ, Creamer RE, Schulte RPO & Richards KG (2011) Does soil biology hold the key to optimized slurry management? A manifesto for research, Soil Use and Management, 27 (4) 464-469.
- Hathaway-Jenkins LJ, Sakrabani R, Pearce B, Whitmore AP & Godwin RJ (2011) A comparison of soil and water properties in organic and conventional farming systems in England, Soil Use and Management, 27 (2) 133-142.
- Butler E, Whelan MJ, Ritz K, Sakrabani R & van Egmond R (2011) Solvent-based washing removes lipophilic contaminant interference with phospholipid fatty acid analysis of soil communities, Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 43 (10) 2208-2212.
- Butler E, Whelan MJ, Ritz K, Sakrabani R & van Egmond R (2011) Effects of triclosan on soil microbial respiration., Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 30 (2) 360-6.
- Sakrabani Ruben, Vollertsen Jes, Ashley Richard M & Hvitved-Jacobsen Thorkild (2009) Biodegradability of organic matter associated with sewer sediments during first flush., Science of the Total Environment, 407 (8) 2989-2995.
- Sakrabani R, Ashley R & Vollertsen J (2005) The influence of biodegradability of sewer solids for the management of CSOs,, Water Science and Technology, 51 (2) 89-97.
- McIlhatton TD, Sakrabani R, Ashley RM & Burrows R (2002) Erosion Mechanisms in Combined Sewers and the Potential for Pollutant Release to Receiving Waters and Water Treatment Plants, Water Science and Technology, 43 (3) 61-69.
- Fraser AI, Sakrabani R, Ashley RM & Johnstone F (2002) Managing sewer solids for the reduction of foul flush effects ? Forfar WTP,, Water Science and Technology, 43 (3) 265-272.
- Burak E & Sakrabani R (2022) Evaluating the efficacy of novel green fertilisers derived from combining carbon capture technology and organic waste materials. In: EGU General Assembly, 2022, Vienna, 23-27 May 2022.
- Antille DL, Sakrabani R & Godwin R (2014) Soil and crop responses following application of biosolids-derived organomineral fertilisers to ryegrass (Lolium perenne L.) grown in pots. In: American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers Annual International Meeting 2014, Montreal, 13-16 July 2014.
- Whelan A, Kechavarzi C, Sakrabani R, Coulon F, Simmons RW & Wu G (2010) The influence of compost addition on the water repellency of brownfield soils.. In: European Geosciences Union General Assembly 2010, Vienna, Austria, 2 May 2010.
- Whelan A, Kechavarzi C, Sakrabani R & Coulon F (2010) The influence of compost addition on the hydraulic properties of brownfield soils. In: ConSoil 2010 : 11th International UFZ- Deltares/TNO Conference on Management of Soil, Groundwater and Sediment, Salzburg, 22 September 2010.
- Antille D, Sakrabani R & Godwin RJ (2009) Organomineral fertilisers : nutrient dynamics and evaluation of agronomic characteristics. In: 2009 American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers Annual International Meeting, Reno, Nevada, 21 June 2009.
- Antille DL, Sakrabani R & Godwin RJ (2009) Organomineral fertilisers: Nutrient dynamics and evaluation of agronomic characteristics. In: 2009 American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers Annual International Meeting, Reno, Nevada, 21 June 2009.
- Antille D, Sakrabani R & Godwin RJ (2008) Organomineral fertilisers: nitrogen dynamics and evaluation of agronomic characteristics.. In: Proc. of ASABE (American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers) Annual International Meeting, Rhode Island, USA, Rhode Island, USA, 29 June 2008.
- Hathaway-Jenkins L, Dresser M, Godwin RJ, Palmer RC & Sakrabani R (2008) A comparison of the effects of conventional and organic farming practices on soil properties. In: Proc. of ASABE (American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers) Annual International Meeting, Rhode Island, USA, Rhode Island, USA, 29 June 2008.
- Sakrabani R & Hollis JM (2006) Predicting Changes in Soil Organic Carbon in Different Land Uses for England and Wales Under Current and Future Climatic Conditions Using CENTURY 5. In: Proc. World Congress in Soil Science, Philadelphia, USA. , Philadelphia, USA. , 16 September 2006.
- Sakrabani R & Hollis JM (2005) Prediction of Changes in Soil Organic Carbon with Climate using CENTURY. In: Proc. Modelling Soil Processes - measurement, uncertainty and modelling, BSSS Conference, Aberdeen., Aberdeen, Scotland, 20 October 2005.
- Sakrabani R & Hollis JM (2004) Prediction of Changes in Soil Organic Carbon with Climate using CENTURY and ROTHC.. In: Proc. EUROSOIL Conference, Freiburg, Germany., Freiburg, Germany., 4 September 2004.
- Sakrabani R, Pawlett M, Read R & Deeks LK Optimising phosphorus supply from nutrient enriched sludge granules using diffusive gradient in thin films (DGT). In: 16th European Biosolids and Organic Resources Conference, Leeds, 14 November 2011.
- Sakrabani R, Deeks LK, Kibblewhite MG & Ritz K (2012) Impacts of Agriculture on Soil Quality. In: Environmental Impacts of Modern Agriculture. Hester RE, Harrison RM (ed.), London: Royal Society of Chemistry, p. 35-56.