Areas of expertise
- Gas Turbines & Propulsion
- Instrumentation, Sensors and Measurement Science
Pierre is a French researcher who specialises in experimental sciences. After obtaining his master's degree in Mechanical Engineering at ISAE-ENSMA of Poitiers (France), he studied heat transfer in turbulent natural convection flows during his PhD. He is involved in the development of bespoke fine measurement techniques to unlock access to turbulent quantities and work towards better comprehension of the behaviour of the flow. In partnership with ArianeGroup and the French Space Agency, he conducted test campaigns to contribute to the characterisation of the injection dome of rocket engines in LEGI (formerly the Institut of Fluid Mechanics) in France.
Pierre is now working for the Innovate UK project PINES - Powerplant Integration of Novel Engine Systems. His role on the project is initially focused on the testing of the key components of a waste heat recovery system for gas turbines.
Articles In Journals
- Belleoud P, Saury D & Lemmonier D (2018) Coupled velocity and temperature measurements in an air-filled differentially heated cavity at Ra=1.2E11, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 123 (January) 151-161.
- Belleoud P, Saury D, Joubert P, Lemonnier D & Djanna F (2012) Experimental investigations in an air-filled differentially-heated cavity at large Rayleigh Numbers, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 395 Article No. 012119.
- Ilie VA, Saury D, Lemonnier D & Belleoud P (2012) Coupled temperature and velocity measurements in turbulent natural convection flows, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 395 Article No. 012067.