Areas of expertise
- Autonomous Systems
- Communications Systems
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Sensor Technologies
-- PhD, Signal Processing and Communications, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK, 2012.
-- MSc, Electrical Engineering-Telecommunications, Iran University of Science and Technology, Tehran, Iran, 2004.
-- BSc, Electrical Engineering-Electronics, Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran, 2001.
Dr Reza Mohammadkhani has been with the University of Kurdistan, Sanandaj, Iran as an Assistant Professor of Signal Processing and Communication Systems in the Department of Electrical Engineering for more than 6 years (2012-2018), supervising postgraduate research students and teaching postgraduate and undergraduate modules in electrical engineering and wireless communications.
Dr Mohammadkhani has been working on signal processing for wireless communications and radar systems for more than 15 years. From Spring 2014, he has been focusing on 5G Wireless Communications (massive MIMO, and Millimeter-Wave MIMO for mobile and vehicular communications, cognitive radio, device-to-device, and etc).
-- Signal Processing for Wireless Communications and Radar Systems
-- 5G and beyond Wireless Communications (massive MIMO, and Millimeter-Wave MIMO)
-- Vehicular Communications (V2V, V2I, and V2X)
-- Wireless Communications and Networking (Cognitive Radio, Interference Alignment, etc.)
-- Adaptive Array processing and Beamforming for Wireless and Radar Systems.
Research Fellow in Autonomous Systems, Aerospace Integration Research Centre.
I am currently involved in the following projects:
-- Autonomous inspections for non-destructive evaluation of aircraft composite materials http://compinnova.net/
-- Validation of AI models for Human Drive project that uses Machine Learning to develop natural, human-like vehicle control https://humandrive.co.uk/
Articles In Journals
- Mohammadkhani, R. Zanotti Fragonara L, Padiyar MJ, Petrunin I, Raposo J, Tsourdos A & Gray I. (2020) Improving depth resolution of ultrasonic phased array imaging to inspect aerospace composite structures, Sensors, 20 (2) Article No. 559.
- Azizzadeh A, Mohammadkhani R, Makki SV & Björnson E (2019) BER performance analysis of coarsely quantized uplink massive MIMO, Signal Processing, 161 (August) 259-267.
- Mohammadkhani R & Thompson JS (2013) Adaptive uncoupled termination for coupled arrays in MIMO systems, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, 61 (8) 4284-4295.
- Komjani N & Mohammadkhani R (2006) Modification of sidelobe Canceller system in planar arrays, International Journal of Engineering Transactions a Basics, 19 (1) 13-20.
- Mohammadkhani R, Zanotti Fragonara L, Padiyar J, Petrunin I, Tsourdos A & Gray I (2019) Ultrasonic phased array imaging technology for the inspection of aerospace composite structures. In: 2019 IEEE 5th International Workshop on Metrology for AeroSpace (MetroAeroSpace), Torino, 19-21 June 2019.
- Mohammadi H & Mohammadkhani R (2017) Beam switching techniques for millimeter wave vehicle to infrastructure communications. In: 7th International Conference on Computer and Knowledge Engineering, ICCKE 2017, Mashhad, 26-27 October 2017.
- Azizzadeh A, Mohammadkhani R, Al-Din Makki SV, (2017) BER performance of uplink massive MIMO with low-resolution ADCs. In: 7th International Conference on Computer and Knowledge Engineering, ICCKE 2017, Mashhad, 26-27 October 2017.
- Mohammadkhani R & Thompson JS (2010) MIMO capacity improvement in the presence of antenna mutual coupling. In: 18th Iranian Conference on Electrical Engineering (ICEE 2010), Isfahan, 11-13 May 2010.
- Mohammadkhani R & Thompson JS (2010) Adaptive matching for compact MIMO systems. In: 7th International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems, York, 19-22 September 2010.
- Mohammadkhani R & Kahaei MH (2008) Nonlinear active noise controller using Hammerstein series. In: 2008 3rd International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies: From Theory to Applications, Damascus, 7-11 April 2008.