Contact Dr Qi Zhang
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 750111 x2584
- Email: Q.Zhang@cranfield.ac.uk
Areas of expertise
BackgroundDr Qi Zhang has a BSc in Electrochemistry, an MSc in Inorganic Materials and a PhD in Sol-Gel Chemistry. He joined Cranfield University as a Research Fellow in 1996 following the completion of a PhD at Monash University in Australia. He became a Senior Research Fellow in 1998, and then Senior Lecturer in 2007.
He has a strong background in ferroelectric thin and thick films and their applications in ferroelectric mempry, pyroelectric and electrocaloric effect; in the synthesis of nanofunctional materials and their applications in ink-jet printing, and surface modifications; and in nanomaterials for energy storage, etc.
Qi is an academic staff at Cranfield University and a Visiting Professor at Wuhan University of Technology. He is a Fellow in IOM3 and has sat on the EPSRC Peer Review College since 2006.
He is currently supervising PhD students from the UK, EU, China, Iraq, Thailand. His research interests include looking at new properties of functional materials for various applications.
On-going activities include:
- Lithium ion battery for energy storage
- Synthesis of nanostructural materials by chemical solution method
- Fabrication of ferroelectric thin, thick films and bulk for all kinds of applications, such as, actuators, sensors and energy harvesting
- Surface engineering for antifouling, corrosion and algae growth.
- European frameworks, FP5-7, H2020
- The Royal Society
- National and international industry
- Parkside Ltd
Articles In Journals
- Wu J, Guo L, Wen M, Bu T, Zhou P, Zhong J, Huang F & Zhang Q (2019) The self-assembling growth of copper nanowires for transparent electrodes, Journal of Wuhan University of Technology (Materials Science Edition), 34 (1) 145-149.
- Bai G, Wu Z, Li J, Bu T, Li W, Li W, Huang F, Zhang Q, Cheng Y-B & Zhong J (2019) High performance perovskite sub-module with sputtered SnO2 electron transport layer, Solar Energy, 183 306-314.
- Xu M, Peng B, Zhu J, Liu L, Sun W, Leighton GJT, Shaw C, Luo N & Zhang Q (2019) Enhanced energy storage performance of (1-x)(BCT-BMT)-xBFO lead-free relaxor ferroelectric ceramics in a broad temperature range, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 789 (June) 303-312. Dataset/s: 10.1016/j.jallcom.2019.02.314
- Jin WW, Li HJ, Zou JZ, Inguva S, Zhang Q, Zeng SZ, Xu GZ & Zeng XR (2019) 2D ultrathin carbon nanosheets derived from interconnected Al-MOF as excellent hosts to anchor selenium for Li-Se battery, Materials Letters, 252 (October) 211-214.
- Peng B, Zhang Q, Gang B, Leighton GJT, Shaw C, Milne SJ, Zou B, Sun W, Huang H & Wang Z (2019) Phase-transition induced giant negative electrocaloric effect in a lead-free relaxor ferroelectric thin film, Energy and Environmental Science, 12 (5) 1708-1717.
- He S, Peng B, Leighton GJT, Shaw C, Wang N, Sun W, Liu L & Zhang Q (2019) High-performance La-doped BCZT thin film capacitors on LaNiO3/Pt composite bottom electrodes with ultra-high efficiency and high thermal stability, Ceramics International, 45 (9) 11749-11755.
- Chen G, Chen J, Pei W, Lu Y, Zhang QF, Zhang Q & He Y (2019) Bismuth ferrite materials for solar cells: Current status and prospects, Materials Research Bulletin, 110 (February) 39-49.
- Tu J, Li H, Zou J, Zeng S, Zhang Q, Yu L & Zeng X (2018) Microwave-assisted rapid preparation of hollow carbon nanospheres@TiN nanoparticles for lithium-sulfur batteries, Dalton Transactions, 47 (47) 16909-16917.
- Zhao S, Zhao J, Wen M, Yao M, Wang F, Huang F, Zhang Q, Cheng YB & Zhong J (2018) Sequentially reinforced additive coating for transparent and durable superhydrophobic glass, Langmuir, 34 (38) 11316-11324.
- Dan Y, Xu H, Zhang Y, Zou K, Zhang Q, Lu Y, Chang G, Zhang Q & He Y (2018) High energy density of PLZST antiferroelectric ceramics prepared by sol-gel method with low-cost dibutyltin oxide, Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 102 (4) 1776-1783.
- Yao Y, Liu O, Zhang Q, Zeng S, Chen S, Zou G, Zou J, Zeng X & Li X (2018) Nitrogen-doped micropores binder-free carbon-sulphur composites as the cathode for long-life lithium-sulphur batteries, Materials Letters, 231 (November) 159-162.
- Xu F, Chen J, Lu Y, Zhang Q, Zhang Q, Zhou T & He Y (2018) Exploration on the origin of enhanced piezoelectric properties in transition-metal ion doped KNN based lead-free ceramics, Ceramics International, 44 (14) 16745-16750.
- Zeng SZ, Zeng X, Tu W, Huang H, Yu L, Yao Y, Jin N, Zhang Q & Zou J (2018) A universal strategy to prepare sulfur-containing polymer composites with desired morphologies for lithium−sulfur batteries, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 10 (26) 22002-22012. Dataset/s: 10.1021/acsami.8b03611
- Peng B, Zhang Q, Lyu Y, Liu L, Lou X, Shaw C, Huang H & Wang Z (2018) Thermal strain induced large electrocaloric effect of relaxor thin film on LaNiO3/Pt composite electrode with the coexistence of nanoscale antiferroelectric and ferroelectric phases in a broad temperature range, Nano Energy, 47 (May) 285-293. Dataset/s: 10.1016/j.nanoen.2018.03.003
- Li L, Xu M, Zhang Q, Chen P, Wang N, Xiong D, Peng B & Liu L (2018) Electrocaloric effect in La-doped BNT-6BT relaxor ferroelectric ceramics, Ceramics International, 44 (1, January) 343-350.
- Balakt AM, Shaw CP & Zhang Q (2017) Enhancement of pyroelectric properties of lead-free 0.94 Na 0.5 Bi 0.5 TiO 3-0.06 BaTiO 3 ceramics by La doping, Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 37 (4) 1459-1466.
- Balakt AM, Shaw CP & Zhang Q (2017) The decrease of depolarization temperature and the improvement of pyroelectric properties by doping Ta in lead-free 0.94Na0.5Bi0.5TiO3-0.06BaTiO3 ceramics, Ceramics International, 43 (4) 3726-3733.
- Owen N & Zhang Q (2017) Investigations of aluminum fluoride as a new cathode material for lithium-ion batteries, Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, 47 (4) 417-431.
- Balakt AM, Shaw CP & Zhang Q (2017) Giant pyroelectric properties in La and Ta co-doped lead-free 0.94 Na 0.5 Bi 0.5 TiO 3-0.06 BaTiO 3 ceramics, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 709 (June) 82-91.
- Balakt A, Shaw C & Zhang Q (2017) Large pyroelectric properties at reduced depolarization temperature in A-site nonstoichiometry composition of lead-free 0.94NaxBiyTiO3–0.06BazTiO3 ceramics, Journal of Materials Science, 52 (12) 7382-7393.
- Wen M, Zhong J, Shuangjie Z, Bu T, Guo L, Ku Z, Peng Y, Huang F, Cheng YB & Zhang Q (2017) Robust transparent superamphiphobic coatings on non-fabric flat substrates with inorganic adhesive titania bonded silica, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 5 (18) 8352-8359.
- Peng X, Qi Z, Cheng J, Yuan J, Wu, Y & Jie J (2017) Preparation and characterization of a stable nano-sized ZnxCo1 – xAl2O4 Ink for glass decoration by ink-jet printing, Glass Physics and Chemistry, 43 (3) 246-256.
- Meng N, Mao R, Tu W, Odolczyk K, Zhang Q, Bilotti E & Reece MJ (2017) Crystallization kinetics and enhanced dielectric properties of free standing lead-free PVDF based composite films, Polymer, 121 (July) 88-96.
- Peng X, Cheng J, Yuan J, Jin N, Kang J, Hou Y & Qi Z (2017) Environmental blue CoAl2O4 pigment co-doped by Zn2+ and Mg2+: synthesis, structure and optical properties, Advances in Applied Ceramics, 117 (5) 303-311.
- Peng X, Yuan J, Shen S, Gao M, Chesman A, Yin H, Cheng J, Zhang Q & Angmo D (2017) Perovskite and organic solar cells fabricated by inkjet printing: progress and prospects, Advanced Functional Materials, 27 (41) Article No. 1703704.
- Balakt AM, Shaw CP & Zhang Q (2016) The effects of Ba2+ content on depolarization temperature and pyroelectric properties of lead-free 0.94Na0.5Bi0.5TiO3-0.06Ba1+xTiO3 ceramics, Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 27 (12) 12947-12954.
- Zhao Y, Gao H, Hao X & Zhang Q (2016) Orientation-dependent energy-storage performance and electrocaloric effect in PLZST antiferroelectric thick films, Materials Research Bulletin, 84 (December) 184-184.
- Zhao Y, Hao X & Zhang Q (2016) Enhanced energy-storage performance and electrocaloric effect in compositionally graded Pb(1−3x/2)LaxZr0.85Ti0.15O3 antiferroelectric thick films, Ceramics International, 42 (1(B)) 1679-1687.
- Li R, Zhou J, Chen W, Sun H, Bao Y & Zhang Q (2016) Ca(Mg1/3Ta2/3)O3 dielectric thin films: preparation, structure, mechanical and dielectric properties, Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 27 (9) 9391-9397.
- Shaw CP, Zhang Q, Correia TM & Weaver PM (2016) Characterisation of lead barium zirconate thin films for utilisation of the electrocaloric effect, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 178 (August) 74-81.
- Correia T & Zhang Q (2016) Thickness-dependent electrocaloric effect in mixed phased Pb0.87Ba0.1La0.02(Zr0.6Sn0.33Ti0.07)O3 thin films, Philosophical Transactions A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences, 13 (374).
- Yang X, Zhou J, Zhang S, Shen J, Tian J, Chen W & Zhang Q (2015) Direct measurement of electric field-induced strains of a single lead zirconate titanate piezoelectric ceramic fibre under various conditions, Ceramics International, 41 (1) 1657-1662.
- Hao X, Zhao Y & Zhang Q (2015) Phase structure tuned electrocaloric effect and pyroelectric energy harvesting performance of (Pb0.97La0.02)(Zr,Sn,Ti)O3 antiferroelectric thick films, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 119 (33) 18877-18885.
- Peng B, Zhang Q, Li X, Sun T, Ke S, Ye M, Wang Y, Lu W, Niu H, Zeng X, Fan H, Huang H, (2015) High dielectric tunability, electrostriction strain and electrocaloric strength at a tricritical point of tetragonal, rhombohedral and pseudocubic phases, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 646 (October) 597-602.
- Peng B, Zhang Q, Li X, Sun T, Fan H, Ke S, Ye M, Wang Y, Lu W, Niu H, Zeng X & Huang H (2015) Large Energy Storage Density and High Thermal Stability in a Highly Textured (111)-Oriented Pb0.8Ba0.2ZrO3 Relaxor Thin Film with the Coexistence of Antiferroelectric and Ferroelectric Phases, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 7 (24) 13512-13517.
- Fan H, Peng B & Zhang Q (2015) Preparation and field-induced electrical properties of perovskite relaxor ferroelectrics, Transactions on Electrical and Electronic Materials, 16 (1) 1-4.
- Peng B, Zhang Q, Ke S, Li T, Niu H, Zeng X, Fan H & Huang H (2015) Large electrocaloric strength in the (100)-oriented relaxor ferroelectric Pb[(Ni1/3Nb2/3)(0.6)Ti-0.4]O-3 single crystal at near morphotropic phase boundary, Ceramics International, 41 (8) 9344-9349.
- Zhao Y, Hao X & Zhang Q (2015) A giant electrocaloric effect of a Pb0.97La0.02(Zr0.75Sn0.18Ti0.07)O3 antiferroelectric thick film at room temperature, Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 3 (8) 1694-1699.
- Zhao Y, Hao X & Zhang Q (2015) Improved electrocaloric effect in (100)-oriented Pb0.97La0.02(Zr0.57Sn0.38Ti0.05)O3 antiferroelectric thick film by interface engineering, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 653 (December) 260-265.
- Peng B, Zhang Q, Li X, Sun T, Fan H, Ke S, Ye M, Wang Y, Lu W, Niu H, Scott JF, Zeng X & Huang H (2015) Giant electric energy density in epitaxial lead-free thin films with coexistence of ferroelectrics and antiferroelectrics, Advanced Electronic Materials, 1 (5) Article No. 1500052.
- Zhao Y, Hao X & Zhang Q (2014) Energy-storage properties and electrocaloric effects of Pb(1-3x/2)LaxZr0.85Ti0.15O3 antiferroelectric thick films, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 6 (14) 11633-11639.
- Nataraj SK, Song Q, Al-Muhtaseb SA, Dutton SE, Zhang Q & Sivaniah E (2013) Thin, flexible supercapacitors made from carbon nanofiber electrodes decorated at room temperature with manganese oxide nanosheets, Journal of Nanomaterials, 2013 Article No. 272093.
- Peng B, Fan H, Li Q & Zhang Q (2013) Dielectric and tunability properties of the Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)1-xZrxO3 ceramics, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 549 283-287.
- Peng B, Fan H & Zhang Q (2013)
A giant electrocaloric effect in nanoscale antiferroelectric and ferroelectric phases coexisting in a relaxor Pb0.8Ba0.2ZrO3 thin film at room temperature, Advanced Functional Materials, 23 (23) 2987-2992.
- Peng B, Fan H & Zhang Q (2013) A Giant Electrocaloric Effect in Nanoscale Antiferroelectric and Ferroelectric Phases Coexisting in a Relaxor Pb0.8Ba0.2ZrO3 Thin Film at Room Temperature, Advanced Functional Materials, 23 (23) 2987-2992.
- Aulika I, Mergen S, Bencan A, Zhang Q, Dejneka A, Kosec M, Kundzins K, Demarchi D & Civera P (2013) Impact of crystallisation processes on depth profile formation in sol-gel PbZr0·52Ti0·48O3 thin films, Advances in Applied Ceramics, 112 (1) 53-58.
- Peng B, Fan H & Zhang Q (2013) High Tunability in (111)-Oriented Relaxor Pb0.8Ba0.2ZrO3 Thin Film with Antiferroelectric and Ferroelectric Two-Phase Coexistence, Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 96 (6) 1852-1856.
- Ning H, Zhang Q, Cain M, Reece MJ & Yan H (2013)
Active Ferroelectricity in nanostructured multiferroic BiFeO3 bulk ceramics, Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 1 (36) 5628-5631.
- Peng B, Fan H & Zhang Q (2013) High tunability in (111)-oriented relaxor Pb0.8Ba0.2ZrO3 thin film with antiferroelectric and ferroelectric two-phase coexistence, Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 96 (6) 1852-1856.
- Aulika I, Mergen S, Bencan A, Zhang Q, Dejneka A, Kosec M, Kundzins K, Demarchi D & Civera P (2013) Impact of Crystallisation processes on depth profile formation in sol-gel PbZr0.52Ti0.48O3 thin films, Advances in Applied Ceramics, 112 (1) 53-58.
- Peng B, Fan H & Zhang Q (2013) Electric field-induced giant electrocaloric effect in nano-scaled antiferroelectric and ferroelectric phases coexisted relaxor Pb0.8Ba0.2ZrO3 thin film at room temperature, Advanced Functional Materials, 23 (23) 2987-2992.
- Lusiola T, Bortolani F, Zhang Q & Dorey R (2012) Molten hydroxide synthesis as an alternative to molten salt synthesis for producing K0.5Na0.5NbO3 lead free ceramics, Journal of Materials Science, 47 (4) 1938-1942.
- Kosmala A, Zhang Q, Wright R & Kirby P (2012)
Development of high concentrated aqueous silver dispersion for inkjet printing on ceramic substrates, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 132 (2-3) 788-798.
- Peng B, Fan H & Zhang Q (2012)
The contribution of the "extrinsic" polarizations to the dielectric tunability of Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)1-xTixO3 relaxor ferroelectrics, Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 95 (5) 1651-1655.
- Peng BL, Fan H, Li Q & Zhang Q (2012)
High dielectric non-linear properties of the Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)0.8(Sc1/2Nb1/2)0.2O3 ceramics, Materials Research Bulletin, 47 (8) 2051-2055.
- Zhang Q & Dunn S (2011) Room temperature synthesis of crystalline a-Fe2O3 nanoparticles, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 11 (4) 3716-3718.
- Correia TM, Kar-Narayan S, Young JS, Scott JF, Mathur ND, Whatmore RW & Zhang Q (2011) PST thin films for electrocaloric coolers, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 44 (16) 165407-165407.
- Kosmala A, Wright R, Zhang Q & Kirby P (2011) Synthesis of silver nano particles and fabrication of aqueous Ag inks for inkjet printing, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 129 (3) 1075-1080.
- Libor Z, Wilson SA & Zhang Q (2011) Rheological properties of magnetic and electro-active nanoparticles in non-polar liquids, Journal of Materials Science, 46 (16) 5385-5393.
- Jiang QH, Liu F, Yan H, Ning H, Libor Z, Zhang Q, Cain M & Reece MJ (2011) Magneto-electric properties of multiferroic Pb(Zr0.52Ti0.48)O3-NiFe2O4 nanoceramic composites, Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 94 (8) 2311-2314.
- Jiang AQ, Liu XB & Zhang Q (2011) Nanosecond-range imprint and retention characterized from polarization-voltage hysteresis loops in insulating or leaky ferroelectric thin films, Applied Physics Letters, 99 (14) 142905-142905.
- Lusiola T, Chelwani N, Bortolani F, Zhang Q & Dorey RA (2011) Low Temperature Production of Lead-Free Piezoelectric Thick Films, Ferroelectrics, 422 (1) 50-54.
- Jiang AQ, Liu XB & Zhang Q (2011) Nanosecond-range imprint and retention from polarization-voltage hysteresis loops in insulating/leaking ferroelectric thin films, Applied Physics Letters, 99 (14) Article No. 142905.
- Bhattacharyya D, Luker A, Zhang Q & Kirby PB (2010) Structural evaluation of sol-gel derived lead strontium titanate diffusion barrier for integration in lead zirconate titanate transducer design, Thin Solid Films, 518 (12) 3382-3390.
- Wang W, Zhang Q, Liu Z & Libor Z (2010) Highly efficient size reduction of nanoparticles by the shock wave method, Functional Materials Letters, 3 (4) 299-302.
- Corriea TM & Zhang Q (2010) The impact of PZT seed layer on microstructure,dielectric and ferroelectric properties of 0.93PMN-0.07PT thin films, Ferroelectrics, 405 (1) 275-280.
- Tanusri C, Xu B, Zhang Q, Bell AJ, Bo X, Chowdhury A, James C, Puchmarks C, Harrington J, Khan M, Miles RE, Xiong W & Milne S (2010) Laser transfer processing and the integration of ferroelectric films, Integrated Ferroelectrics, 106 (1) 40-48.
- Zhang Q, D'Astorg S, Xiao P, Zhang X & Lu L (2010) Carbon-coated fluorinated graphite for high energy and high power densities primary lithium batteries, Journal of Power Sources, 195 (9) 2914-2917.
- Lüker A, Zhang Q & Kirby PB (2010) Study of compositional change in the interfacial regions between lead strontium titanate (PST)/SiO2 and lead zirconate titanate (PZT)/SiO2 by Auger emission spectroscopy, Thin Solid Films, 518 (14) 3763-3766.
- Corriea TM & Zhang Q (2010) High tunable dielectric response of Pb0.87Ba0.1La0.02 (Zr0.6Sn0.33Ti0.07) O3 thin film, Journal of Applied Physics, 108 (4) Article No. 044107.
- James C, Chakraborty T, Brown A, Comyn T, Dorey RA, Harrington J, Laister AJ, Miles RE, Puchmark C, Xu B, Xiong W, Zhang Q & Milne SJ (2009) Laser transfer processing for the integration of thin and thick film ferroelectrics, Journal of Materials Science, 44 (19) 5325-5331.
- Correia TM, Young JS, Whatmore RW, Scott JF, Nathur ND & Zhang Q (2009) Investigation of electrocaloric effect in PMN-PT relaxor thin films, Applied Physics Letters, 95 (18) Article No. 182904.
- Wilson SA, Libor Z, Skordos AA & Zhang Q (2009) Enhanced dc conductivity of low volume-fraction nano-particulate suspensions in silicone and perfluorinated oils, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 42 (6).
- Libor Z & Zhang Q (2009) The synthesis of nickel nanoparticles with controlled morphology and SiO2/Ni core-shell structures, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 114 (2-3) 902-907.
- Zhang Q, D'Astorg S, Xiao P, Zhang X & Lu L (2009) Carbon-coated flurinated graphite for high energy and high power densities primary lithium batteries, Journal of Power Sources, 195 (9) 2914-2917.
- Corkovic S & Zhang Q (2009) Enhanced pyroelectric coefficient of antiferroelectric-ferroelectric bilayer thin films, Journal of Applied Physics, 105 (6) Article No. 61610.
- Correia TM, Young JS, Whatmore JW, Scott JF, Mathur ND & Zhang Q (2009) Investigation of the electrocaloric effect in a PbMg2/3Nb1/3O3-PbTiO3 relaxor thin film, Applied Physics Letters, 95 (18) 1829041-1829043.
- Corkovic S, Whatmore RW & Zhang Q (2008) Development of residual stress in sol-gel derived Pb(Zr,Ti)O3 films: An experimental study, Journal of Applied Physics, 103 (8) Article No. 84101.
- Jiang AQ, Tang TA, Corkovic S & Zhang Q (2008) Reversible charge injection in antiferroelectric thin films, Applied Physics Letters, 93 (21) Article No. 212908.
- Whatmore RW, Zhang Q, Shaw CP, Dorey RA & Alcock JR (2007) Pyroelectric ceramics and thin films for applications in uncooled infra-red sensor arrays, Physica Scripta, T129 6-11.
- Wilson SA, Jourdain RPR, Zhang Q, Dorey RA, Bowen CR, Willander M, Ul Wahab Q, Willander M, Al-Hilli AM, Nur O, Quandt E, Johansson C, Pagounis E, Kohl M, Matovic J, Samel B, Van Der Wijngaart W, Jager EWH, Carlsson D, Djinovic Z, Wegener M, Moldovan C, Iosub R, Abad E, Wendlandt M, Rusu C & Persson K (2007) New Materials for Micro-scale Sensors and Actuators - an Engineering Review, Materials Science and Engineering: R: Reports, 56 (1-6) 1-129.
- Tommi R, Mattila T, Van Dijken S, Luker A, Zhang Q, Kirby PB & Sanchez A (2007) Ferroelectric parallel-plate capacitors with copper electrodes for high-frequency applications, Applied Physics Letters, 91 (25) Article No. 252902.
- Zhang Q, Cordova S, Marshall JM, Shaw CP & Whatmore RW (2007) Stress-induced phase formation of PZT 52/48 thin films, Integrated Ferroelectrics, 88 (1) 85-92.
- Jiang AQ, Lin YY, Tang TA & Zhang Q (2007) Asymmetry of domain forward switching and multilevel relaxation times of domain backswitching in antiferroelectric Pb0.99Nb0.02(Zr0.84Sn0.12Ti0.04)0.98O3 thin films, Applied Physics Letters, 90 (14) Article No. 142901.
- Linardos S, Zhang Q & Alcock JR (2006) Preparation of sub-micron PZT particles with the sol-gel technique, Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 26 (1-2) 117-123.
- Linardos S, Zhang Q & Alcock JR (2006) An investigation of the parameters effecting the agglomerate size of a PZT ceramic powder prepared with a sol-gel technique, Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 27 (1) 231-235.
- Huang Z, Zhang Q, Corkovic S, Dorey RA, Duval FFC, Leighton G, Wright RV, Kirby PB & Whatmore RW (2006) Piezoelectric PZT films for MEMS and their characterization by interferometry, Journal of Electroceramics, 17 (2-4) 549-556.
- Huang Z, Zhang Q, Corkovic S, Dorey RA & Whatmore RW (2006) Comparative Measurements of Piezoelectric Coefficient of PZT Films by Berlincourt, Interferometer, and Vibrometer Methods, IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, 53 (12) 2287-2293.
- Khan, Mikael Kurchania, Rajnish, Corkovic, Silvana, Zhang, Qi Milne & Steven (2006) Densification of lead zirconate titanate sol-gel coatings, Materials Letters, 60 (12) 1463-1465.
- Mischenko AS, Zhang Q, Scott JF, Whatmore RW & Mathur ND (2006) Giant electrocaloric effect in the thin film relaxor ferroelectric 0.9 PbMg1/3Nb2/3O3-0.1PbTiO3 near room temperature, Applied Physics Letters, 89 (24) Article No. 242912.
- Marshall JM, Zhang Q, Huang Z & Whatmore RW (2005) Orientation control of low temperature deposited sol-gel PZT52/48 films, Ferroelectrics, 318 (1) 41-48.
- Zhang Q, Corkovic S, Shaw CP, Huang Z & Whatmore RW (2005) Effect of porosity on the ferroelectric properties of sol-gel prepared lead zirconate titanate thin films, Thin Solid Films, 488 (1-2) 258-264.
- Marson S, Dorey RA, Zhang Q, Whatmore RW, Hardy A & Mullens J (2004) Direct patterning of photosensitive chemical solution deposition PZT layers, Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 24 (6) 1925-1928.
- Zhang Q, Shaw CP, Huang Z & Whatmore RW (2004) Sol-gel derived lead zirconate titanate thick films and their improved pyroelectric properties, Integrated Ferroelectrics, 64 207-216.
- Marson S, Dorey RA, Zhang Q & Whatmore RW (2003) Thick PZT micro-features obtained by direct patterning of photosensitive precursor solution, Integrated Ferroelectrics, 54 585-593.
- Garcia-Miquel J, Zhang Q, Allen S, Rougier A, Blyr A, Davies H & Impey SA (2003) Nickel Oxide Sol-Gel Films from Nickel Diacetate for Electrochromic Applications, Thin Solid Films, 424 (2) 165-170.
- Whatmore RW, Zhang Q, Huang Z & Dorey RA (2003) Ferroelectric thin and thick films for microsystems, Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, 5 (2-3) 65-76.
- Duval FFC, Dorey RA, Zhang Q & Whatmore RW (2003) Lead germanium oxide sinter assisted PZT composite thick film, Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 23 (11) 1935-1941.
- Bessant J, Birley S, Cooper C, Dawson S, Gennard J, Gardiner M, Gray A, Jones P, Mayer C, McGee J, Pidd M, Rowley G, Saunders J & Stark A (2003) The state of the field in UK management research: reflections of the Research Assessment Exercise panel, British Journal of Management, 14 (1) 51-68.
- Rougier A, Blyr A, Garcia J, Zhang Q & Impey SA (2002) Electrochromic W-M-O (M=V,Nb) Sol-Gel Thin Films: A Way to Neutral Colour, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 71 (3) 343-357.
- Dunn SC, Shaw CP, Huang Z & Whatmore RW (2002) Ultra high resolution of PZT 30/70 domains as imaged by PFM, Nanotechnology, 13 (4) 456-459.
- Whatmore RW, Shaw CP, Zhang Q, Roy SS & Gleeson HF (2001) Oxide ferroelectric thin film/nematic liquid crystal devices, Integrated Ferroelectrics, 41 (1-4) 3-16.
- Su QX, Kirby PB, Komuro E, Imura M, Zhang Q & Whatmore RW (2001) Thin-film bulk acoustic resonators and filters using ZnO and lead-zirconium-titanate thin films, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, 49 (4) 769-778.
- Kirby PB, Komuro E, Imura M, Zhang Q, Su QX & Whatmore RW (2001) High frequency thin film ferroelectric acoustic resonators and filters, Integrated Ferroelectrics, 41 (1-4) 91-100.
- Zhang Q & Whatmore RW (2001) Sol-gel PZT and Mn-doped PZT thin films for pyroelectric applications, Integrated Ferroelectrics, 41 (1-4) 43-50.
- Shaw CP, Roy S, Whatmore RW, Gleeson H, Huang Z, Zhang Q & Dunn SC (2001) Growth and characterisation of lead zirconate titanate (30/70) thin films using Ti02 seeding for ferroelectric-liquid crystal display technology, Ferroelectrics, 256 159-194.
- Roy SS, Gleeson HF, Whatmore RW, Shaw CP & Zhang Q (2001) Effects of pulsed electric fields on a nematic device with a ferroelectric ceramic substrate, Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, 368 9-15.
- Zhang Q & Whatmore RW (2001) Sol-gel PZT and Mn-doped PZT thin films for pyroelectric applications, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 34 (15) 2296-2301.
- Chun YH, Fragkiadakis C, Bao P, Luker A, Wright RV, Hong JS, Kirby PB, Zhang Q, Jackson TJ & Lancaster MJ (2008) Tunable Bandstop Resonator and Filter on Si-Substrate with PST Thin Films by Sol-Gel Deposition. In: The 38th European Microwave Conference, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 27 October 2008.
- Bhattacharyya D, Wright RV, Zhang Q, Kirby PB, Guerre R, Drechsler U, Despont M, Saharil F & Obberhammer J (2008) Material aspects for batch integration of PZT thin films using transfer bonding technologies - Q2M development. In: 4M 2008 - 4th International Conference on Multi-Material Micro Manufacture, Cardiff, 9 September 2008.
- Zhang Q, Cordova S, Marshall JM, Shaw CP & Whatmore RW (2006) Stress induced phase formation of PZT 52/48 thin films. In: International Symposium on Integrated Ferroelectrics (ISIF 2006), Honolulu, Hawaii, 23-27 April 2006.
- Marshall JM, Zhang Q, Huang Z & Whatmore RW (2004) Orientation control of low temperature deposited sol-gel PZT52/48 films. In: 7th European Meeting on Applications of Polar Dielectrics (ECAPD7), Liberec, 6-9 September 2004.
- Marson S, Dorey RA, Zhang Q & Whatmore RW (2004) Direct patterning of photosensitive solutions for thick PZT micro-features. In: 4th euspen International Conference, Glasgow, Scotland, 30 May 2004.
- Dorey RA, Zhang Q, Marson S, Huang Z & Whatmore RW (2004) PZT thin films: fabrication and characterisation. In: International conference on materials technology and design of integrated piezoelectric devices, Cormayeur, Italy, 2 February 2004.
- Jones Phil, Tiwari Ashutosh, Roy Rajkumar & Corbett J (2004) Optimisation of the High Efficiency Deep Grinding Process with Fuzzy Fitness Function and Constraints.. In: Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC-2004), Portland, OR, 19-23 June 2004.
- Jiang H, Kirby PB & Zhang Q (2003) Fabrication of PZT actuated cantilevers on silicon-on-insulator wafers for a RF microswitch. In: Micromachining and Microfabrication Symposium 2003, San Jose, USA, 1 January 2003.
- Duval F, Dorey RA, Stringfellow S, Zhang Q & Whatmore RW (2002) Comparison of piezoelectric properties of a MOD and a sol-gel niobium-doped PZT thin film. In: Ferroelectrics 2001 UK, Sheffield, UK, 11 April 2001.
- Su QX, Kirby PB, Komuro E, Imura M, Zhang Q & Whatmore RW (2001) PZT Thin Film Bulk Acoustic Wave Resonators and Filters. In: 2001 IEEE International Frequency Control Symposium and PDA Exhibition, Seatle, USA, 1 January 2001.
- Molter O, Shaw CP & Whatmore RW (2001) Dopant effects in Pyroelectric ceramics in the PMN-PZT system. In: Ferroelectrics UK 2001, Sheffield, UK, 11 April 2001.
- Whatmore RW, Shaw CP, Zhang Q, Roy SS & Gleeson HF (2001) Oxide Ferroelectric Thin Film/Nematic Liquid Crystal Devices. In: 13th International Symposium on Integrated Ferroelectrics, Colorado Springs, USA, 1 January 2001.
- Brown S, Bessant J, Lamming R & Jones P (2004) Strategic operations management. Oxford: Butterworth Heinemann.